New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 100 of 900 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hello mga bossing. Nung thursday ko lang nakuha bago vios ko na 1.3e at. Parang medyo malakas gas consumption nya. Ganun po ba talaga or magiging matipid din sya later on? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Really? 7.5kml pag heqvy traffic ang 1.5 ? Manual pa yan, what more kung matic pa.
    I wouldn't discriminate much regarding the manual versus automatic transmission fuel efficiency difference. Fact is, there's a lot of automatic trannies that are more fuel efficient than their manual counterparts nowadays.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro07 View Post
    How do you find your new vios?
    Please share your experiences.
    Be it good or bad.. Thank you
    Had our dark brown 1.5G A/T for a week now. Here are my impressions:

After picking up the unit from the CASA, I noticed that it had clocked 9km in its odometer and that the fuel indicator is already at the empty region with its light indicator already on. My Agent told me that from the plant, all Vios comes with 10 liters of fuel only. This was a concern because when I toggled the trip computer settings to show the average fuel consumption, it was showing a dismal 3km/l. Good thing that there was a gas station near the dealership, but it necessitated me to navigate through a U-Turn and wade thru bumper-to-bumper traffic. To date, after a week of usage and 128km of accumulated distance travelled, it is now showing 6.9km/l. I expect it to improve even more in the coming weeks/months during the break-in period.

I had carefully studied my purchase of this car. My main consideration was budget. next would be the combination of: economy, reliability, longetivity, comfort, looks, as well as adequate power. I was not disappointed with what I got. Power is more than sufficient to climb up Antipolo without difficulty while baby-ing the throttle. The brakes are something I need to get accustomed to--a little prod is enough to lunge you to the dashboard if stepped on suddenly. Comfort-wise, its good. There is some noise on the ride over bumpy surfaces that intrudes into the cabin, but this is maybe due to incorrect tire pressure which I still haven't checked yet. The only time that engine noise would intrude into the cabin is when the tachometer enters the 3000RPM zone during overtaking, otherwise it is placid most of the time. Spring and damping over speed humps is good as well, though haven't had the chance to see with full passengers onboard. NVH levels is top notch for me. The cabin is really silent with the windows rolled up. Radio/Stereo sound quality is good considering it is stock unit. But for the discriminating folks, it wouldn't do. I like the USB/IPOD capability, as well as the remote controls on the steering wheel.

My nitpickings would be:
    1. Non-telescoping steering wheel-I probably belong to a small percentile of people with long legs compared to their arms. This isn't a worry since the steering assistance varies with speed.
    2. Cheap, flimsy A/C controls. Turning the fan speed knob on felt like it wouldn't last a year. The same can be said for the other knobs in the HVAC.
    3. Non-foldable rear seats. This would have made it more practical.
    4. (Rather) Weak headlights. With a stock HIR2 bulb/projector lamp combination, I was expecting more, or probably my expectations were just too high.
    5. A/T is sometimes undecided during part-throttle inputs. I'm not sure it it has an adaptive logic to suit its driver, but there are times it is caught between 1st and 2nd gear. I noticed this too during my back-to-back test drive of 1.3AT and 1.5AT. I felt that 1.3AT was more smoother although it has a lesser urge when flooring the throttle.

I am quite happy to have gone over the user manual to check for the PMS schedule. Its service requirement is far and few than what I had in mind. For everyone's benefit, here they are (1.5AT):

Head Light: HIR2/9012 bulb
    Fog Light: H16/5202 bulb
    Other Lights: Wedge/Single End bulbs
    Oil: 3.7L (with filter) 5W-30/10W-30 API SL/SN/SM or ILSAC
    Coolant: 4.1L Ethylene Glycol non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite, non-borate
    Spark Plug: Denso K16R-U / NGK BKR5EYA
    AT Fluid: 6.4L Toyota Genuine ATF WS
    Brake Fluid: DOT3
    Tires: 185/60R15 84H-33psi/30psi / 195/50R16 84V-32psi/29psi

Engine Oil: 10K/12mos. replace
    Oil Filger: 10K/12mos. replace
    A/C Filter: 30K/18mos replace
    Drive Belts: 20K/24mos. (inspect)
    Cooling: 40K/24mos. replace
    Spark Plugs: 10K/12mos. (inspect) 40K/48mos. replace interval
    Brake Fluid: 10K/12mos. (inspect) 40K/24mos. replace interval
    Air Filter: 20K/24mos. (inspect) 40K/48mos. replace interval
    Fuel Filter: 80K/96mos. replace
    AT Fluid: 40K/24mos. inspect 80K/48mos. replace interval
    Valve Clearance: 80K/96mos. (inspect)

Hope this helps to fellow forum readers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    17s were not a good match for the old car's suspension. Poor wheel control. The tires tended to "dribble" over the road unless you had the TRD suspension, which was very stiff. As it is, with the new one, even with the stock 15s, there's already a tendency... 17" will make the ride worse.

For the new Vios, 16" is probably optimum in terms of looks, performance and ride comfort.

Review up:

Toyota Vios 1.5G Review

Hope people can give feedback regarding fuel economy... as it's very contentious. Seems like the car is fantastic on the highway (Bridgestone Eco-run, 30 km/l for the 1.3... (so likely 25 without cheating. )), but in traffic, it's strangely thirsty. Anyone here have a few thousand kilometers on the odometer yet?
    Weird. The model used in the ecorun is 1.3j yet it has r15 alloy wheels and not r14 steel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chito2011 View Post
    parang ala pa akong nababasa regarding sa sound ng stereo ng bagong vios... pwede na ba or you need to install new speakers?
    for me puede na sya but it is somehow lacking the high part of the music. puede kaya lagyan ng tweeters ito? for the bass part, I usually set it at 1 or 2 out of 5. adequate na for me but of course the sound wouldn't be as low vs those with added amps and subs.

AM reception seems to be coupled with some humming sounds regardless of station. Anyone experienced this? With regards to the USB port, I have experienced freezing music during playback. What I did was replace the USB stick with a similar 7GB TDK and all is well.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    17s were not a good match for the old car's suspension. Poor wheel control. The tires tended to "dribble" over the road unless you had the TRD suspension, which was very stiff. As it is, with the new one, even with the stock 15s, there's already a tendency... 17" will make the ride worse.

For the new Vios, 16" is probably optimum in terms of looks, performance and ride comfort.

Review up:

Toyota Vios 1.5G Review

Hope people can give feedback regarding fuel economy... as it's very contentious. Seems like the car is fantastic on the highway (Bridgestone Eco-run, 30 km/l for the 1.3... (so likely 25 without cheating. )), but in traffic, it's strangely thirsty. Anyone here have a few thousand kilometers on the odometer yet?
    Weird. The model used in the ecorun is 1.3j yet it has r15 alloy wheels and not r14 steel.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013

Review up:

Toyota Vios 1.5G Review

Weird. The model used in the ecorun is 1.3 j yet it has r15 alloy wheels and not the r14 steel.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post
    for me puede na sya but it is somehow lacking the high part of the music. puede kaya lagyan ng tweeters ito? for the bass part, I usually set it at 1 or 2 out of 5. adequate na for me but of course the sound wouldn't be as low vs those with added amps and subs.

AM reception seems to be coupled with some humming sounds regardless of station. Anyone experienced this? With regards to the USB port, I have experienced freezing music during playback. What I did was replace the USB stick with a similar 7GB TDK and all is well.
    I do experience AM band static, this I suppose was the the effect of not installing the rubber pole antenna ayoko ikabit yung antenna

Stereo sound quality, is just fine for me, di ako mahilig sa malakas na music.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post

kulang nga sa tingin ko, tama ka bro. I really go for clarity of sound. kung makabili ako ng vios, papalitan ko ang speakers nito he he he

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quite intermittent lately, the door lock sign on the dashboard blinks. Very split second lang. Lahat naman ng door e naka-lock. Has anyone experienced this?