New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 224 of 357 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ I checked online and WS is the fully-synthetic, "lifetime fluid" that toyota has been pushing. Part number is 08886-02305.

LSB was also complaining about this on his Vios also because any self respecting car guy will not feel at ease without changing his ATF during the times he feels it should be changed (or as specified). I myself had a not-so-great experience with a BMW E36 before when i was told by the SA at BMW that there was no need to change the ATF; "lifetime" daw. A few months later, the tranny failed and a post mortem showed that there was some water contamination; something an ATF flush could have saved.

From what i gather, the press release is that WS is not similar in spec to the mineral based T-IV. However, some owners using a Toyota Tundra in the US have switched to another oil and so far reported that their transmissions were running fine. Whether we would try it or not, I will have to experience it firsthand with another car before doing the plunge on mine. One thing to consider though is that given that the Gen 10 Altis is a 4-speed and is using the ZZ engine similar to the 9th Gen Corolla, i'm thinking that the T-IV transmission fluid is still compatible.

If you confirm though that the WS is what's used in your car, and your car is driven normally with no towing or carrying of heavy loads, and it doesn't ford deep floods, then you can consider extending your ATF drain interval (i.e. instead of draining at 40,000kms, change it at 80,000kms). Then you change using the Toyota WS. Even if you pay more, at least the intervals are longer.

Here are some tidbits that can probably help since it shows the transmission codes and you can try to match it up with the one on your Altis: (from G6 Automobile - Products & Equipments)
    Found my answer already. The 10th gen altis 1.8 uses a WS fluid. It's written in the atf dipstick btw.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re. the caliper noise of the Altis. I'm thinking of changing the caliper pins as i inquired at Toyota and they cost roughly P200++ each (less than P300).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I saw the all new Toyota Corolla at a mall display in ATC. It had aero body add-ons (or is it stock?). It looks good, and "very-euro" ....

I wonder if Toyota will go all out and stuff a V6 Camry engine in there.

Wicked .......... :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi guys, wala po ba talagang cover yun sa may trunk (yun sa may pinaglalagyan ng rear lights, sorry di ko alam yun tawag) ng altis natin? First time ko kasi to mapansin na open siya since nabili ko yun sasakyan since 2012 pa. Thanks.

capture.jpg

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Hi guys, wala po ba talagang cover yun sa may trunk (yun sa may pinaglalagyan ng rear lights, sorry di ko alam yun tawag) ng altis natin? First time ko kasi to mapansin na open siya since nabili ko yun sasakyan since 2012 pa. Thanks.

capture.jpg
    it depends on the variant. i think the covers is only available on the V.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    it depends on the variant. i think the covers is only available on the V.
    Thanks for the reply sir. Ah I see, mine is G variant. Hope someone who has the same variant as mine can verify this. Parang naweirduhan lang talaga ko na ngayon ko lang siya napansin.

Any idea kung anu yun tawag dun sa cover?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Re. the caliper noise of the Altis. I'm thinking of changing the caliper pins as i inquired at Toyota and they cost roughly P200++ each (less than P300).
    Sir vinj, eto ba when you step on the brakes may maririnig kang "tok" even inside the cabin with windows closed?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Thanks for the reply sir. Ah I see, mine is G variant. Hope someone who has the same variant as mine can verify this. Parang naweirduhan lang talaga ko na ngayon ko lang siya napansin.

Any idea kung anu yun tawag dun sa cover?
    Mine is a 10th gen V variant. I have one. It's just a trunk insulator. It's made of polycarbonated like plastic then wrapped with a thin layer carpet finish as same as the trunk if thats what you want to know.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A little OT, but how do I compute for gas consumption when the car is idling?

For our Gen 10, how much litres would it consume idling for 30 minutes?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by timykoo View Post
    Sir vinj, eto ba when you step on the brakes may maririnig kang "tok" even inside the cabin with windows closed?
    That's the noise. It's a common problem with the Gen10/10.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    A little OT, but how do I compute for gas consumption when the car is idling?

For our Gen 10, how much litres would it consume idling for 30 minutes?
    The only way to do so is tank up at the gas station. Park. Idle for 30 mins then tank up again.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]