New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Naghahanap ako ngayon ng replacement bushings. If wala akong makita, buong assembly nalang. May cruven dito sa davao. Doon first stop ko.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    may mga nagsabi, na bushings-only replacement, don't last long. better entire assembly replacement, daw.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    may mga nagsabi, na bushings-only replacement, don't last long. better entire assembly replacement, daw.
    the whole entire OEM A-arm assembly is the best route but expensive. If your A-arm is also with a Shaft Link Kit, better replace it as well especially if you've been using your Sorento on rough roads..
    Check also the your Stab Links, Stabilizer bar bushings, etc. You have to change them too if they have seen better days...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Got my original bushings from korea. Replaced old bushings already. But there’s a new problem.

Car drives straight. But upon braking, steering wheel slightly turns to the left (11 oclock position) and the car pulls to the right in proportion to the steering wheel movement to the left.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Got my original bushings from korea. Replaced old bushings already. But there’s a new problem.

Car drives straight. But upon braking, steering wheel slightly turns to the left (11 oclock position) and the car pulls to the right in proportion to the steering wheel movement to the left.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

Baka di pantay ang preno.. need to lubricate caliper pins

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Baka di pantay ang preno.. need to lubricate caliper pins
    How to check for this? This car is not equipped with abs. Should I just brake hard and observe which tire locks up first?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

It could be that your front brake calipers are sticking up and needs servicing (cleaning and replacement of caliper rubber brake seals, etc) if still feasible. Otherwise, If the caliper piston &/or cylinder are severely pitted, you have to change the whole assembly... Time to change your brake fluid too

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    It could be that your front brake calipers are sticking up and needs servicing (cleaning and replacement of caliper rubber brake seals, etc) if still feasible. Otherwise, If the caliper piston &/or cylinder are severely pitted, you have to change the whole assembly... Time to change your brake fluid too
    caliper guide pins bro...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    How to check for this? This car is not equipped with abs. Should I just brake hard and observe which tire locks up first?

No. Maybe need servicing ng calipers mo..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Update: under full braking force, left front wheel locks up instantly while the right does not.
    Last edited by suysuy; September 25th, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Update: under full braking force, left front wheel locks up instantly while the right does not.
    There you go... need talaga servicing ng calipers mo.. include mo na cleaning ng buong caliper including the piston.
    Last edited by yapoy86; September 25th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast