New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quan2boy View Post
    saipeme - congrats sa new ride ni wifey mo pare. Bait mo naman. Ako rin I bought the 1.6V for my wife pero nung nagamit ko, di ko na sinoli hehe...sabi ko, palit na lang kami hehe
    yong sa akin ndi ko pwede ipalit ndi daw bagay sa kanya yong innova mas bagay yong altis...we went to subic yesterday dala namin altis for break in na din pati from nlex we pass to sctex ganda nang view sa sctex the breeze sariwa talaga, so far ok naman walang problema galing ng break ng altis solid na solid... i would say the driving comfort is not far compare to innova but of course mas versatile i drive ang kotse mas maliksi ika nga...

me and my wifey:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Wow perfect combination talaga Innova at Altis , I'm thinking also of getting one at least the AT variant maybe Two years more pa . Now I'd rather stick to TOYOTA kaya d naman totallty nag sisi ako sa Getz ko only for my FC otherwise No for Korean again

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Dito sa amin sa CDO, standard na ang altis na taxi. That's why when the latest Altis model came, I thought hmmm.... meron kayang gumawang taxi nito. Then in about a month, meron na talagang taxi. Now, it's an ordinary scene na na may 2008 Altis taxi.

It somehow diminished my high regard for this particular model; however, I became more and more proud of our local taxi business. Well, it just shows that Rollas are reliable and dependable vehicles... kudos!!

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    http://blogs.inquirer.net/roadtrip/2...ltis/#more-116

But with a slight difference: whereas the 1.8-liter 2004 Corolla Altis packed 147 PS/6,000 rpm, the latest 1.8-liter’s horsepower has been reduced to 132 PS/6,000 rpm to comply with Euro 3 emission standards. Max torque is now 170 Nm/4,200 rpm compared to 188 Nm/4,200 rpm in the outgoing model.
    This is really disappointing. The "extra" weight coupled with the "detuned" (IZZ-FE - 1.8 li) will likely make for a laborous prodding of the Altis from a stand still.

Looks like, even the (3ZZ-FE - 1.6 li) has been detuned as well. It previously had an output of [ 116 HP (118 PS) / 6,000 rpm ] and torque of [ 160 Nm (16.3 kg-m) / 4,400 rpm ] . Now, it is rated [ (109 PS) / 6,000 rpm ] and [ 145 Nm / 4,400 rpm ] .

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    http://blogs.inquirer.net/roadtrip/2...ltis/#more-116

But with a slight difference: whereas the 1.8-liter 2004 Corolla Altis packed 147 PS/6,000 rpm, the latest 1.8-liter’s horsepower has been reduced to 132 PS/6,000 rpm to comply with Euro 3 emission standards. Max torque is now 170 Nm/4,200 rpm compared to 188 Nm/4,200 rpm in the outgoing model.
    This is really disappointing. The "extra" weight coupled with the "detuned" (IZZ-FE - 1.8 li) will likely make for a laborous prodding of the Altis from a stand still.

Looks like, even the (3ZZ-FE - 1.6 li) has been detuned as well. It previously had an output of [ 116 HP (118 PS) / 6,000 rpm ] and torque of [ 160 Nm (16.3 kg-m) / 4,400 rpm ] . Now, it is rated [ (109 PS) / 6,000 rpm ] and [ 145 Nm / 4,400 rpm ] .
    The 1.8 hasn't lost power, it's gained some.

The sad truth is, Toyota Motors Philippines' marketing department has been overstating the Corolla's power level for quite some time. The 1.8 engine made 126 the world over. It's only in the Philippines that the marketing department claims "145".

So the Corolla hasn't lost power, it's actually gained 5 horses. It's easy to miss this if you only go by local promotional material... but for those of us who 're sports compact fans with intimate knowledge of the car's specs, we've been grumbling about this deception for some time now.

As for the 1.6, you won't feel a lack of power unless you're on the highway. It accelerates faster than a Mazda3 1.6 or Optra 1.6. Darn near as quick as an old Corolla or Civic 1.6 due to the light body.

Yup. Despite the extra weight, the Corolla is still the lightest in its class... excepting for the old-design Lancer 1.6. And that makes it decently quick and pretty fuel efficient. Still wouldn't buy one, though... don't like it.

----

Don't fall for the marketing hype... oh, wait... it's Toyota that hurt itself with the hype... by overstating previously, now it seems like their engines are losing power, when they're actually making more.
    Last edited by niky; June 6th, 2008 at 10:42 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    syang di nilagay ng Toyota ang new engine sa new body na altis

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^For me it was the deal breaker... Kung yung bagong engine nilagay (the ones na katulad sa US) it would have been competitive with the Lancer and Civic but alas we are stuck with it for another 5-6 years...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Kahit pala maraming asar sa New Altis ay marami pa ring bumibili.
    My wifey got her new 1.6V Altis just yesterday afternoon from Toyota Pasong Tamo. 10pm na last night ayaw pang iwanan sa garage yung new baby nya Kaninang umaga naman, daming uzi sa village namin habang nagte-test drive ako

OT: Pansin ko lang po: bakit puro wifey yata ang may gusto ng new Altis?

Article is taken from Mortioncars!
    New Corolla Altis dominates
    compact car segment
    Uploaded 06.03.2008

The All new Toyota Corolla Altis dominated the compact small passenger car market in April based on the reports of the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines, Inc. (CAMPI). The Altis registered sales of 657 units last month, making it the leader in the small passenger compact segment with 42.6 percent market share. On a year-to-date basis, Toyota sold 1,257 units of the Altis since its introduction in March this year.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Guys can you post your FC for the new Altis.... Mine is at 10-12kpl for city driving and 11-14 kpl for highway driving. Also, can you post your mods for your new ride...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I am doing around 11km per liter city driving with my 1.6G Manual.

This past weekend, I drove my Altis to Subic and I was doing about 14.5km per liter until I drove very, very hard at the SCTEX and my average consumption dropped to 12km per liter

I have changed my wheels and tires to 215x45x17.

Finding an after market wheels for the Altis that is to your liking and budget is quite a chore as the bolt pattern is PCD 100. Most after market wheels are 5x114. So I had to settle for a set of Rota Burnout with polished lip/gun metal.

Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast