New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    OT

With our LCD TV, I bought a Samsung "HDTV compliant" DVD Player instead of the expensive BD players. These sets are capable (kuno) of "up converting" DVD discs to either 720p/1080i/1080p.

However, I can't see the difference between the results of playing DVDs via the component video and HDMI. Parang parehas lang video quality nya.......
    Is the model of your DVD player DVD-F1080? I saw this in Samsung's website. Now I am starting to think if the home theater that comes along with the purchase of the 32" LCD will perform the same thing as yours. Basing from their site, both player's descriptions are almost the same. Anyways, I am not really into watching movies at home so I am not that affected with regards to that. Though I wanna try an HD movie and see what's the fuss is all about.

I want a Blue ray player but I still don't have budget for that. I inquired in Sights and Sound, their Samsung BD-P1500 is 22k and their Panasonic is 30k. Expensive.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ PS3 na lang Sir......

My Samsung DVD is the old HD860. I don't know about the other DVD players, but with this model, you can also adjust the color and brightness levels aside from the LCD player itself. Kaya maganda yung quality ng picture.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; December 10th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ PS3 na lang Sir......

My Samsung DVD is the old HD860. I don't know about the other DVD players, but with this model, you can also adjust the color and brightness levels aside from the LCD player itself. Kaya maganda yung quality ng picture.
    Yup, PS3 nalang. It's around 23k to 26k depending on where you'll buy it. Pwede ka pang mag laro.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Yup, PS3 nalang. It's around 23k to 26k depending on where you'll buy it. Pwede ka pang mag laro.
    -mga sirs, nawala ako, anu po yung "PS3"? thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    those HD-ready, HD 1080p ready, Full HD 1080p are really really confusing to a new buyer of lcd. syempre, the goal of a buyer is future proofing. yun nga lang ewan ko lang ko ma-future proof pera kakabili ng mamahalin discs hehehe

the sony bravia I bought at shang is full HD1080p, but I doubt i will be buying blu ray discs soon or even downloading large .mkv files for this lcd. an mkv file is around 7GB per movie. isang buong series na ito ng 24 or Prison break. 3 days antayin ko per movie wag na lang hehehe

kaya nga even sa mga computer lcd's hindi na ako mapili, naka-Chimei lang ako hehehehe. murang-mura pero 3 years warranty. imagine a 19" wala pang 7K sa gilmore
    I agree with you, it's really so confusing. I have done lots of comparisons between those LCDs and one thing I have noticed, their features are almost identical, they just call it differently. Even in user reviews all over the net, some of them are saying that "brand X" is the best they have ever had while some say it's the worst that they ever had. That's why in the end, it's still the customer's decision if he's willing to spend or gamble his money for the said brand and model.

"ewan ko lang ko ma-future proof pera kakabili ng mamahalin discs hehehe" - hehe Oo nga, sa sobrang mahal ng player, for sure sobrang mahal din ng mga discs.

"the sony bravia I bought at shang is full HD1080p, but I doubt i will be buying blu ray discs soon or even downloading large .mkv files for this lcd. an mkv file is around 7GB per movie. isang buong series na ito ng 24 or Prison break. 3 days antayin ko per movie wag na lang hehehe"
    - Halos pareho tayo. I am not willing to spend yet on that very expensive player nor download movie anytime soon. For the reason that I barely watch movies at home. I couldn't even recall the last time I watch a movie using my player since I always go to cinema. Grabe, 7gb per movie!? Tapos after downloading, isang beses mo lang papanoorin.hehe Kanya kanyang hilig lang talaga. Pero syempre, iba padin talaga pag ang tv mo is an LCD and full HD.

Kumusta naman ang performance ng Chimei?hehe In my other post I am contemplating of buying an LCD monitor too. Kaso lang Samsung and LG un. Pero mura ung 7k for a 19".

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    -mga sirs, nawala ako, anu po yung "PS3"? thanks
    Playstation 3. It also a Blue Ray player and at the same time a game console so in case you're thinking of buying a Blue Ray player for 22k, why not just buy a Sony Playstation 3 instead. You could have both worlds - watch HD movies and play games.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Less than 20K lang ang PS3 ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    As far as I know, only National Geographic offers an HD show but not all. There was a time I saw one of their shows that has an HD on it. Other than NGC, I don't know any.

That's why they're saying that you couldn't really see the full potential of a 1080p resolution unless you buy an HD DVD or you have a Blue Ray disc player which is so expensive.

so the TS wll not enjoy high def over his new LCD kung watching news and HBO movies or other channels sa cable since they were not broadcast in HD.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    do our cable companies able to re-transmit the true HD to our tv's? don't they need to reupgrade their system? baka naman aspect ratio nalang.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Less than 20K lang ang PS3 ;)
    Saan? I inquired in Circuit City and Sights and Sounds, their prices range from 23k to 28k, depending on their promo. So expensive!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
32" HD Ready vs 32" Full HD