New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Toyota filling in the gaps in their portfolio with this new model. Asian sized imo. Rav4 Tail lights look good already.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ext-month.html

article mistake: 207 nM on the 2ZR-FE 1.8 Engine. thats for the 2.0 engine...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ext-month.html

article mistake: 207 nM on the 2ZR-FE 1.8 Engine. thats for the 2.0 engine...
    You forget to mention that it makes only 136PS which is less than the oldy and trusty Honda R18 (Civic/HR-V, 141PS/174Nm).

That 136PS/207Nm can be put to good use if the driver will make the engine rev up to 4K to 6k rpm. If that new crossover is anything bigger than the ASX (2.0L at 150PS/197Nm), it might not be sporty enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    i didn't bother much... that 1.8L engine is good enough imo.

I wonder if its the new cvt though..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    looks boxy good...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Nice! Hope this isnt just a raised Car with "crossover claddings" kagaya ng trend similar with the Subaru XV.

But judging by the recently launched Yaris Cross, mukhang ok na ok ito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    Nice! Hope this isnt just a raised Car with "crossover claddings" kagaya ng trend similar with the Subaru XV.

But judging by the recently launched Yaris Cross, mukhang ok na ok ito.
    A crossover is typically a car platform on stilts. The XV is based off the Impreza platform. The HR-V is based off the Jazz. The Ecosport is based off the Fiesta. The CRV is based off the Civic platform.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A crossover is typically a car platform on stilts. The XV is based off the Impreza platform. The HR-V is based off the Jazz. The Ecosport is based off the Fiesta. The CRV is based off the Civic platform.

i agree, what i'm trying to say is that the "lazy" move to use the exact same body as a crossover. ( Impreza hatchback lifted as the XV, and yes like the Volvo Cross Countries, Audi All Roads ) .

The Honda models you mentioned are the best examples of it. But they are also partially guilty of it with their WR-V and BR-V crossovers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    i agree, what i'm trying to say is that the "lazy" move to use the exact same body as a crossover. ( Impreza hatchback lifted as the XV, and yes like the Volvo Cross Countries, Audi All Roads ) .

The Honda models you mentioned are the best examples of it. But they are also partially guilty of it with their WR-V and BR-V crossovers.
    the xv isn't an impreza on stilts. its a whole new crossover with an impreza engine, but the cabin is boxier.

only subi that's on stilts is the outback.

the BR-V was design from the ground up to be a 7seater for the asian market. have you tried sitting inside one?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the xv isn't an impreza on stilts. its a whole new crossover with an impreza engine, but the cabin is boxier.

only subi that's on stilts is the outback.

the BR-V was design from the ground up to be a 7seater for the asian market. have you tried sitting inside one?
    Eh? The Impreza and XV are built on the same platform. It's not just the engine that they share.

They even look identical:

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast