New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 158 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Mga boss tlga bang mas malakas sa gas ang auto kesa manual?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    depende sa klase ng AT.

yung mga traditional AT mas malakas sa gas vs manual.

for cvt, AFAIK kapag city driving mas tipid pa rin manual, pero kung highway speed mas fuel efficient na ang CVT. (or halos pareho na)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytamz30 View Post
    Mga boss tlga bang mas malakas sa gas ang auto kesa manual?
    To me I find na malakas sa gas ang mga automatic transmission, kasi more of the models of any brand I have seen has a higher displacement. And less selection of gear shift speed compare to manual transmission. Mostly A/T vehicles has 4-speeds, while M/T vehicles has 5-speeds.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Depende sa tao. Pag sanay ka talaga manual, mas tipid sa gas yun. Pero kung pag di marunong ng tamang shifting, mas malakas pa sa gas ang manual

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Automatic for me. Galing ako sa Manual and hindi nako babalik ulit kahit kelan. Lahat ng puntahan ko traffic. Nakakangawit Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/TBattle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Good day Sir/Maam!

Planning to buy here Avanza 1.3E but still confused if going with Manual or Automatic transmission. Need your expert advise on this one. things to consider are as follow:

1. will be using this mostly in Cavite area. sometimes city (EDSA area) driving like once or twice a week only.
    2. in terms of fuel consumption, which transmission saves better?
    3. when planning for a long drive (like 6-8 hours going north), which transmission is better on this one?
    4. overall difference between fuel consumption between these two transmissions? just seen some articles that nowadays, there's a lot of improvements with matic transmission and there's no huge difference with a manual with regards to this one. is this true for most cars?

As you can see, my most concern here falls on the fuel consumption. but if you already tested these two types, will you recommend a manual or automatic? will be purchasing my first car so don't have any idea yet so need to gather info on this one.

Aprreciate in advance your help and thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Jhay

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    I miss the calf exercise of MT.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    To me I find na malakas sa gas ang mga automatic transmission, kasi more of the models of any brand I have seen has a higher displacement. And less selection of gear shift speed compare to manual transmission. Mostly A/T vehicles has 4-speeds, while M/T vehicles has 5-speeds.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk
    except sa iilan na model karamihan ng auto tranny ay 6 spd e.g. hyundai/kia except sa accent hatch. kahit ang manual 6 spd na rin.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mc241q View Post
    Good day Sir/Maam!

Planning to buy here Avanza 1.3E but still confused if going with Manual or Automatic transmission. Need your expert advise on this one. things to consider are as follow:

1. will be using this mostly in Cavite area. sometimes city (EDSA area) driving like once or twice a week only.
    2. in terms of fuel consumption, which transmission saves better?
    3. when planning for a long drive (like 6-8 hours going north), which transmission is better on this one?
    4. overall difference between fuel consumption between these two transmissions? just seen some articles that nowadays, there's a lot of improvements with matic transmission and there's no huge difference with a manual with regards to this one. is this true for most cars?

As you can see, my most concern here falls on the fuel consumption. but if you already tested these two types, will you recommend a manual or automatic? will be purchasing my first car so don't have any idea yet so need to gather info on this one.

Aprreciate in advance your help and thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Jhay
    1. Even Cavite can get really clogged up sometimes. It will really depend on your tolerance for traffic. I don't have a problem driving a manual even in stop and go traffic, but it can get tiring compared to an automatic especially after several hours of crawling.

2. For an Avanza 1.3, the small engine gets heavily taxed with an automatic compared to a manual, so expect that the MT will be 1-2 km/L more efficient than the AT.

3. If you like being in control and maximizing the power of your car, an MT is better. However, the Avanza isn't really what you'd call a fun car. There's not much difference with an AT since most of the time you'll be in 5th gear anyway.

4. The Avanza doesn't have a particularly advanced transmission - it's only a 4-speed AT and has been used for over a decade now. Still, it's pretty responsive and non-car enthusiasts won't notice any difference with newer ATs.

If I were to get an Avanza as a first car, I'd probably get a manual.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    A/T for traffic congested area