Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    for budget wifi router go with tenda.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hi peeps,

Ano pong maganda these days? i'm not really after the most cutting edge stuff, basta maganda coverage.

i've bought Asus RT-N10, TP-LINK WR-642 and a Linksys WRT320 -- pumapalya lahat: signal strength tends to fluctuate, unexplained packet loss, etc.

Budget max. is 5k; i'm really tempted to get the higher end ones(e.g. Asus Dark Knight series) but something tells me i really don't need anything that high-tech.

tia

Often times it is how the WIFI ROUTER is installed and configured (or not configured) that can be the cause of the problem.

Signal strength can suddenly drop if there are dense or thick walls or items between you and the router. To minimize this, it is recommended to install the wifi router at a high location with good line of sight between you and the router with minimal blockage.

You can also get better signal performance if you upgrade your "G" router to "N" router. Also going for a router with more antennas can increase the signal strength. There are routers with two or three antennas which would provide a stronger signal. Or you can try a taller replacement antenna but my experience the signal gains for these upgrade is only marginal at best.

My home wifi router is something like this:

It's a TPLINK 300-N-WIFI router with three antennas. I have it mounted high on a wall. I don't have any issues with dropped signals at my condo except in my kitchen.

BTW, best to scan your area to see what existing wifi signals are there and what channels are being used. When you configure your router, make sure the channel it is using does not have the same number as another router. Having the same channel can cause interferance and a general slow down in data speeds.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

sir GH, what do you mean by channels? saan ba makikita kung anong channel ang gamit?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

sir GH, what do you mean by channels? saan ba makikita kung anong channel ang gamit?
    Channels is a frequency setting that allows more users on a radio frequency without interference. It is like having different FM radio stations to choose from.

The CHANNEL setting would be found in the wireless settings of your router. There would be 12 or 13 channels available to choose from. Default would usually be AUTO or channel 7. Usually AUTO setting would be okay most of the time. Best to check with a wifi scanner if you want to manually set the channel.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

okay sir GH check ko na lang ang pagka alam ko kasi may 4 ports lang sa likod ng router pero wala ako matandaan na you could switch channels.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Linksys ot TP-link user here. Just make sure na nakakabit sa UPS or may AVR man lang router mo at wifi and you're assured of many years of reliable service.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^

okay sir GH check ko na lang ang pagka alam ko kasi may 4 ports lang sa likod ng router pero wala ako matandaan na you could switch channels.

It happened that I initially had good reception and speed for my wifi network at home. Then over a year later, I was experiencing network slow down and some sudden disconnect/connect events (I sometimes watch movies streamed from my download server). I checked my wifi signals and discovered two strong wifi signals with one having the same channel number as my own wifi. I changed the channel and the problem was fixed.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^

bro, you can change the channels sa configuration ng router. sa software side, ika nga.... hindi sya physical setting.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    weird yung nangyayari sa Linksys WRT320N ko: i made sure it was using an uncrowded channel, yet lumalabas na poor yung signal kahit pinatong ko na yung tablet sa router. i keep getting authentication errors, or the devices would simply refuse to connect. Halos lahat ng devices ganun ang behavior so tingin ko router me problema.

Then there'e the sudden packet loss that comes and goes. i doubt if the cabling's the problem.

i've hooked it up to an AVR just in case, ganun pa rin. Kinda miffed coz i shelled out around 3k for it, tapos pumapalya pa. Maflash kaya ng DD-WRT?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Panget ang linksys wrt320n, mas maganda pa yung mga entry level ng tenda, edimax at netgear.. Mas malakas signal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast