New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mukhang may mali sa pagkabit ng rack and pinion mo. Hindi nga centered yan kaya bitin sa kabilang side ang turn.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Applicable kaya tong video na to sa lahat ng rack and pinion mga sir?
    How To Center A Rack and Pinion - YouTube

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    rack doesn't need centering. its pre aligned for the steeeing shaft.
    so, when the brand new rack is purchased, it is already pre-aligned and "locked to the center position" ?

thus, the mekanikos have to work the installation and alignment, without moving that setting?

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    The SRS or airbag clockspring might not have been centered when the rack and pinion was replaced limiting the number of turns in one direction

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    Genuine kia bushings. The whole arm costs an arm and leg. Baka ndi maayos sayang lang pera. There might be something that is causing this. Disc brakes and calipers were already checked. So hindi siya issue sa brakes.

There is something loose when you apply the brakes, it changes the steering angle or the suspension shifts. But im already running out of ideas kung alin sa ilalim ang need pang tingnan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uneven brake pressure almost always is caused by the ABS Pump. Try mo rin ipa flush muna baka makuha dun. Usually dahil sa maduming fluid.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013

There is something loose when you apply the brakes, it changes the steering angle or the suspension shifts. But im already running out of ideas kung alin sa ilalim ang need pang tingnan

shocks sir.

kung mas malambot isang side, kapag nag brake, pag shift ng weight ng sasakyan sa harap, liliko magisa.

baka lang naman, ganito kasi na experience ko sa hilux, kaso naka negative camber ako sa harap (-1)

na correct siya nung nagpalit ako ng shocks.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    shocks sir.

kung mas malambot isang side, kapag nag brake, pag shift ng weight ng sasakyan sa harap, liliko magisa.

baka lang naman, ganito kasi na experience ko sa hilux, kaso naka negative camber ako sa harap (-1)

na correct siya nung nagpalit ako ng shocks.
    Hmmm pwede. Stock shocks pa ako. Weird lang yung manibela papuntang kaliwa pero yung nguso ng car ko pa kanan. Opposite yung direction.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hmmm pwede. Stock shocks pa ako. Weird lang yung manibela papuntang kaliwa pero yung nguso ng car ko pa kanan. Opposite yung direction.

try mo sir magpa toe correction habang nakasakay ka sa driver side.

kadalasan P200 to P400 ang singil sa toe correction.

tignan mo sir kung mawawala yung problem mo.

kaya siguro opposite direction kasi nag correct ka na while braking to straighten the car sir.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so, when the brand new rack is purchased, it is already pre-aligned and "locked to the center position" ?

thus, the mekanikos have to work the installation and alignment, without moving that setting?
    yes sir, steering rack is mounted on the subframe(crossmember) without any adjustment. the only adjustment is the tie rods but this doesnt affect the steering angle/limit if done right.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Genuine kia bushings. The whole arm costs an arm and leg. Baka ndi maayos sayang lang pera. There might be something that is causing this. Disc brakes and calipers were already checked. So hindi siya issue sa brakes.

which shop are you going to for suspension alignment? are you in metro manila? there are several shops that use hunter alignment systems that might diagnose your vehicle alignment better.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    which shop are you going to for suspension alignment? are you in metro manila? there are several shops that use hunter alignment systems that might diagnose your vehicle alignment better.
    meron malapit sa pasig bro?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast