New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 110 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Kapag bumili ako ng gustong gusto ko na kotse M/T bibilihin ko para di magamit misis ko. hehe.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    There are pros and cons to both transmissions and both are good. Before we have both the manual and auto. Sadly the auto gave out after 10years of use. After changing the transmission we sold it and bought a manual coz we don't usually go to mla. but i'm still gonna buy an automatic if given the budget for our next purchase.[emoji4]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm just glad that I live in a generation that afforded me the chance to drive an M/T, maybe before it becomes a minority in about a decade, more or less. It was an extraordinary experience, learning to drive a stick. But you have to move with the times. Most people nowadays have real man-problems that driving from point A to B is just routine.

I love analogies and what comes to my mind is the Internet.

Two decades ago, to be able to connect to the internet, you'll need to understand how TCP/IP works, why 16550 UART serial chipsets were preferred if you use an external modem, or how to properly terminate a 10Base2 coax, etc. Nowadays, everything's plug and play. A nursery student can connect to the WiFi with little parental help. That's I think, where everything is going.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm just glad that I live in a generation that afforded me the chance to drive an M/T, maybe before it becomes a minority in about a decade, more or less. It was an extraordinary experience, learning to drive a stick. But you have to move with the times. Most people nowadays have real man-problems that driving from point A to B is just routine.

I love analogies and what comes to my mind is the Internet.

Two decades ago, to be able to connect to the internet, you'll need to understand how TCP/IP works, why 16550 UART serial chipsets were preferred if you use an external modem, or how to properly terminate a 10Base2 coax, etc. Nowadays, everything's plug and play. A nursery student can connect to the WiFi with little parental help. That's I think, where everything is going.
    Truly, times have changed. Kids of the 70s and 80s have all learned to drive using sticks. AT cars were not that common back then.

Also, how irrelevant encyclopedia sets have become nowadays. They have become collectibles of little use to the kids of the new generation. The free information found in the web have forced these books into retirement overnight.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Para sa akin mas preferred ko ang manual. Nandun kasi yun mas "feel" mo yun sasakyan pag nag drive ka. Added na rin yun lower initial cost ng sasakyan and lower fuel consumption plus maintenance cost.

Sa automatic naman habol ko yun cruise control(kaso hinde lahat ng matic meron) lalo na pag nag long highway drive ako(esp lalo na pag may kasamang accelaration and deceleration control sa sterring wheel). Syempre nandyan na rin medyo mas relaxed ka pag heavy traffic. Plus lalo na pag traffic tapos paakyat sa inclined na road.

Nun time na bumili kami ng sasakyan, nag usap kami ng family at napag-botohan na matic ang kunin(3-1). New drivers lang kasi si misis at mga daughters ko. Bago sila nag driving school eh ako muna nag turo sa kanila gamit yun bagong sasakyan. After a later time nun umalis na ako naunang mag drving school yun panganay ko. Manual yun pinili nya na gamitin sa drving school para daw makita nya yun difference.

She then told me later on na mas preferred na daw nya ang manual.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Para sa akin mas preferred ko ang manual. Nandun kasi yun mas "feel" mo yun sasakyan pag nag drive ka. Added na rin yun lower initial cost ng sasakyan and lower fuel consumption plus maintenance cost.

Sa automatic naman habol ko yun cruise control(kaso hinde lahat ng matic meron) lalo na pag nag long highway drive ako(esp lalo na pag may kasamang accelaration and deceleration control sa sterring wheel). Syempre nandyan na rin medyo mas relaxed ka pag heavy traffic. Plus lalo na pag traffic tapos paakyat sa inclined na road.

Nun time na bumili kami ng sasakyan, nag usap kami ng family at napag-botohan na matic ang kunin(3-1). New drivers lang kasi si misis at mga daughters ko. Bago sila nag driving school eh ako muna nag turo sa kanila gamit yun bagong sasakyan. After a later time nun umalis na ako naunang mag drving school yun panganay ko. Manual yun pinili nya na gamitin sa drving school para daw makita nya yun difference.

She then told me later on na mas preferred na daw nya ang manual.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Truly, times have changed. Kids of the 70s and 80s have all learned to drive using sticks. AT cars were not that common back then.

Also, how irrelevant encyclopedia sets have become nowadays. They have become collectibles of little use to the kids of the new generation. The free information found in the web have forced these books into retirement overnight.
    ^^
    This.
    It's a good thing na meron kami na mumurahin na encyclopedia. Although may katagalan na at hinde updated pero it's fun na meron ka pa rin pwedeng basabasahin. Yun bunso ko one time pinag research ng professor nila. At sinabihan sila nabawal mag research sa internet. They need to find other sources such as books. I'm glad that we had the collection of books kaya meron sya nagamit.

I also remembered the time during my college days nun nakapunta ako sa Thomas Jefferson library para sa isang research. Hinde na lang ako sure if nag exist pa yun library na yun ngayon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

^^
    This.
    It's a good thing na meron kami na mumurahin na encyclopedia. Although may katagalan na at hinde updated pero it's fun na meron ka pa rin pwedeng basabasahin. Yun bunso ko one time pinag research ng professor nila. At sinabihan sila nabawal mag research sa internet. They need to find other sources such as books. I'm glad that we had the collection of books kaya meron sya nagamit.

I also remembered the time during my college days nun nakapunta ako sa Thomas Jefferson library para sa isang research. Hinde na lang ako sure if nag exist pa yun library na yun ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for the info

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

You just have to weigh in the pros and cons and decide for yourself alin ang priorities mo. Most people driving an A/T tanggap na na mas mataas ang cost of ownership nito para makuha nila ang convenience. Well, ganun din naman ang power steering. Babalik ka ba sa mechanical 'pawis' steering para lang wala ka nang mine-maintain na PSF, pump, hose, at steering rack? Sa bagay, sa non-pwered steering, grasa lang ang sagot sa lahat ng problema.. :D Nga lang, maglalakihan mga braso natin.

Ayaw ni mommy o ni ate nun.
    Yung comparson mo masyado malayo.

Yung pawis steering obsolete na yan.

Ang labanan na ngayon power steering fluid type vs electric power steering na . Power steering hindi rin mawawala dahil nasa infancy pa electic power steering.

Dito sa pilipinas ang manual trans malabo maobsolete.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Before M/T...but now I prefer A/T.
    Also when buying a bnew car, most of the time...the A/T variant gets the "additional goodies".

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Depende yan sa convinience ng gagamit. May driver kasi na mas ok sa kanya ang A/T than M/T. Its up to you kung saan ka mas makakapg-drive ng maayos.