New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've got a friend who's in the market for a car right now. Initially he wanted the Fiesta. However, his parents warned against it as it was too small especially for long drives. Hence, the choice now is either the TDCi or the ASX.

He argues that the Focus is due to be replaced soon and buying one now might be a waste of money, but he can't wait for the new one. He's also leaning towards the ASX because he says it can trudge shin high floods (flood often at their place) safely enough to get the car home, whereas the Focus won't be able to do likewise, as the ASX has 10cm more clearance.

I would still personally go for the Focus though. I don't really see the practicality of the ASX. I would bet the Focus has more interior space. And is more fuel efficient.

What do you guys think? Other info about him is that he's a tall guy and a college student.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    High floods, the ASX?? Its not even high... Lamang lang ng what 2 inches from your regular compact sedan and that is not high enough... Sa budget na yan I still insist a Tucson. Pero kung etong dalawa lang I think the Focus TDCi might be better cause matipid talaga sa crudo...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ba't di na lang sya mag-escape tutal Ford din saka puwede sa baha

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    ba't di na lang sya mag-escape tutal Ford din saka puwede sa baha
    I really wish they would bring the USDM Escape that's been sold the states for the past 3 years, but you get the old ones that they keep face lifting since 2002!

Tucson owners beware

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Tell your friend to get the Focus TDCi or better else get a Tucson..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yun una ko suggestion. I forgot to mention that his parents hate Korean. Hassle pa makipagtalo so the Tucson, though it's the most apt, is out of the equation.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I assume a budget of around 1.2m?

Tucson> Focus=ASX

The new Focus is still about a year and a half away, maybe even more but because I know it's coming I'd never think about getting the current model.

ninja edit: kung ayaw nya Korean, why not try a CR-V? if it's really between the two I'd go for the ASX, since I can't picture myself getting a current model knowing the replacement is on the horizon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've got a friend who's in the market for a car right now. Initially he wanted the Fiesta. However, his parents warned against it as it was too small especially for long drives. Hence, the choice now is either the TDCi or the ASX.

He argues that the Focus is due to be replaced soon and buying one now might be a waste of money, but he can't wait for the new one. He's also leaning towards the ASX because he says it can trudge shin high floods (flood often at their place) safely enough to get the car home, whereas the Focus won't be able to do likewise, as the ASX has 10cm more clearance.

I would still personally go for the Focus though. I don't really see the practicality of the ASX. I would bet the Focus has more interior space. And is more fuel efficient.

What do you guys think? Other info about him is that he's a tall guy and a college student.

Just get the mid-point of the two.

Buy a Mitsu Lancer EX GTA.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Focus tdci ako, good looking, big boot from what I saw, diesel-efficient, diesel-powerful, DSG-tranny. though I like the pre facelift front ng tdci. hehehe

Tpos upgrade to 18's na shoes ayos!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yun una ko suggestion. I forgot to mention that his parents hate Korean. Hassle pa makipagtalo so the Tucson, though it's the most apt, is out of the equation.
    Tell them to test drive one. For me its the same as most of them... Tucson then focus tdci and at the end of the list is ASX...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Focus TDCi vs ASX