New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 124 of 900 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bokista View Post
    magkano po inabot ng pms mo with semi synthetic oil? and ilan na po mileage ng vios nyo?
    2.2k for semi synthetic. my odo as of now is 1.7k.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    Higher tire pressure higher fc din. 33/30 sa gen 2.5 ko pero i use 35psi to increase my fc. Yun nga lang medyo matagtag at madulas siya sa banking lalo kung basa

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    siguro you are talking about fuel mileage and not fuel consumption. if your tire pressure is high the tendency is for you to get higher fuel mileage and that means lower fuel consumption.

The problem is if you over inflate your tire, aside from the poor ride quality, over inflated tires will definitely wear out more quickly.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    So anu nga po ang mas dapat?
    33/30 normal
    35/35 sa maingat sa pagmamaneho

Majority anu mga tire pressure nyo po?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    as of now naka 30 pa ako all tyres. ewan ko dun sa binili kong pump pag sinet ko sa 30 yung required psi aabot muna ng 31 saka mag off. normal ba yun?
    if the manual says ng 32 dapat yung front, adjust ko yung tyre pressure ko.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    32psi ang saken on all tires.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    So if you go for fuel efficiency go with higher tire pressure but be wary of your speed as this might slip either through hard breaking or banking on a sharp curve.
    To set the record straight (and perhaps I will do an article on this in Top Gear this month, to clear up misconceptions).

Higher tire pressure results in better handling, up to a point.

The smaller the contact patch, the more concentrated the force on the road. This is because you have more weight over a smaller area.

Off-road, you want a softer tire, for a bigger contact patch, because you want less pressure on the road, so the tires will float, not sink.

Stiffer tires mean better handling because steering response is more immediate. The sidewalls don't flex, so when you turn, input at the wheel equals response from the tires right away. With softer tires, there's squidge. The firmer sidewalls means that your contact patch when turning is dead center on the tread, not the sides of the tires, which are not as sticky.

Stiffer tires show less wear. Radial tires don't bulge like old bias-ply tires, so center wear usually isn't a problem. Only tires I've had that showed center wear from 40 psi pressure were extra-sticky Neovas that were designed for track use. I use 45 psi on the Crosswind, and I still get more edge wear than center wear. 45 psi on the CR-V, and tread wear is completely even.

-

Now... this is all true... up to a point. The point is the pressure at which the tires start to "dribble". Tires that "bounce" don't have braking grip. And braking grip is important. If your suspension can't control tire motion, then you should lower the psi a little. Then there's the problem that very stiff tires tramline a lot on the highway (follow the grooves and contours of the road). If this bothers you, lower the pressure until the steering feels natural.

Otherwise, experiment away. You will not approach the safe inflation limits of the tire until long after they become uncomfortable to ride on. I'm betting best balance of economy and comfort on a car this weight might be between 35-38 psi.
    Last edited by niky; October 8th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Otherwise, experiment away. You will not approach the safe inflation limits of the tire until long after they become uncomfortable to ride on. I'm betting best balance of economy and comfort on a car this weight might be between 35-38 psi.
    This is the sweet spot for me right now with our sedans. Less than 33-34psi and i'm already complaining the tyres are soft. :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bokista View Post
    YGPM
    sir bokista,
    puno na inbox mo so di ako makareply. please delete some messages.
    thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    35 psi all around.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    sir bokista,
    puno na inbox mo so di ako makareply. please delete some messages.
    thanks!
    ok na sir.