New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 129 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M/T lost to A/T. Well at least in preference. No one prefer to drive a stick nowadays.

A/T nowadays have evolved to the point that they are as good as M/T when it comes to drivability. Alagaan mo nga lang sa frequent ATF changes, tatagal na din.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by muypaquito View Post
    am really just dumb AF sa mga sasakyan.

can anyone take a sample timeline/costs ng mga kelangang ialaga sa AT and MT? for sample the fluids, filters, oils... the frequency they need to be replaced with and cost.
    for AT,

40,000km or 24mo generally for 4sp 6spd and including cvts. drop and fill prices vary because of the volume, 3-4iter 4-6liters 7-9 liters respectively.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For Subaru CVT trannies, it's 40k KM intervals for every CVTF replacement. Motor Image suggests to follow actual mileage rather than age. It needs around 13L for every CVTF replacement.

Back with our old Accord 6th gen and City/Jazz 2009, it was 40k between ATF replacement. They require around 4L of ATF for every refill.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    pero mahirap talunin sa patibayan ang manual trans....

kahit walang palitan ng gear oil eh hindi masisira......its virtually maintenance-free.....

pero agree ako umaasenso na matic ngayon.... ang gaan idrive ng continous variable transmission...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

kahit walang palitan ng gear oil eh hindi masisira......its virtually maintenance-free.....

pero agree ako umaasenso na matic ngayon.... ang gaan idrive ng continous variable transmission...
    for the high torque diesels ie tbz colorado and rangers.. it actually doesnt last that long..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    letsugas kasi sa mahal ng AT kumpara sa MT counterpart. hoping to get innova E. nakikipagtalo pako sa misis dahil ako itong mas consider ang AT para di mahirap sa trapik. sya naman gusto MT para sa extrang pera eh marami pa magagastos.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The MTF is not totally maintenance free. Pinapaltan din yan. Imagine that fluid just sits there without any filtration whatsover. Although the ATF goes through more pressure than the MTF.

As per Tatsuru Ichisama of Spoon Sports he suggests that every change oil palitan din ang MTF. But for me its a bit overkill. Siguro after 2 or 3 change oil intervals tsaka isabay palit ng MTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

Pinapalitan din ang manual transmission fluid, less frequent nga lang compared to automatic transmission fluid

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Actually there are now so-called maintenance free automatic transmissions wherein fluid changes are not required and there is no transmission fluid dipstick. This is the type of transmission found in our 2011 Santa Fe 6AT. When the need does arise wherein a fluid change is required like being flooded or the like, fluid replacement is a huge pain in the butt.

And then again, fluid changes only cost a few grand per change. For the manual, I've had to replace the Revo's entire clutch assembly after just 55tkms most likely due to being subjected to bumper to bumper city traffic for most of its life. Not to mention the trauma of failing to shift in the middle of the street when it finally gave out...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007