New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 163 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to have it checked sa ibang casa.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I had my misery when I had my unit serviced at Toyota Alabang.Terrible place!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks Wildthing,I will

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    I had my misery when I had my unit serviced at Toyota Alabang.Terrible place!
    Toyota Alabang is in fact terrible with their service.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    You have 2 bosses with 2 d4d engines. 2 vehicles does not represent the whole assembly line. To say that you have a 50% chance of getting a bad deal is like saying 50% of the vehicles on the road and due for release will have problems... for example, I have 4 friends with d4d engines and they all have good performance, does that say that 100% of the vehicles are ok? Of course it does not. If we are going to talk abouit percentages it should be factual because buying a car is a big investment and it all should be based on facts. And if ever 50% of the d4d engines have bad performances then it would be too big a deal that Toyota themselves will stop selling. And probably even have a mass recall. 50% is such a big number to be saying lightly.
    Sir, you obviously like your Innova CRDi since it hasn't choked on you (and hopefully it never will). I'm very happy for you. But the numerous complaints about D4D problems registered in this forum, plus my own personal knowledge, leads me to conclude that buying D4D will be a very big gamble. Take note that this conclusion is based on the problems already registered here (and in other car forums) plus my boss' predicament. So yes, I may not have the actual numbers to support my conclusion, but I've read all of the problems registered here and have no doubt that my opinion is justified.

In fact, I was shocked at my boss' predicament since it was a 3.0 D4d, while most of the problems posted on this forum only mentioned the 2.5 D4d. Compared to the Hyundai Sta. Fe, for instance (which, to my knowledge, has had no report of choking or sudden engine failures), D4d's have had too may problems to be ignored. And I am sorry to say that big companies like TMPC can (and I think are) ignore problems like this. Why? They're probably just waiting for the warranties to expire.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Dear Praetorian,

Posting the number of the TMPC president here will help all of those who have
    Toyota concerns which may not have been settled by the outlets.

In behalf of the agrieved toyota users KINDLY ASK THE CELL NUMBER / EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE tmpc president. I do believe in the Japanese culture when it comes to customer service.

Please ask your Boss to share the number here.

salamat,

RVT

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    what is the benefit of having a turbo timer? it is recommended by one of the salesperson dito sa Toyota Davao.

some pls...

thanks.

until now, i'm still contemplating for a diesel or a gas Innova.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    You have 2 bosses with 2 d4d engines. 2 vehicles does not represent the whole assembly line. To say that you have a 50% chance of getting a bad deal is like saying 50% of the vehicles on the road and due for release will have problems... for example, I have 4 friends with d4d engines and they all have good performance, does that say that 100% of the vehicles are ok? Of course it does not. If we are going to talk abouit percentages it should be factual because buying a car is a big investment and it all should be based on facts. And if ever 50% of the d4d engines have bad performances then it would be too big a deal that Toyota themselves will stop selling. And probably even have a mass recall. 50% is such a big number to be saying lightly.
    i big to disagree sir. I used to be an owner of a diesel vehicle with common rail injectors.... trust me....it doesnt mean if most have common problem that they will have recall on it..remember..this is the philippines.

my ride was a trooper..dami problems with troopers fuel injectors..other countries had recalls..but here in the philippines... they didnt bother having recalls eventhough they know there is a problem with that particular model (4jx1)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Dear Praetorian,

Posting the number of the TMPC president here will help all of those who have
    Toyota concerns which may not have been settled by the outlets.

In behalf of the agrieved toyota users KINDLY ASK THE CELL NUMBER / EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE tmpc president. I do believe in the Japanese culture when it comes to customer service.

Please ask your Boss to share the number here.

salamat,

RVT
    Dude, i think it is a sensitive issue on posting private contact information of a person on a public forums especially if it is a personal acquaintance of someone and he himself is an unwitting party. I myself have been active in various forums for several years and i still take caution in posting private contact info. Perhaps the next best thing to forward such valid concerns to him if all standard procedures have been exhausted. I myself have personal connections with several car companies but i only approach them if i have exhausted all the usual means on concerns/problems with a car.

Going back to the topic, i have two relatives who have D4D Innovas ('05 and early '06 models). One had choking and hard start problems (the '06 model) while the other one didnt have any problems. We might be getting a 2nd hand Innova D4D (a late '05 J model); i hope it holds out well.

My uncle also had a busted shock on his Innova...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Choking problem is often traceable to a faulty Common Rail Pump due to corrosion / "WIF" water in fuel.

We have service capability for Bosch and Denso diesel common rail pumps. Toyota uses Denso, and most Hyundai use bosch systems.

If your car is under warranty, bring it to any Toyota service dealer for possible pump repair / replacement. If it is not a justified warranty claim, we can definitely help you.

Visit threads at "Diesel Fuel Injection Help Desk" at Tsikot Workshop Forums.

Bye,

Dieseldude

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)