New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just asked him, and this are his priorities (in order), and i quote:

Fuel economy.
    Value-for-money.
    Relatively new /or/ long lasting design (like the Civic or Altis).
    Modest interior room.
    Decent power and torque.
    Preferrably: bells and whistles XDD

Fiesta really suits his needs except for the space part. And his mother is against the whole subcompact genre because of this.

Since he doesn't really value handling and wants a car that costs as little as possible, I actually suggested the 1.6V Altis. The facelift means he won't get tired of it. The new engine + transmission is almost sure to be efficient. It costs just north of 900k. It rides comfortably.

I also suggested the Jazz. Has lots of space actually.

And then I suggested the Focus. Because it's all the Fiesta is but has more space. It's just that I sense he's really put off by the fact that a new one's coming.

GH, the GT-A is a tad too expensive for his needs, he doesn't really need the handling anyway. And fuel efficiency is on the top of the list eh.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    SUV nalang

ung mga choices kasi maliit talaga
    and eto ung mga kailangan
    malaki,mataas kayang lumusong sa baha, and nasa mga suv yun why not montero nalang? mas maganda yun sa 2 choices

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    SUV nalang

ung mga choices kasi maliit talaga
    and eto ung mga kailangan
    malaki,mataas kayang lumusong sa baha, and nasa mga suv yun why not montero nalang? mas maganda yun sa 2 choices
    Tama... Montero na lang malaki ang space and mataas. huwag lang talaga ASX. Overpriced and mukhang gas-guzzling unit yun. hindi pa din ako bilib sa gas ng mitsu e. more of a diesel guy kasi ako e.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sagad na yung 1.2M so MS is out of the equation. Basta bigger than a subcompact naman daw, ok na.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Innova? hehehehe Nah I am sure ayaw ng friend mo... Pero yun malaki, practical at below P1M...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just asked him, and this are his priorities (in order), and i quote:

Fuel economy.
    Value-for-money.
    Relatively new /or/ long lasting design (like the Civic or Altis).
    Modest interior room.
    Decent power and torque.
    Preferrably: bells and whistles XDD

Fiesta really suits his needs except for the space part. And his mother is against the whole subcompact genre because of this.

Since he doesn't really value handling and wants a car that costs as little as possible, I actually suggested the 1.6V Altis. The facelift means he won't get tired of it. The new engine + transmission is almost sure to be efficient. It costs just north of 900k. It rides comfortably.

I also suggested the Jazz. Has lots of space actually.

And then I suggested the Focus. Because it's all the Fiesta is but has more space. It's just that I sense he's really put off by the fact that a new one's coming.

GH, the GT-A is a tad too expensive for his needs, he doesn't really need the handling anyway. And fuel efficiency is on the top of the list eh.
    If fuel efficiency is on top, why even consider the ASX?

Just grab the Ford Focus TDCi Hatchback.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sagad na yung 1.2M so MS is out of the equation. Basta bigger than a subcompact naman daw, ok na.
    80k na lang ang kulang niya para sa monty. sabihin mo chip in niya na lang yun.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    No love for the Suzuki SX4?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    80k na lang ang kulang niya para sa monty. sabihin mo chip in niya na lang yun.
    It started with the 766k Fiesta, and kaya lang naconsider yung Focus/ASX was in pursuit of a slightly bigger car.

I asked him about the MS, too big naman daw. :|

Are there any other cars that are cheaper than the Focus TDCi but fits his needs?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    SX4 ung TDCi mahal nadin yun.. pero sure ako ung monty perfect sa kanya

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Focus TDCi vs ASX