New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 113 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by emarqz View Post
    Hi guys! me and my friend was on a passionate debate on what's the better type of transmission. He plans to buy a new car one in place of his old A/T car. Personally, having driven a car M/T for 5 yrs now, i encouraged him to get a M/T instead of his usual A/T. I haven't driven A/T cars that much, so i really really can't tell the better one objectively. Based on car racing games naman... manual trannys get the better edge, d ba? and i prefer it too. Pros and Cons..., maintenance cost, acceleration.. etc. Love to hear your insights mga pare. I appreciate it!
    Manual nalang po

2. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Bonilla View Post
    MT for me

Yes me too

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by venerzky View Post
    Napansin ko sa AT mas madalas ako sa preno compare sa MT.

Nkaka ngawett yan

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it really is a personal choice.. AT versus MT. fanatics abound on either side. each has pros and cons, and the driver has to prioritize his needs and likes, one way or the other.

but it is common knowledge.. AT demands more maintenance than MT. ordinary MT is more responsive than "ordinary AT".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I actually found it to be the opposite, as my old a/t's only need fluid changes every 40TKm. My m/t's with similar mileage had the clutch slipping at around 80TKm. I sold it before I had to replace the clutch. In contrast, the longest I've gone with an a/t is 300TKm, it still had no slippage. These were both on Nissan (Jatco) transmissions. As long as you change your ATF regularly you should not have a problem. The only thing with a/t's is you can't have as much fun as m/t's. You can't do any launching or drifting shenanigans too much as they will cook your ATF and probably kill our a/t.

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    manual-vs-automatic.jpg

Image Source: Manual or Automatic Transmission... Clear the Dilemma and Buy the One that Suits you Right

First of all if money matters to you and if you claim yourself to be a saver in the said field then Automatic is a big no no. Also, if you are a high speed and racing enthusiast, you will only end up cursing the automatic transmission, as it takes all the controls and fails to provide the much-needed punch, unlike the one provided by manual transmission. If Money is secondary and you prefer luxury and comfort over cash and when your journeys mainly include outer city and highways rides, the manual transmission is a complete waste, here automatic transmissions will give a blissful ride. So it majorly depends on ones need & lifestyle for A/T or M/T.

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by santosjoyce View Post
    manual-vs-automatic.jpg

Image Source: Manual or Automatic Transmission... Clear the Dilemma and Buy the One that Suits you Right

First of all if money matters to you and if you claim yourself to be a saver in the said field then Automatic is a big no no. Also, if you are a high speed and racing enthusiast, you will only end up cursing the automatic transmission, as it takes all the controls and fails to provide the much-needed punch, unlike the one provided by manual transmission. If Money is secondary and you prefer luxury and comfort over cash and when your journeys mainly include outer city and highways rides, the manual transmission is a complete waste, here automatic transmissions will give a blissful ride. So it majorly depends on ones need & lifestyle for A/T or M/T.
    Sir if im buying a 2nd hand car na AT year 2010. Sobrang taas ba ng gastos? I mean sa gas and maintenance side? nasabihan kasi ako ng tropa ko dito na manual nalang ako para d magastos.

since nabasa ko yung last part ng sinabi mo sir, money is secondary for me mas ok ang comfort sakin. I'm a newbie driver btw. kakatapos lang mg driving lessons 10 hrs manual. Kung hindi naman ganon kataas like x2 ng gastos ang AT kesa manual like sa gas, i can live with it.

worry lang ako is sabi nila sobrang gastos ng AT lalo na sa repair kung natyambahan ako na ang kukunin ko ay may sira like sa computer box, etc. Will this happen or mdali lng malalaman ng mekaniko yung problem ng AT bago bilhin? Ano ba yun dapat maiwasan na tlagang mapapagastos ako sa AT. binabasa ko tong thread but d ko masyado nkikita tong tanong ko or d ko pa sya nababasa.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sorry kung medyo tamad ako mag backread. what are the similarities and differences ng conventional A/T and CVT? (aside from they shift the gears automatically)

kasi may napansin akong comments sa FB na mas OK ang A/t kaysa sa CVT.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap13 View Post
    Sir if im buying a 2nd hand car na AT year 2010. Sobrang taas ba ng gastos? I mean sa gas and maintenance side? nasabihan kasi ako ng tropa ko dito na manual nalang ako para d magastos.

since nabasa ko yung last part ng sinabi mo sir, money is secondary for me mas ok ang comfort sakin. I'm a newbie driver btw. kakatapos lang mg driving lessons 10 hrs manual. Kung hindi naman ganon kataas like x2 ng gastos ang AT kesa manual like sa gas, i can live with it.

worry lang ako is sabi nila sobrang gastos ng AT lalo na sa repair kung natyambahan ako na ang kukunin ko ay may sira like sa computer box, etc. Will this happen or mdali lng malalaman ng mekaniko yung problem ng AT bago bilhin? Ano ba yun dapat maiwasan na tlagang mapapagastos ako sa AT. binabasa ko tong thread but d ko masyado nkikita tong tanong ko or d ko pa sya nababasa.
    Base on my expereince owning an automatic transmission and a manual ay hindi nagkakalayo sa maintainance minsan nga mas mahal imaintain yung manual.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Base on my expereince owning an automatic transmission and a manual ay hindi nagkakalayo sa maintainance minsan nga mas mahal imaintain yung manual.
    I agree. Old school thinking na yan. Ngayon hindi na ganyan