New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 900 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 8993
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    from TGP mga boss. ano kaya nangyari?
    Connected kaya yung kalampag na nabanggit ko dito? Kung bumigay yan under normal operation, oh my.... Same color pa naman kami nung nasa picture

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    guys, can anyone tell us how this might have happened?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

ay napost na pala mods, can we delete this post? TIA :D
    Last edited by Huyu; September 27th, 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: already posted

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Huyu View Post
    guys, can anyone tell us how this might have happened?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

To me it looks like a suspension failure, similar to how a lower ball joint failure looks on a Honda Accord. Not sure if a pothole could do that since I've seen cars hit bit potholes and even get stuck in open manholes with the wheel still performing normally afterwards.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    To me it looks like a suspension failure, similar to how a lower ball joint failure looks on a Honda Accord. Not sure if a pothole could do that since I've seen cars hit bit potholes and even get stuck in open manholes with the wheel still performing normally afterwards.
    Catastrophic failures like that typically happen to cars with double-wishbone front suspensions (like the Accord or 92 Galant).

I think it's more likely that the dealership or garage forgot to tighten the lugnuts properly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Catastrophic failures like that typically happen to cars with double-wishbone front suspensions (like the Accord or 92 Galant).

I think it's more likely that the dealership or garage forgot to tighten the lugnuts properly.
    Covered pa rin naman ng insurance yung damage sa ganyan? Ang babayaran lang participation?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Covered pa rin naman ng insurance yung damage sa ganyan? Ang babayaran lang participation?
    Bad trip Jan eh yung abala, kaya nga tayo kumukuha ng brand new para less hassle

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Puwede i-claim as accident, kung accident.

If a dealer or a garage mucked up the lugnuts, then they have to shoulder the cost.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    hayss kakatakot mangyari ung posted sa TGP lalo na pag nasa highway ka na running at high speed.. sana di na mangyari ung ganun sa iba pang unit.. stay safe guys..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    loose wheel lug nuts, versus suspension failure. a view from the side would have been most helpful.
    i haven't seen suspension failure like that in a long time..
    i experienced loose lugnuts myself.. fortunately, i stopped to look why i was hearing this strange, rumbling sound of the lughole edges eating into the lugnuts..kagagaling ko lang sa flat tire fixit shop..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Another witness posted a clearer picture. The rear tire is also deflated and the front end has some damage. So it appears that this was due to a collision with a hard obstacle rather than a mechanical defect.

Like I said... a ball joint failure isn't quite as dramatic with a McPherson-strut equipped car. The strut is directly over the hub. With a double-wishbone car, there's more leverage to break the assembly off.