New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ediserap View Post
    i just got my unit innova g 2.5dsl last dec 21, 2007 after a week of using it na experince ko na ung hard starting so binalik ko ng 1st week of jan to perform 1k km check up and to complain this hard starting. they reprogram it and told me to observe it at pag naulit papalitan nila yung battery. last month umulit na naman and they change the battery akala ko ok na but unfortunately dun palang sa casa nagloko na and sabi iwan ko na para kayo na lang ang mag observe. after 2days tumawag uli ang Service Advisor and pwede ko na daw kunin and they said nireprogram lang nila ang ginawa nila at ok na uli. after 3 weeks of no problem eto nanaman po bumalik nanaman sya. i have to bring my unit again for 5k km check up and complain it again. i have talk to my sales rep sabi ko i want a good service advisor or even the manager ang mag handle nito. di naman po stall ang unit ko pag nagloloko mga 3x lang mo lang sya switch ignition bago mag start ang masama lang pag may kasama kang iba nakakahiya bagong bago ayaw agad mag istart. sobra hassle!! ano kaya ang idemand ko sa kanila?
    Your fuel quality may be affecting your common rail diesel system. Try a new gasoline station.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    * ediserap, yup it might be the fuel quality like Dieseldude said, and also try to find a newly built gas station!

Quote Originally Posted by Isko143 View Post
    After reading all these bad feedbacks...now I'm having second thoughts on getting an Innova

Is it still a good move to purchase a 2nd hand Innova? Diesel or Gas version? I'm looking for a bigger transport for my growing family. We're currently using an altis for our daily use. Budget is around 700k (I'll sell/trade-in the Altis).

Thanks in advance peeps.
    Since you're getting a second hand, get the gas version! IMO

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks to your suggestion last week i did change my gas station from shell treetops to petron mercedes and still there is the problem. I will try to look for a new gasoline station, does anyone here knows a good gasoline station near pasig? thank you very much in advance.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The problem is still there simply because your problem is NOT related to fuel.

If there are impurities in the fuel such as water, the fuel filter will block these and your engine will still run fine.

Don't let Toyota fool you into thinking that it's the fuel. They've fed a lot of their unsatisfied customers with that crap.

Just think, if our local diesel is the problem, all brands of diesels cars (BMW, Audi, MB, VW, Hyundai, Ford, etc) should choke too - but only Toyota is suffering from this issue.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why can't Toyota Philippines just do something similar to this with the Tacoma in the US. It will save everyone the hassle and save their reputation.

http://blog.lexus.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

Living Up to Our Commitment
    Rust, as they say, never sleeps. It certainly never sleeps in the states where road salt is in heavy use, and we’ve recently become aware of additional evidence of that fact.

We’ve received reports that on a small number of model-year 1995 to 2000 Tacomas, excessive corrosion of the frame has caused perforation of the metal. The reason for this, it appears, is that the frames of some of the 813,000 vehicles built during this time-frame may not have adequate corrosion protection.

As a result, when they’re exposed to severe environmental conditions, especially in states where salt is used for the de-icing of roads, these frames may develop corrosion that goes beyond the normal surface rust that’s commonly found on metal after years of exposure – and in this case, these trucks are from eight to 13 years old.

Because of our oft-stated commitment to standing behind our products, we’re extending the rust-perforation warranty covering these trucks for a period of 15 years from each vehicle’s original date of purchase, with no mileage limitation, for corrosion damage that results in perforation of the vehicle’s frame material. Owners of these Tacomas need not be the original owners. Even if you bought your Tacoma second- or third-hand, it’s covered by this extended warranty.

Here’s how this will work: Starting in the middle of March and continuing over a period of time, owners of 1995-2000 Tacomas will be sent letters informing them about this issue. If you find rust perforation on your vehicle's frame, have your truck inspected by a Toyota dealer.

If frame corrosion damage is confirmed by an inspection at a Toyota dealership, at Toyota's option, we will either repair the vehicle or repurchase it. No matter the vehicle’s actual condition, it will be valued as a vehicle in excellent condition. If the inspection reveals no rust perforation, the 15-year warranty will remain in force.

This is worth underscoring: This is not a recall. Rather, it’s an example of our commitment to the durability of our products and to our owners. These are older trucks and rust is a fact of life, especially where road salt is used, but that’s not what’s important. What’s important is that we take care of our owners. We just thought you should know that.

- Mike Michels, Corporate Communications
    Last edited by redorange; April 8th, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The problem is still there simply because your problem is NOT related to fuel.

If there are impurities in the fuel such as water, the fuel filter will block these and your engine will still run fine.

Don't let Toyota fool you into thinking that it's the fuel. They've fed a lot of their unsatisfied customers with that crap.

Just think, if our local diesel is the problem, all brands of diesels cars (BMW, Audi, MB, VW, Hyundai, Ford, etc) should choke too - but only Toyota is suffering from this issue.
    +1 D4D chocking issue is not related to our dirty fuel.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Update on my hard starting problem. I just received a call from my Service Advisor that they are replacing the whole ignition assembly. I hope this is the solution to my hard starting problem. In fairness to my new service advisor I think he is good because he is now taking my problem seriously instead of just reprogramming and resetting the system like the two service advisor did. I will keep you updated and more power.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ediserap View Post
    Update on my hard starting problem. I just received a call from my Service Advisor that they are replacing the whole ignition assembly. I hope this is the solution to my hard starting problem. In fairness to my new service advisor I think he is good because he is now taking my problem seriously instead of just reprogramming and resetting the system like the two service advisor did. I will keep you updated and more power.
    Did Toyota gave you a service vehicle as replacement to your unit while it is being repaired ? They should because the complain was valid.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    We have a 2006 Innova J and a 2007 Fortuner 2.5 D4D. Our Innova already has 25,000kms on the odo and our Fort has 7,500kms. So far so good. No problems experienced whatsoever. Maybe it's a case to case basis? Factory defects in ECU and not the engine? Hmmm... ???

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think there is no problem with Toyota D4D design because we have been using Toyota HiLux S-GLX D4D 2500 4WD (from Thailand) in Total, Yemen for several years. In fact, rough road and mountainous area (plateau) yung lugar namin dun and sometimes 30% deg slope and loaded pa (5 adults+equipment) and byahe namin, and to be safe ay maximum 60 kph ang speed limit namin thru vehicle monitoring device. I never encountered hard starting or choking in all of our Toyota HiLux. Yun nga lang due to rough road ay nagbabara lang yung air filter kaya kinakapos minsan pag akyatan na kaya high rev kami and low gear 4X4. And pag stop-over namin sa Dubai ay napakaraming Innova Taxi dun and so far wala namang ganitong problema. Maybe yung diesel nga natin problema that's why I am planning to purchase Innova E gas on June.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)