Sep 2008
    pareho lang ba rims sa lahat ng variants ng altis? latest model po

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VDE View Post
    pareho lang ba rims sa lahat ng variants ng altis? latest model po
    205 / 55 R16 - for 1.8V and 1.6V

195 / 65 R15 - for 1.6 G and 1.6E

Different rim and tire sizes, as well as different wheel designs.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post
    *d_9,
    Buy ka na ng Altis, just got mine 1.6V AT last month.
    Average FC, all aircon ON;
    City - 10km/l
    H-way- 14 km/l

*UUE213,
    Pre, gara ng skirts mo, nakakainggit!!!

Currently, satisfied ako sa new Altis ko, style, comfort at ride.
    Sluggishness,...I think hindi naman kasi as I tried to overtake OK naman sya. At 100kph, lagpas lang ng kaunti sa 2.0K rpm, this as I remember ng tinakbo ko sa long drive sa SCTEx.

Hello Drex,

Thanks, mag pa skirts ka na rin total may formula na sila sa color kaya madali nalang mag paint, exact same car naman tayo.
    Kita kits next month pag uwi natin pareho.

ganun din ako, 10 km per liter City driving with AC on
    sa highway nakaka 17 km per liter ako kaso hanggang 90 lang max speed ko. I'm sure kaya ko pang ma-improve yun.

Also very satisfied with the style, comfort and ride and no power / slugishness issues. I also want to praise the quietness of the ride even at high speeds.

sirfstar,
    thanks for the tip/link
    http://www.tradesolution.hk/e/produc...RBT71H5&page=2

Tempting because it is half the price Toyota casa is asking.....

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentanaka View Post
    Wow! Ang ganda… bagay sa kanya… I’m decided already to buy a civic until I saw the new Altis… Sana hindi lang siya gawing taxi. Masisira lang image sayang lang.

Kamusta naman ang performance at FC? Paki bigyan naman ako ng inputs guys. Thanks

Hello Kentanaka,

if they make this a taxi, it will be a rare occurence.
    There are many other brands and models at half the price that are usually made into taxis.

As for your questions, 10 city, 14 highway, but these figures can be improved with some conscious effort to consume less fuel. I have only clocked 960 kms so far but I will update you after an out of town trip.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I've heard na sa CDO taxi na yung 1.6E variant.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    most of the taxis in CDO are Toyota Altis old and new models

7. Join Date
    May 2007

Yup heard that as well.
    I also know for a fact that in Thailand they have a specific variant for taxis as well.
    Obviously the car is very Dependable and Durable for enterprising people to use it as a Taxi albeit the high cost compared to your sub compact.

I don't see the dilemma that some people face about the car being used as a taxi. I've been in Mercedes Benz Taxis and even a Rolls Royce once but it does not discount the value of the vehicle.

774k for the E is still 774k

Just because the car is used as a taxi it does not make the car any cheaper, you will still have to fork out the 774k to buy it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    just posting my FC for mix driving(unit is G M/T)...after trying unleaded i went back to E10 dahil mukhang mas fuel efficient sya using E10 VS Unleaded.
    Unleaded: 490 km/45.1L = 10.9 kpl
    E10: 494 km/41.2 = 12 kpl

regarding sluggishness, i think it has something to do with the car being new. in fact, ang dalas ko mamatayan dati dahil matigas yung clutch kahit nag 5K PMC na ko kaya nasabi ko na underpower sya lalo na from stop. pero ngayun, swabe na kahit with passengers pa. I guess mas magiging ok after my 10K at synthetic na.

altho i would say ok na FC ko, ang doubt ko na lang is normal lang ba na 3K rpm nya at 100kph? sa mga naka 1.6G M/T, ano RPM nyo sa syento (ska 80kph na din)

nga pala, sa mga nakapagpaHID na...saan, magkano damage at ok ba? sabi kasi sa mga forums di daw ok na palitan lang yung bulb dapat buong headlight.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I am pretty excited with the release of my 2008 Altis, hopefully, this week.
    I had a difficult time choosing between a Honda Civic and an Altis, both have outstanding features and good porma, but eventually found the Altis to be more practical in the long run. Since I have owned both a Honda (96 VTEC model) and a Toyota Corolla (97 Corolla) in the past, I would say my better experience in maintaining a Corolla prevailed. The Corolla I owned before was practical and required very little maintenance unlike my Honda which really burned my pockets with expensive Casa repairs when it turned 4.5 years. I just hope that my Altis is as reliable as my old Corolla, considering, I will but stuck with it for the next 5 years.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Congratulations on the purchase of your new Altis!

We are alike in the sense that I too had a 97 VTI AT, it was a very good and reliable car but unfortunately, like you, I experienced the same issues with upkeep.

Post any issues you have or questions regarding your new car and I'm sure that the active Altis owners will gladly answer them.

Enjoy!