New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    OT.

many years ago,
    an industry icon mentioned the very important factor that determined their cars' sizes.
    train flat cars!
    apparently, they sized their cars, so as to maximize the number of cars that will fit onto the flat cars, for shipping.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    The Prius C is supposedly the entry grade hybrid in the lineup but shipping from japan bloated the price to ~2M instead.There would have been a P200k difference if you try to match TMP's configuration using the Japanese Lineup ( Corolla WxB Hybrid vs Aqua Crossover Glam(for alloy wheels and a preinstalled headunit)+ curtain airbag option)
    something is amiss kung kung i-attribute nila yun price diffrence solely on shipping. natandaan ko nun cagayan days a 40ft container will cost you approx. 2000$ US to Japan. ang Japan to Manila is suprisingly affordable mga 500$ plus. A 40ft container can store 2 normal sized vehicles or 3 small city car sized ones. I think minamaximixe lang talaga ng TMP pricing nila binawasan pa nila ng features yun thai models.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    I'm guessing the 1936mm width includes side mirrors. If it's really 1936 body only, that's closer to CX-9 width, proportions will look off. But it does look wide on the photos. Better have someone measure end to end to make sure it's the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Hmmm, I didn't know that dimensions are not standardized. Anyway, sa actual pa rin naman nagkakatalo. Wala pa naman siguro bumili Ng car online without looking at the actual unit.
    The Territory's 1936mm width does Not include the mirrors, widest points of the body are the flared wheel arches (to match the wide tracks).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ford-territory-front-view.jpg   territory-top-view.jpg  
    Last edited by AG4; August 23rd, 2020 at 11:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Saw one in the flesh today, the front fenders don't look so bad sa actual compared to that in pictures. But then, Ang feeling ko napakasikip niya sa loob compared to the territory, and to think na 12 cms longer and wider lang naman ang difference, tapos 5 cm in height lang naman. Tapos puro plastic sa loob, I just don't know with the hybrid, kasi I didn't take a look
    The interior of the Corolla Cross is not as big because it rides on a shorter wheelbase than the Altis. It's positioned as an in-between size Crossover. The Cross can either be a big sub-compact or a small compact, but seeing how Toyota put a twist-beam rear suspension, they seem to be treating it as a subcompact. The Territory is closer to the size of a Rav4.
    Last edited by AG4; August 23rd, 2020 at 11:25 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is this a made for Asia vehicle or will this be offered worldwide?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    is the corolla cross more of a cuv or a raised big wheeled wagon?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I think it will also be marketed in the North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; August 23rd, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    is the corolla cross more of a cuv or a raised big wheeled wagon?
    Its not really raised. Its grounce clearance is only 161mm.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Its based on their global platform. Theoretically scaleable for other regions.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its not really raised. Its grounce clearance is only 161mm.
    Right. If I remember correctly, the lancer cedia we own have a ground clearance of 165mm or 170mm..