New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    well they're a bit right when being apprehensive about Korean. I have one of oldest Korean car here, a 2006 Sta Fe and i'm not that impressed. i'll go back to Japanese on my next purchase. i love my Sta Fe but to be honest, i had to take extra care for it just for it to last longer. di katulad ng crv ko, gulong, ilaw, mga actuators electronics di ganun kabilis mag-fail

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    how about suzuki vitara?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Jut sino to? Batchmate ba natin? )

Kung ganun nga in my opinion he should go for the Strada, kahit GLX ok na actually. It's everything that he needs, and it isn't Korean. =))

Kung nakapagstretch nga lang kami ng 100k pa, Strada GL na sana binili namin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Adding pick-ups to the options does cover the flooding fording part.

Not sure if it'll be as economical as a Focus though.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    Jut sino to? Batchmate ba natin? )

Kung ganun nga in my opinion he should go for the Strada, kahit GLX ok na actually. It's everything that he needs, and it isn't Korean. =))

Kung nakapagstretch nga lang kami ng 100k pa, Strada GL na sana binili namin.
    Yep.

Bare nga ng Strada GL. :|

Mas ok talaga Focus pag hindi Korean. :D Aanhin mo naman yung loading bay ng pickup diba. If you can get away with a smaller car, go for it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    going for pickup yet most of the time eh you're just all alone driving is not practical either. (reminds me of the crisis before again) unless you haul tons of stuff daily with others onboard...

from the choices, i'd go for the focus. though asx's manual transmission kahit in an incline position was great and looks like an Ex, prefer ko power ng efficiency ng tdci.
    boot ng asx seems to be too little.
    interior? i'd go for asx
    exterior? asx
    yearmodel? asx

though kung solo driver yet something higher in clearance and yet still cheap with a decent compartment space, i'd go for an sx4 hatch if i'm in his position. well sana nga ako nasa position niya

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    double vios/city also an option.

or buy one and keep the cash for all the add-ons you wish in the future. hid, roof rack/bicycle rack, state of the art engine oil, suspension, alternative rims and tires, anti-roll system. drool

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    double vios/city also an option.

or buy one and keep the cash for all the add-ons you wish in the future. hid, roof rack/bicycle rack, state of the art engine oil, suspension, alternative rims and tires, anti-roll system. drool
    It's not like he has 1.2M cash at hand and then has to spend it on a car/s. Besides, subcompacts are out of the question. Only things to consider are compacts, CUVs and pickups.

And currently Focus is the choice.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    The parents obviously know nothing about cars!!!

The Ford Fiesta, your friends first choice, is German design and has the best comfort and safety specs in it's class and punches above it's weight with the aforementioned spec's and many others in bigger classes also ...

If he is worried about floods watch this :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSVfgQYnbaA"]YouTube - Top Gear Ford Fiesta Review[/ame]

By the way Jeremy Clarkeson is 6'5" tall!

And as for his parents not liking Korean cars for the 'hassle factor' they are about 10 years out of date!!!

The Tucson is WAAAAAAY better than the dated Focus & new poorly spec'd ASX, in all aspects ...

My advise; EDUCATE the parents !!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My vote goes for focus. very economical

I know focus is really good car, its just I'm not sure if ford is good for aftersales and maintenance.. I hope they improve since fiesta is selling a lot.

OT po:

Out of curiosity, since halos magkaka price lang naman po ang focus tdci, base asx, at lancer ex gta, pwede po pacompare w/c is better between asx and the gta? We know both of them are mitsu and use the same engine, so w/c of them is better?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Focus TDCi vs ASX