New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 163 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    only 3.0 D4d has a catalytic converter installed, wala sa 2.5 D4d as per my Sales Rep.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crayz View Post
    only 3.0 D4d has a catalytic converter installed, wala sa 2.5 D4d as per my Sales Rep.
    Go back to your sales representative and tell him/her that it was a misinformation.

Read this thread HELP!!! My innova D4D Black smoke- pls Help!!! on how they tried to solve the problem by replacing also the catalytic converter on Innova 2.5 D4d.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    the engine supports of my d4d a/t were replaced because every time the engine is started, there's a clunk/thud coming from them. it seems they're too soft such that there's metal-to-metal contact. but after a day or two, the sound came back. sent it back to toyota ortigas but the diagnosis was "talagang ganya po and design". i checked a friend's innova and hilux but they start without a thud, have you experienced this in your innova?

over the past month, there's a squeek coming from the turbo area. this appears after driving a few kilometers. but strangely when the engine is switched off and started again it disappears. hopefully there's nothing wrong with the turbocharger. the sound doesn't come from the serpentine belt nor the a/c compressor. has anyone exprerienced this?

my mileage is 29,600km, 2 yrs old.

tia

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Has anyone tried to avail of the services of calibrating shops/companies to address D4D-related problems or to avail tune-up services for D4D engines? I've confirmed from my SA that casa/Toyota do not offer calibrating services.

I've read in this forum some famous ones such us:
    - Betan in Makati
    - Central Diesel in QC

I've also researched in the internet and came across the website of Philippines Auto Components: http://www.denso.com.ph. PAC is DENSO Philippine subsidiary based on the site. From this site, I found the numerous service network that I have to verify them from my SA. He confirmed that Crown Common Rail Diesel Center, Inc. is one of the accredited shops by Denso and that Toyota branches like Marikina, Cubao etc. do not offer calibrating services.Hanggang re-programming at modular replacement lang ata ang casa.

Please share your comments.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    hello to all. Am new here. Just want to share that my dad's innova of 3 years J D4d variant has experienced hard starting problems. Prior to this...compressor problem. Casa replaced the compressor free of charged considering warranty has already lapsed. Having gone thru this forum..I saw the problem of my dad's innova on the hard-starting issue...will insist casa to replace the fuel supply and the whole CRDI system. Problem now is how to convinced to get them free after warranty has already expired just 3 weeks ago. Thank you and keep on posting.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dons23 View Post
    hello to all. Am new here. Just want to share that my dad's innova of 3 years J D4d variant has experienced hard starting problems. Prior to this...compressor problem. Casa replaced the compressor free of charged considering warranty has already lapsed. Having gone thru this forum..I saw the problem of my dad's innova on the hard-starting issue...will insist casa to replace the fuel supply and the whole CRDI system. Problem now is how to convinced to get them free after warranty has already expired just 3 weeks ago. Thank you and keep on posting.

I think you could still avail of that warranty even if the warranty had already expired... [SIZE=5]IF[/SIZE] you reported the hard starting issue to casa before and that they have it on file. Pwede mo kasi i-haggle na may history na siya before na ganyan.

That's just MHO sir.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I think you could still avail of that warranty even if the warranty had already expired... [SIZE=5]IF[/SIZE] you reported the hard starting issue to casa before and that they have it on file. Pwede mo kasi i-haggle na may history na siya before na ganyan.

That's just MHO sir.

I agree with Trebuchet. If you have a record with any Toyota Casa, you can ask and haggle for warranty. If none, that's the problem. It might be difficult to convince them of warranty claims. I asked this before from 1 SA from Makati. Mabigat talaga ang cost if outside warranty. Butas ang bulsa mo for repairs...

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thank you very much guys. I will post as soon as I get any feedback from my dad. AS for my new Innova, everytime I go for PMS, I will include those troubles one at a time even wala pang trouble para lang may history..haha.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    guys, the d4d engine has a very high cranking demand from the battery.
    Thus you cant use just any brand of n50 battery. When I had mine replaced, had so much problems, replaced with Outlast, at first using their 15 month warranty battery, then replaced it with their 20 month warranty. Both CCA (cold cranking ampere) came up short. Its Oriental and Motolite, or even the Korean brand Rocket, which have compact battery with high CCA, amp/hours levels. As expected, more expensive than the other batteries in the market.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi. update ko lang un Innov J Diesel ng dad ko. So far the casa have not replied on the warranty. However, the Innova seemed to be ok. It havnt had any hard starting issues anymore. iT seemed that evrything was back to normal. But I advise my dad when the casa's customer service calls, have it repaired so as not to have future problems with it. On my Innova naman..I missed the 1000 PMS. Im now at around 3400 na, I am planning to bring it in sa 5000. anybody has this experience..please share. thanks

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)