New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1782 of 3914 FirstFirst ... 168217321772177817791780178117821783178417851786179218321882 ... LastLast
Results 17,811 to 17,820 of 39136
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Washing your nose with povidine-iodine...

Widespread use of PVP-I nasal antiseptic in patients prior to intranasal procedures could significantly decrease risk of virus transmission via droplet and aerosol spread.'

They add that clinicians could instruct patients to rinse their noses with PVP-I before appointments or procedures to avoid spread in waiting rooms or other common areas.

What's more, researchers say this could lower the risk of someone contracting a severe case of COVID-19 by decreasing the viral load that travels to the lungs.

'Povidone-iodine nasal irrigation may be beneficial for the population at large as an adjunct to mask usage as a means of virus mitigation,' the authors wrote.

However, don't try this at home. The teams says this nasal wash is best done under clinical supervision.
    Swabbing coronavirus with iodine for 15 seconds completely kills it in the lab | Daily Mail Online
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 18th, 2020 at 11:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    mag-mask na lang tayo nang tama.
    it's relatively painless.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Never ba in history ng Philippines nakapag import tayo ng ganyan ka temperature sensitive na commodities or products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ultra-low temp transport and storage equipment have been available in the market for decades now.
    the trick is to administer the vaccine in the fastest possible time once withdrawn from storage....

i am thinking, researchers are settling for these very-low-temp vaccines, because they do not have the luxury of time to look for another vaccine.
    i am confident, later vaccines will not be as temperature-dependent.
    it's just a matter of time.

Not at temperatures this low

para hindi puro opinion ko lang... sino ba naman ako diba? just another guy on the internet with an opinion...

Ultra-cold freezers are suddenly a hot commodity.

One of the most advanced US coronavirus vaccines, created by Pfizer in partnership with BioNTech, has to be stored at -70° Celsius (-94° Fahrenheit), or around 30°C colder than the North Pole in winter. It’s far from certain that the vaccine will be approved for widespread distribution. But if it is, very few freezers go that cold.

“There’s no precedent for vaccines to be stored at that low of a temperature,” says Soumi Saha, a pharmacist and director of advocacy at Premier, which arranges healthcare purchases for hospitals, nursing homes, and other providers. Most vaccines are transported along the cold chain network at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F), with the odd vaccine requiring temperatures as low as -25°C (-13°F.)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Not at temperatures this low

para hindi puro opinion ko lang... sino ba naman ako diba? just another guy on the internet with an opinion...
    I guess then they don't have the right infrastructure and capacity to vaccinate short life vaccines. Paano pa yung mga rural areas sa red states...?

Pfizer has created containers that will keep about 1,000 to 5,000 doses at -75°C (plus or minus 15°) for 10 days, kept cold with dry ice. The company is also partnering with UPS to build two freezer farms, one in Louisville, Kentucky and the other in the Netherlands, that can house 48,000 vials of vaccine at -80°C (-112°F.)

Once the vaccines have thawed, they can be kept in the fridge for five days—but this time can be quickly eaten up in the commute. “If the product’s only good for 10 days and it takes two or three to get to a rural community, you’ve already lost 30% of the time frame that product is viable,” says Saha.

This set-up will create considerable pressure to send out hundreds of vaccines every day. “The transport costs would be extremely high,” says Prashant Yadav, a healthcare supply chains expert at Harvard Medical School.
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 18th, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I guess then they don't have the right infrastructure and capacity to vaccinate short life vaccines. Paano pa yung mga rural areas sa red states...?
    yep and that's the US

pano pa 3rd world Pinas?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yep and that's the US

pano pa 3rd world Pinas?
    Masyado kayo Debbie downer, Pilipinas pa!? Lahat pwede kahit palpak. China Corona Virus Outbreak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit pala hindi nalang mag develop ng disinfecting spray na safe for humans na ikabit sa ceilings or upper walls, then mag timed release/spray to kill off viruses in the air and on surfaces?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/h...pfizer-follows

Paging China, Russia, how about your vaccine trial blueprints?

Pa share naman

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wonder,
    has an anti-masker fallen victim to covid and declared an about-face?

Idaho pastor, Paul Van Noy, skeptical of masks lands in the ICU for Covid-19 - CNN

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Moderna shares COVID-19 vaccine trial blueprints, Pfizer follows | Philstar.com

Paging China, Russia, how about your vaccine trial blueprints?

Pa share naman

nakita ko ung kay Moderna

135 pages nga....

China Corona Virus Outbreak