New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 900 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Here's a picture of Via

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vios1.3eat_user View Post
    Here's a picture of Via

Ang panget ng brown... Sana wala nang bumili ng ganyang color ;) :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobl View Post

para wala nkyong kmukha ng kulay na ganyan sa daan?hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rheathyurd View Post
    siguro you are talking about fuel mileage and not fuel consumption. if your tire pressure is high the tendency is for you to get higher fuel mileage and that means lower fuel consumption.

The problem is if you over inflate your tire, aside from the poor ride quality, over inflated tires will definitely wear out more quickly.
    yep, higher fuel mileage nga. hehehe. bakit kasi FC ang tawag, dapat ata FM.

thanks for the heads up Sir.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    To set the record straight (and perhaps I will do an article on this in Top Gear this month, to clear up misconceptions).

Higher tire pressure results in better handling, up to a point.

The smaller the contact patch, the more concentrated the force on the road. This is because you have more weight over a smaller area.

Off-road, you want a softer tire, for a bigger contact patch, because you want less pressure on the road, so the tires will float, not sink.

Stiffer tires mean better handling because steering response is more immediate. The sidewalls don't flex, so when you turn, input at the wheel equals response from the tires right away. With softer tires, there's squidge. The firmer sidewalls means that your contact patch when turning is dead center on the tread, not the sides of the tires, which are not as sticky.

Stiffer tires show less wear. Radial tires don't bulge like old bias-ply tires, so center wear usually isn't a problem. Only tires I've had that showed center wear from 40 psi pressure were extra-sticky Neovas that were designed for track use. I use 45 psi on the Crosswind, and I still get more edge wear than center wear. 45 psi on the CR-V, and tread wear is completely even.

-

Now... this is all true... up to a point. The point is the pressure at which the tires start to "dribble". Tires that "bounce" don't have braking grip. And braking grip is important. If your suspension can't control tire motion, then you should lower the psi a little. Then there's the problem that very stiff tires tramline a lot on the highway (follow the grooves and contours of the road). If this bothers you, lower the pressure until the steering feels natural.

Otherwise, experiment away. You will not approach the safe inflation limits of the tire until long after they become uncomfortable to ride on. I'm betting best balance of economy and comfort on a car this weight might be between 35-38 psi.
    very well said sir niky!!!

thanks.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bokista View Post
    bakit kaya ako, kahit anong pilit kong sabihin panget ang silver, dami pa ding silver, kakainis. hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hahaha! :D

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ang ganda ng brown na vios, pati ung dark gray. sayang available lang siya sa E and G. J lang kaya namen.hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    ang ganda ng brown na vios, pati ung dark gray. sayang available lang siya sa E and G. J lang kaya namen.hehe
    Wag! Di maganda brown! Yung dark gray, red and orange soooobraaaang ganda! Hehehe! :p

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobl View Post

Pangit nga brown hahaha