New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 900 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinoda View Post
    Quite intermittent lately, the door lock sign on the dashboard blinks. Very split second lang. Lahat naman ng door e naka-lock. Has anyone experienced this?
    One of your sensors is loose.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinoda View Post
    Quite intermittent lately, the door lock sign on the dashboard blinks. Very split second lang. Lahat naman ng door e naka-lock. Has anyone experienced this?
    Tignan mo lahat ng door pillars mo, may switch doon na covered with black rubber boots, baka na-dislocate yung black rubber boots kaya yung function ng switch is impaired.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    For mostly city driving with the following routes Makati to Paranaque via skyway/slex and Paranaque to Antipolo would the 1.3 a/t be a better option? or should I save extra and get the 1.5 a/t? Would the difference in engine have any major benefits for driving out of town as well?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by edichu View Post
    Had our dark brown 1.5G A/T for a week now. Here are my impressions:

After picking up the unit from the CASA, I noticed that it had clocked 9km in its odometer and that the fuel indicator is already at the empty region with its light indicator already on. My Agent told me that from the plant, all Vios comes with 10 liters of fuel only. This was a concern because when I toggled the trip computer settings to show the average fuel consumption, it was showing a dismal 3km/l. Good thing that there was a gas station near the dealership, but it necessitated me to navigate through a U-Turn and wade thru bumper-to-bumper traffic. To date, after a week of usage and 128km of accumulated distance travelled, it is now showing 6.9km/l. I expect it to improve even more in the coming weeks/months during the break-in period.

I had carefully studied my purchase of this car. My main consideration was budget. next would be the combination of: economy, reliability, longetivity, comfort, looks, as well as adequate power. I was not disappointed with what I got. Power is more than sufficient to climb up Antipolo without difficulty while baby-ing the throttle. The brakes are something I need to get accustomed to--a little prod is enough to lunge you to the dashboard if stepped on suddenly. Comfort-wise, its good. There is some noise on the ride over bumpy surfaces that intrudes into the cabin, but this is maybe due to incorrect tire pressure which I still haven't checked yet. The only time that engine noise would intrude into the cabin is when the tachometer enters the 3000RPM zone during overtaking, otherwise it is placid most of the time. Spring and damping over speed humps is good as well, though haven't had the chance to see with full passengers onboard. NVH levels is top notch for me. The cabin is really silent with the windows rolled up. Radio/Stereo sound quality is good considering it is stock unit. But for the discriminating folks, it wouldn't do. I like the USB/IPOD capability, as well as the remote controls on the steering wheel.

My nitpickings would be:
    1. Non-telescoping steering wheel-I probably belong to a small percentile of people with long legs compared to their arms. This isn't a worry since the steering assistance varies with speed.
    2. Cheap, flimsy A/C controls. Turning the fan speed knob on felt like it wouldn't last a year. The same can be said for the other knobs in the HVAC.
    3. Non-foldable rear seats. This would have made it more practical.
    4. (Rather) Weak headlights. With a stock HIR2 bulb/projector lamp combination, I was expecting more, or probably my expectations were just too high.
    5. A/T is sometimes undecided during part-throttle inputs. I'm not sure it it has an adaptive logic to suit its driver, but there are times it is caught between 1st and 2nd gear. I noticed this too during my back-to-back test drive of 1.3AT and 1.5AT. I felt that 1.3AT was more smoother although it has a lesser urge when flooring the throttle.

I am quite happy to have gone over the user manual to check for the PMS schedule. Its service requirement is far and few than what I had in mind. For everyone's benefit, here they are (1.5AT):

Head Light: HIR2/9012 bulb
    Fog Light: H16/5202 bulb
    Other Lights: Wedge/Single End bulbs
    Oil: 3.7L (with filter) 5W-30/10W-30 API SL/SN/SM or ILSAC
    Coolant: 4.1L Ethylene Glycol non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite, non-borate
    Spark Plug: Denso K16R-U / NGK BKR5EYA
    AT Fluid: 6.4L Toyota Genuine ATF WS
    Brake Fluid: DOT3
    Tires: 185/60R15 84H-33psi/30psi / 195/50R16 84V-32psi/29psi

Engine Oil: 10K/12mos. replace
    Oil Filger: 10K/12mos. replace
    A/C Filter: 30K/18mos replace
    Drive Belts: 20K/24mos. (inspect)
    Cooling: 40K/24mos. replace
    Spark Plugs: 10K/12mos. (inspect) 40K/48mos. replace interval
    Brake Fluid: 10K/12mos. (inspect) 40K/24mos. replace interval
    Air Filter: 20K/24mos. (inspect) 40K/48mos. replace interval
    Fuel Filter: 80K/96mos. replace
    AT Fluid: 40K/24mos. inspect 80K/48mos. replace interval
    Valve Clearance: 80K/96mos. (inspect)

Hope this helps to fellow forum readers.
    Hi sir edichu, nice review of your new vios.
    Do you notice the (not so good) sound coming from the suspension when going over rough patches of road? It's a sound like something is loose.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro07 View Post
    Hi sir edichu, nice review of your new vios.
    Do you notice the (not so good) sound coming from the suspension when going over rough patches of road? It's a sound like something is loose.
    Hello Sir Nitro. Care to share this type of noise? How does it sound like by the way...Have you experienced worn out stabilizer links in your previous ride(s)? Does it resemble anything like it? From what I see on the current on our Vios, Its stabilizer link ends are of the rubber bushing type. This should suppress noise during medium to high speed ride over road corrugations, and is quite durable in my opinion. Also the front lower aft-side L-arm suspension uses isolated rubber bushings similar to the CRV which can wear out eventually. But since our units are new from CASA, we can dismiss it. Anyway, a quick look can be had by raising the body.

I mentioned "There is some noise on the ride over bumpy surfaces" in my first post. I think this can be attributed to the tire pressure, though I haven't checked mine yet still. This is also why I am having second thoughts in replacing it with a set of 17" wheel/tire. I don't like to spend considerable amount of dough and end up regretting it. On the other hand, if indeed I will replace it, I need to do so at the soonest so that I could have a good trade-in value for it.

I need more time to evaluate my suspension so that I may decide whether to pursue a bigger rim. The current wheel size just looks undersized for the car. The wheel well gap on top looks big too. By changing to a bigger rim, this may become accentuated even more and it might persuade me to buy lowering spring as well. I am not pursuing more performance since I just drive sensibly around town. I just want the looks. Oh boy, the price of it :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Guys
    got my 1 mon old vios J red.
    tanong lang po,wala po bang power streering fluid reservoir and vios? nakita ko ang wiper,colant,brake fluids ba?
    pano post pics dito? kung click insert image,walang lalabas na "window na hahanapin ko sa computer ko"
    thanks mga paps

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    EPS na sir ang new vios. hindi na siya hydraulic like the old times.

Sir, Edichu, i think the you will exert the same amount of force across all band of the speed since it is now EPS.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Got my vios 1.5g a/t orange today. I started choosing from the eon,mirage and accent crdi and finally ended with the vios.

Yes, mine also has that noise when abruptly going thru humps.

The tranny is so confusing to me, pag umiilaw ang eco light smooth sya, when i try to accelerate to overtake, rpm surges up and the tranny shifts down. Eh wala pa sa kalahati apak ko, parang kickdown to the floor ang reaction ng tranny. Nag jerk tuloy ang hatak nya.

Tried to research the tranny and others are also noticing about this abrupt kickdowns on their yaris.

The U340E Transmission in your Yaris - Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Overall its a nice car, much nicer than the previous gen,

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Got my vios 1.5g a/t orange today. I started choosing from the eon,mirage and accent crdi and finally ended with the vios.

Yes, mine also has that noise when abruptly going thru humps.

The tranny is so confusing to me, pag umiilaw ang eco light smooth sya, when i try to accelerate to overtake, rpm surges up and the tranny shifts down. Eh wala pa sa kalahati apak ko, parang kickdown to the floor ang reaction ng tranny. Nag jerk tuloy ang hatak nya.

Tried to research the tranny and others are also noticing about this abrupt kickdowns on their yaris.

The U340E Transmission in your Yaris - Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Overall its a nice car, much nicer than the previous gen,
    Yes, I agree it's a nice car.. But that sound from the front suspension is very irritating. I feel that I'm driving an old car when I hear that sound coming from the front suspension. I scheduled an appointment with the casa tomorrow morning to check the problem.

I can claim this under the warranty right? Is it possible for them to change the whole assembly since the car is just a week old? And also, our car's color is white pearl, the color of the rear bumper compared to the body isn't the same. The rear bumper is kinda yellowish compared to the rest of the car.. We paid an additional 15k and this is what we got. Can they replace the rear bumper too under warranty? Sorry, newbie here.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by edichu View Post
    Hello Sir Nitro. Care to share this type of noise? How does it sound like by the way...Have you experienced worn out stabilizer links in your previous ride(s)? Does it resemble anything like it? From what I see on the current on our Vios, Its stabilizer link ends are of the rubber bushing type. This should suppress noise during medium to high speed ride over road corrugations, and is quite durable in my opinion. Also the front lower aft-side L-arm suspension uses isolated rubber bushings similar to the CRV which can wear out eventually. But since our units are new from CASA, we can dismiss it. Anyway, a quick look can be had by raising the body.
    The sound is like something is loose. It seems to me that the front suspension doesn't soak up the sound well enough when going through humps and rough patches on the road compared to our other cars. The sound is kinda making me nuts and I know the sound isn't normal. Though I don't feel any vibration from the steering wheel when I hear that annoying sound. Based from the cars that we still have, there is none of the sound that I hear from the vios' front suspension. But I can remember that sound way back when we used to have a '93 corolla when it was already old. Well, I'll bring the car to the casa tomorrow to have it checked out. I'll update the status here after the casa appointment. (Fingers crossed)