New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    For several months, I had to drive 3-5 hours a day ferrying the kids to and from school. With this extreme situation, I was thankful I had an A/T vehicle to cope with it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MT for long drive and AT for city driving

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    We used to have only manual vehicles, particularly because my parents love to drive and swear by how much more fuel efficient they are. RAV4, Altis, i10, Corolla, Civic, etc. But as we got older and traffic got even more worse we eventually decided on automatics. All our cars are automatic now. Sure, it may use more fuel and reduces driver involvement (aka the fun). But when your left leg is tired from playing with the clutch for hours in traffic and you encounter a slope, an automatic is what you'd wish for. We don't mind the added fuel consumption because it's convenient. Also, automatics today are very fuel efficient if you have good driving habits (i.e. not accelerating too quickly and then braking too hard, shifting to neutral during an incline). Besides, if one worries too much the financial implication of gas, should they be really driving a car?

I do still have fun with our AT vehicles though since they have a manual mode (i.e. I can downshift from 6th to 5th or 4th gear on the highway), albeit no clutch. If I'd get an MT car again, it would probably be a light sports coupe. I had a lot of fun with my i10 because it's so light and the engine was preppy. Was very easy to drive for extended periods even if it was a manual.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First car ko is manual but i now drive an automatic. Grabe na kasi ang traffic kahit dito sa probinsya. Basta hinay-hinay lang sa accelerator at well maintained ang sasakyan, medyo matipid pa rin sa gas. My current drive is 23 yrs old and average fuel consumption ranges from 9 to 10km/L.

OT:
    If I want a manual, I'd just swing a leg (on my motorcycle) hehehe. I can rev it up to redline without feeling guilty dahil 40km/L consumption nito. It's not a bigbike pero ilang kembot lang sa kurbada ok na ako.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Driving an AT for more than a decade and now I want to switch to manual to have fun. Is the MT still advisable for a 20km (balikan) daily drive? Route is usually Ortigas Pasig to Cainta/Taytay.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    If provincial drive, I would choose stick shift, if 99% of the time will be city driving, then I'll go automatic. Metro Manila traffic is just ridiculous.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dito sa metro dapat talaga AT kasi sa traffik

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I heard AT is now cheaper to maintain vs MT given the technology.
    they say almost maintenance free na ang AT. ATF lng kelangan bantayan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonseclaire View Post
    I heard AT is now cheaper to maintain vs MT given the technology.
    they say almost maintenance free na ang AT. ATF lng kelangan bantayan.
    perhaps that is what the auto salespeople want us to think... but...
    i think MT is still cheaper to maintain. and ATF is not exactly dirt-cheap... in my opinion, it is hideously expensive!
    AT does require a more religious ATF replacement schedule, lest it turn and bite us...
    only once in my whole life did i have to replace my MT oil.. when i drove at the height of ondoy so's my family can go home.. the trans oil had turned latte... i had it replaced, and until today, i have not experienced any sort of transmission problem from it.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 11th, 2015 at 02:14 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    AT for city drive - para hindi pagod pag traffic.
    MT for long drive - nakaka antok ang AT sa long drive as per my experience. also, fuel efficient din compared AT.