New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    4L30E is a GM tranny but understand that some BMW 5 series are using the same. Know of any good mechanic - one who knows how and understands auto tranny ?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You'll be hard pressed to find one here in RP...

But dont ever go to Automatic Transmission Master along Visayas Avenue...first thing they'll recommend is to overhaul your A/T (without doing a comprehensive diagnosis), and charge you an arm and a leg for it...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    after last sunday nung nangyari ang incident about my a/t hindi pa nauulit uli, sana hindi na bumalik, its pretty expensive to repair an a/t pa naman

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    it happened again a while ago, while im reversing ok naman, tapos when i put it in D parang may kalso sa gulong, so nilagpasan ko "D" and deretso sa "2" pero ganun parin. Nung piniga ko mabuti accelerator umabante kaso when i release the gas pedal hinto rin siya. tingin ko stuck up ang brakes, pero its weird dahil pag reverse ako wala namang problema, pag forward lang.sa brakes kaya ito?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to check the brakes as the caliper may be sticking. Same thing happened to my Frontier before and i had to overhaul the calipers.

BTW, if you want to change all the fluid in the ATF (since the regular drain and change only changes what's in the tranny and not in the torque converter), try the Transtech at Autotechnika... we did it to our old Corona and it was worth it. ;) Nawala din yung shift shock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    BTW, if you want to change all the fluid in the ATF (since the regular drain and change only changes what's in the tranny and not in the torque converter), try the Transtech at Autotechnika... we did it to our old Corona and it was worth it. ;) Nawala din yung shift shock.
    Nawala ba ang shift shock dahil kaunti or sobra dati ang ATF? Or luma lang ang ATF nun? Kasi sa Crosswind ko, malakas ang shift shock niya in the morning (first shift from overnight), pero pag warmed up na ang transmission, may shift shock pa din pero lessened na (normal).

Gusto ko pa-adjust sa Casa kaso ayaw nila galawin kasi baka daw lumala. Nung ganun ang sinabi di na ako nagpumilit kasi parang di nga nila alam gawin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I feel it was more of a case of the ATF being sooo friggin old as the previous owner didnt bother to change it... as i mentioned on the Autotechnika thread, we used up 24L of ATF to get it to clinically clean readings. It got rid of the shift shock I would experience after suddenly releasing/flicking the gas pedal at a mid to high RPM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ano ba klase ng atf para sa everest? i tried looking at the manual and walang nakasulat dun. dexron 2 ba o dexron 3? and ilan ang capacity sa isang atf change? halos lahat yata ng capacity nakasulat dun sa manual except yung atf quantity and kind of atf

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    did i tell you to change the fluid? anyway since 36k lang ang mileage just drain and fill lang ang gawin mo(no need for flushing)and don't forget to drop the pan, remember to torque it right kung hindi mag leak ang oil pan mo.kung wala sa owner's manual try mo sa dipstick or tanong mo sa dealership.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    most auto trannies will have between 6-10 liters total capacity. about half will be in the torque converter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
help on a/t