New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 218 of 357 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by intellution View Post
    planning to upgrade my filter to K&N, anybody knows the proper part number? the 2010 altis doesn't show on the K&N website
    Try to check if the ZR engine on the 2011 to present Gen 10.5 Altis has the same filter as the Gen 10 zz engine. If so, then the K&N part number is 33-260 for the drop-in.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    thanks vinj for the quick reply...upon checking the toyodiy.com site confirmed that the ZRE and ZZE have the same filter. K&N part number is 33-2360

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Decarbonization is not needed.

Try to check the owner's manual for the ATF type (Toyota type???). You can also just buy it over the counter at the parts section of the dealer (that's what i did for the family Camry).
    Manual says toyota atf ws. But the SA toyota commonwealth doesn't know what type is in our altis. I tried asking and he's giving me a BS na malalaman daw kapag nilift yung kotse. I read somewhere na though its written in our manual na WS. dexron IV lang daw ang nakalagay sa atf ng altis. Here's where my dilemma comes. I quoted for 40k pms. First quote doesn't show me an atf change. I re-quoted again after several weeks on the same CASA. may atf change naman naka lagay. So which is which. Thats why im asking for what type because afaik toyota atf ws doesn't need to be changed every 40k. Besides mahal din ang toyota atf ws, 2,250php/2.5liters.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ I checked online and WS is the fully-synthetic, "lifetime fluid" that toyota has been pushing. Part number is 08886-02305.

LSB was also complaining about this on his Vios also because any self respecting car guy will not feel at ease without changing his ATF during the times he feels it should be changed (or as specified). I myself had a not-so-great experience with a BMW E36 before when i was told by the SA at BMW that there was no need to change the ATF; "lifetime" daw. A few months later, the tranny failed and a post mortem showed that there was some water contamination; something an ATF flush could have saved.

From what i gather, the press release is that WS is not similar in spec to the mineral based T-IV. However, some owners using a Toyota Tundra in the US have switched to another oil and so far reported that their transmissions were running fine. Whether we would try it or not, I will have to experience it firsthand with another car before doing the plunge on mine. One thing to consider though is that given that the Gen 10 Altis is a 4-speed and is using the ZZ engine similar to the 9th Gen Corolla, i'm thinking that the T-IV transmission fluid is still compatible.

If you confirm though that the WS is what's used in your car, and your car is driven normally with no towing or carrying of heavy loads, and it doesn't ford deep floods, then you can consider extending your ATF drain interval (i.e. instead of draining at 40,000kms, change it at 80,000kms). Then you change using the Toyota WS. Even if you pay more, at least the intervals are longer.

Here are some tidbits that can probably help since it shows the transmission codes and you can try to match it up with the one on your Altis: (from G6 Automobile - Products & Equipments)

TOYOTA AUTO FLUID TYPE T-IV

Category: Transmission Fluid.
    Type: Partially-Synthetic Part No: 08886-01705
    Packing: steel can, 4L

Genuine automatic transmission fluid specially formulated by Toyota Corporation for vehicles with slip control transmissions. Since July 1999 replaced ATF D-II in most models, previously using Dexron-II.

[-Show Less-]

Transmission Codes:
    A-series: A243F*, A245E*, A246E*, A247E*, A248E*/F, A340E*/H, A341E/H, A342E, A343E/F**, A541E, A650E, A750F***, A860E, A861E, A42DE, A44DE*, A44DF*, A4B-D, A4Q-D1, A4R, A4R-D1, A45DE*, A47DE.
    U-series: U140E/F, U150E, U151E/F, U240E, U241E, U340E/F, U341E/F, U441E/F.
    P-series: P110, P111
    Q-series: Q210

* For transmission types A243F, A245E, A246E, 247E, A248E, A340E, A44DF, A44DE, A45DE built before July 1999, use Toyota ATF D-II
    ** For transmission types A343E/F, built before July 2000, use Toyota ATF D-II
    *** For transmission type A750F, built after August 2003, use Toyota ATF WS.

TOYOTA AUTO FLUID WS

Category: Transmission Fluid.
    Part No: 08886-02305
    Packing: steel can, 4L

Genuine automatic transmission fluid specially formulated by Toyota Corporation for vehicles with slip control transmissions which can lock up at low and medium speed. These are mostly 6-speed, sometimes 5-speed automatic transmissions and automatic transaxels widely used by Toyota in large sedans, SUVs and hybrid models since 2005.

[-Show Less-]

Transmission Codes:
    A750H/F*, A760E, A761E/H, A960E, U151E/F**, U250E, U341E, U660E/F, P112, P310, Q211, L110

* For transmission type A750F mounted on Land Cruiser-100 built before August 2003, use Toyota ATF Type T-IV.
    ** For transmission types U151E/F built before August 2003, use Toyota ATF Type T-IV.

Complete Model Application:
    Lexus LS: UVF45, UVF46, USF40, USF41, USF45, USF46.
    Lexus GS: GWS191, URS190, UZS190, GRS191, GRS196
    Lexus HS: ANF10
    Lexus IS: GSE20, GSE21, GSE25, USE20
    Lexus RX: GYL15W, GYL16W, GGL10W, GGL15W, GGL16W
    Lexus SC: UZZ40
    Alphard: GGH20W, GGH25W
    Blade: GRE156H
    Camry: ACV40, ACV45
    Celsior: UCF30, UCF31 (2003.5--)
    Century: GZG50 (2005.1--)
    Crown: GWS204, GRS204, GRS202, GRS200, GRS203, GRS201, GRS184, GRS182, GRS180, GRS183, GRS181
    Crown Majesta: UZS186, UZS187, URS206, UZS207
    Estima: GSR55W, AHR20W
    Harrier: GSU30W, GSU31W, GSU35W, GSU36W, MHU38W
    Hilux Surf: GRN215W
    Kluger: MHU28W
    Land Cruiser-100 (2003.8--): UZJ100W, HDJ101K
    Land Cruiser-200: UZJ200W, URJ202W
    Land Cruiser Prado: GRJ120W, GRJ121W
    Mark X: GRX120, GRX121, GRX125
    Mark X Zio: GGA10
    Prius: NHW30, ZVW30
    Ractis: NCP105
    Vanguard: GSA33W
    Wellfire: GGH20W, GGH25W

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myuushiyk View Post
    Hello Good Sirs. As you can see, based on my post count, I'm a newbie here sa forums but a longtime lurker. I would just like to ask for your advice. I'm currently a first year Med student, on the hunt for a new Sedan that I can use at least until my early career as a doctor (God willing) from four options, I narrowed it down to 2. And it's just between the incoming 11th generation of the Altis, and the current (10th gen) one.

As a med student, I have no means of earning yet, meaning the car will be sponsored by dear parents, which is the reason why Im actually thinking about settling for the current generation even though I am well aware of the impending release of the 11th gen. I guess financing it is not really a problem (although hindi cash basis yung pag purchase) but somehow you cant feel really confident about making a choice kung hindi sayo yung pera diba, sayang parin yung 100k difference :D

I have a few questions to ask.

Based on the past few model releases, is there really a significant price difference between the old generation and the incoming new generation of the altis?
    Will the downpayment schemes also be flexible as low as 150k+ perhaps?
    Is it a bad idea to buy the 10th generation at this point in time, where the next gen could be just 2-3 months away?
    Is it possible for the next generation altis to be released before the year ends (December)? Or should there at least be multiple hints going on right now if it were to be released next month?

Thank you so much in advance.
    Unless you have already purchased a new unit, I have an Altis G with odometer of only 4,000 and very nice improvements. Im sure you will save a lot if your parents will be practical. Im not keen on selling it but if the buyer's price is reasonable, why not? Just pm me

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi Toyota fans,

I'm a newbie here and I just have a question. My Altis 10.5 Gen is just 2 days ago. I observed that it is much noisier compared to my City. When I was in Cavitex this morning, I was beside 2 jeepneys, I thought that one of the windows was open, but upon checking, they are tightly closed.

How can we improve the insulation of the new Altis to reduce the noise from outside?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Litz466 View Post
    Hi Toyota fans,

I'm a newbie here and I just have a question. My Altis 10.5 Gen is just 2 days ago. I observed that it is much noisier compared to my City. When I was in Cavitex this morning, I was beside 2 jeepneys, I thought that one of the windows was open, but upon checking, they are tightly closed.

How can we improve the insulation of the new Altis to reduce the noise from outside?

Thanks!
    No bias, but the altis' insulation is good enough for me. Most of the time my passenger and I just mumble our conversation and we can still hear each other on the road. :p Nonetheless, how about sound deadeners?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    No bias, but the altis' insulation is good enough for me. Most of the time my passenger and I just mumble our conversation and we can still hear each other on the road. :p Nonetheless, how about sound deadeners?
    +1 on sound deadeners

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myuushiyk View Post
    Hello Good Sirs. As you can see, based on my post count, I'm a newbie here sa forums but a longtime lurker. I would just like to ask for your advice. I'm currently a first year Med student, on the hunt for a new Sedan that I can use at least until my early career as a doctor (God willing) from four options, I narrowed it down to 2. And it's just between the incoming 11th generation of the Altis, and the current (10th gen) one.

As a med student, I have no means of earning yet, meaning the car will be sponsored by dear parents, which is the reason why Im actually thinking about settling for the current generation even though I am well aware of the impending release of the 11th gen. I guess financing it is not really a problem (although hindi cash basis yung pag purchase) but somehow you cant feel really confident about making a choice kung hindi sayo yung pera diba, sayang parin yung 100k difference :D

I have a few questions to ask.

Based on the past few model releases, is there really a significant price difference between the old generation and the incoming new generation of the altis?
    Will the downpayment schemes also be flexible as low as 150k+ perhaps?
    Is it a bad idea to buy the 10th generation at this point in time, where the next gen could be just 2-3 months away?
    Is it possible for the next generation altis to be released before the year ends (December)? Or should there at least be multiple hints going on right now if it were to be released next month?

Thank you so much in advance.
    If it's not paid in up-front cash, I will tell you to be frugal. That's all there is to it.

Will there be a significant price difference? I believe the new one will be more expensive marginally -- just to keep up with inflation.

Will the downpayment schemes also be flexible as low as 150k+ perhaps? If you need to DP that big, I simply hope the payback period is short. If it isn't, drop down a lower-class -- the Vios is still a great car.

Is it a bad idea to buy the 10th generation at this point in time, where the next gen could be just 2-3 months away? Jeff Bezos always says that looking at a problem at another perspective is an additional 80 IQ points. This depends on people's perception but you can use this information (the phasing out) as additional leverage for better discounts on purchase whether it be firsthand or secondhand purchase.

Is it possible for the next generation Altis to be released before the year ends (December)? I won't rule that out but it remains highly improbable. Usually sa next fiscal year na nila yan i-rerelease.. it's less of a headache when self-auditing yourself as a business if you divide revenues on a per-vehicle class basis.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Litz466 View Post
    Hi Toyota fans,

Thanks!
    Hop on to another Altis and notice if the NVH levels are the same. If it isn't, then you might have a "hole" where outside noise comes through the cabin.

Unfortunately, insulation isn't just a one-trick pony and it's expensive as an endeavor. Best to simply "go up a class" if you're seeking better NVH levels because NVH control starts at the very chassis and how the vehicle is constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    A sound deadener's primary purpose isn't to deaden sound really. It's to lower a panel's resonant frequency (for those into car audio) so it rattles at a lower and less offensive frequency. The magic in NVH insulation is that you need to create a "bubble" to isolate the cabin from the outside world. MLV deadeners may marginally help by plugging in "holes" and absorbing a certain amount of noise, but don't expect drastic changes. But in the event you really want to go this route, you deaden three key areas: the firewall, the floor, and the tire walls.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]