New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For 100k more than the Altis 1.6V, I guess this is a better proposition as you get a more powerful engine and a higher ground clearance plus a bigger trunk space.
    Ground clearance is only 161mm, not getting much more really. Also remember this is based on the shorter wheelbase platform of the Corolla hatch/CH-R (minus the independent suspension).

Another rival Toyota left out is the Kia Seltos 2.0 (P1.098M to P1.5M).
    Last edited by AG4; August 10th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Dead na talaga sedan. Lamang lang ng sedan ngayon is handling but noone gives a crap about that and if you did you'd probably get a Mazda 3 (and noone buys Mazda 3s these days so it goes to show noones gives a crap about handling).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Iilan na lang gusto ng compact or midsize sedan kasi mas pipiliin nila yung smaller and more fuel efficient subcompact sedans/hatchbacks. Dito sa atin, kung lampas 1M na usapan, crossover or PPV na ang pipiliin.

On my end, I would choose to replace the ASX in a few years with a compact or midsize sedan. My other crossover is more versatile - more interior space, bigger trunk space, and more fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

Another rival Toyota left out is the Kia Seltos 2.0 (P1.098M to P1.5M).
    Probably cuz noones buying them. I see way more ZS and Coolrays than Seltoses.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why is that crap. That's what buyers want.

Toyota is just adapting to market trends. Even in the US where midsize sedans reign supreme in sales, crossovers has started eating up into its sales figures. Ford has already taken out the Taurus, Focus, and Fiesta in the US market in favor of more trucks and crossovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Why is that crap. That's what buyers want.

Sa madala lang sa marketing BS nila. I remember electronic parking brake being hyped back in the day. Everyone seem to drool when seeing one and has to have it in their car

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Sa madala lang sa marketing BS nila.
    The market speaks with their wallet. Not a single car in the top 10 best selling cars in the Philippines is an enthusiast's car.

Basic transpo = Vios/Wigo/Mirage
    The rest are high-riding MPVs/SUVs/pickups

Even the Ecosport before outsold the Civic, Altis, and Mazda 3 combined. Again, the compact sedan is dead.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Probably cuz noones buying them. I see way more ZS and Coolrays than Seltoses.
    Nobody is buying the refreshed HR-V either which they mentioned as their rival.

Top three 5-door subcompact crossover SUVs in the market as of mid-year are the following:
    1. MG ZS
    2. Geely Coolray
    3. Ford EcoSport

Jimny is at third if you want to include the 3-door 4x4.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Nobody is buying the refreshed HR-V either which they mentioned as their rival.

Top three 5-door subcompact crossover SUVs in the market now are the following:
    1. MG ZS
    2. Geely Coolray
    3. Ford EcoSport

Jimny is at third if you want to include the 3-door 4x4.
    From a price-point perspective, the Rush takes care of those. And add all of them together, the Rush still outsells them.

Buyers dont care what platform the car is on..basta alam nila SUV ang Rush, SUV din yung mga yan. Maliit nga lang.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The market speaks with their wallet. Not a single car in the top 10 best selling cars in the Philippines is an enthusiast's car.

Basic transpo = Vios/Wigo/Mirage
    The rest are high-riding MPVs/SUVs/pickups

Even the Ecosport before outsold the Civic, Altis, and Mazda 3 combined. Again, the compact sedan is dead.

Oo. Hoping for a renaissance in the future... napaka boring na tignan ng daan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think cars will end up being mere appliances in the future.

Compare today from 20 years ago - much fewer people are into cars. Less of that tinkering/mechanical interest. What people, especially the youth, are moving towards is tech, connectivity, media.

Even today, many people have as much verve for their cars as they do for their televisions.