New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    er sir i'm not sure exactly how accurately i can describe it but it looked like its under the belts area a little off to the right from dead center. the mechanic had a hard time trying to unscrew the filter because its too tight, he said he can't just hammer away forcibly so as not to damage the filter housing... very careful indeed. just as SG mentioned its an element type of filter.
    Was it like this? I'd want to check it out and see if a standard oil filter would still fit if you remove the element and it's canister/cover.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Was it like this? I'd want to check it out and see if a standard oil filter would still fit if you remove the element and it's canister/cover.

actually chief i don't think a standard oil filter would fit into this new one. the housing itself is a bit bigger and sort of a decagon shaped hard plastic with the element inside. this one's different. when it was screwed in place i initially thought it was part of the block itself, what gave it away was that it's colored black.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    actually chief i don't think a standard oil filter would fit into this new one. the housing itself is a bit bigger and sort of a decagon shaped hard plastic with the element inside. this one's different. when it was screwed in place i initially thought it was part of the block itself, what gave it away was that it's colored black.

oh well. Looks like were really stuck with OEM toyota filter elements for now given that set-up.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guys have any of you experienced hearing a squeaking sound when turning the steering wheel?

I noticed it 2 weeks ago, but I thought it'd go away. Just this weekend, I started hearing it again. I have no idea what it is, though the steering works perfectly fine.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Guys have any of you experienced hearing a squeaking sound when turning the steering wheel?

I noticed it 2 weeks ago, but I thought it'd go away. Just this weekend, I started hearing it again. I have no idea what it is, though the steering works perfectly fine.
    I've been experiencing this for quite some time now. But its on and off...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

ito ba yung "tok" na sound everytime you make a big turn?

if yes, before meron din ang kotse ko (2010 1.6V) na ganung "tok" sound during turns, pina-check namin sa casa, papalitan daw yung driving shaft. na-claim namin under warranty.

sabi ng SA na nakausap ko, sakit daw talaga ng mga naka-EPS yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Meron din ako squeaking sound sa steering wheel before,mukhang nawala nung last visit sa casa.

Paid P 4.7k for the 20k kms check-up. Naayos din yung mga pinaayos: steering wheel squeak, rattle sa likod, trunk release switch...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yup on and off din. Akala ko nung una nagooverheat yung EPS motor since I first heard it after being stuck in traffic for over an hour. But recently kahit short drives.

Hopefully nothing mechanically critical.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Meron din ako squeaking sound sa steering wheel before,mukhang nawala nung last visit sa casa.

Paid P 4.7k for the 20k kms check-up. Naayos din yung mga pinaayos: steering wheel squeak, rattle sa likod, trunk release switch...
    Had the trunk problem before, then they fixed it. When I had my rear bumper painted, parang di maganda yung pagka-align, so if you don't shut the trunk with enough force, it doesn't lock. If you somehow manage to close it without much force, di bubukas using the trunk release lever.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Approaching 60,000 kms on my 10th Gen ZZ. So far so good. no steering wheel squeaks. no toks nor thuds. still drives like new. may konting mga vibrations lang sa mga windows on rough roads, sign of natural ageing I guess. comfort still maintained. aircon can still freeze my balls. reasonable maintenance costs kahit sa casa. my loyal everyday workhorse car.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]