New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I think cars will end up being mere appliances in the future.

Compare today from 20 years ago - much fewer people are into cars. Less of that tinkering/mechanical interest. What people, especially the youth, are moving towards is tech, connectivity, media.

Even today, many people have as much verve for their cars as they do for their televisions.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    This is true, in the 90s guys (and girls) were identified by their cars eg yung naka porma na evolution, yung nasa black SiR na so and so etc. There are some guys sa area na talagang sa auto mo lang "kilala" I used to frequent the south in the 90s, ang daming naka porma auto.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think cars will end up being mere appliances in the future.

Compare today from 20 years ago - much fewer people are into cars. Less of that tinkering/mechanical interest. What people, especially the youth, are moving towards is tech, connectivity, media.

Even today, many people have as much verve for their cars as they do for their televisions.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Traffic so bad na kasi! Back in the day traffic would be bad during rush hour, but once it was late enough the roads do open up. These days it seems that there's always a good number of cars on the road no matter what time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From a price-point perspective, the Rush takes care of those. And add all of them together, the Rush still outsells them.

Buyers dont care what platform the car is on..basta alam nila SUV ang Rush, SUV din yung mga yan. Maliit nga lang.
    I guess even Toyota knows the Rush is basically just an SUV-ized AUV (Avanza). Even the lower Avanza leans like crazy. So now they built the more refined car-based Corolla Cross which can compete with other car-based crossover SUVs.
    But the taller stance also makes the Rush prone to body roll, so take it easy around the corners in this thing. A noticeably stiff suspension attempts to compensate for this instability, which results in a very bouncy ride. Passengers in the third row will notice this the most, as the back hops up on even the smallest of bumps.
    -Top Gear Philippines
    Last edited by AG4; August 10th, 2020 at 07:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I guess even Toyota knows the Rush is basically just an SUV-ized AUV (Avanza). Even the lower Avanza leans like crazy. So now they built the more refined car-based Corolla Cross which can compete with other car-based crossover SUVs.

-Top Gear Philippines
    to many folks,
    price still dictates who's king.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

-Top Gear Philippines
    SUV-fying AUV's was probably the inspiration for making the new rush/terios out of the avanza in the first place.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Natatawa ako sa "body roll" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    These are the prices of PH-spec 2021 Toyota Corolla Cross | AutoIndustriya

Well, the 1.8 G will supposedly start at PhP 1,285,000 while the 1.8 HV will retail for PhP 1,650,000. And should you want the Corolla Cross to be painted White Pearl, you have to pay an extra PhP 15,000 for that.

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Lol even Autoindustriya forgot about the CX-30. I saw just one since its launch. Mazda pricing it at 1.5M is laughable even with the 3 years of free maintenance.

Srandard safety kit like the full suite of airbags and traction, stability control are very welcome.

I'm expecting to see Toyota's favorite AVT headunit, fabric seats, and no second row AC vents at least for the base model.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Lol even Autoindustriya forgot about the CX-30. I saw just one since its launch. Mazda pricing it at 1.5M is laughable even with the 3 years of free maintenance.

Srandard safety kit like the full suite of airbags and traction, stability control are very welcome.

I'm expecting to see Toyota's favorite AVT headunit, fabric seats, and no second row AC vents at least for the base model.
    cx30 would have been an awesome small cuv. too bad the price is abit overboard.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

Same goes with the Mazda 3... a 2.0L compact at 1.5M is pretty funny too. They’re really pushing their “premium-ness”.