New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For clarity sake (and feel free to correct me or concur):

Normal TV resolution - 480p for NTSC / 576p for PAL
    XGA/WXGA resolution - 720p (Common resolution for most LCD/Plasma screens)
    High Definition - 1080p

For HD ready TVs, they accept 1080p signals downsizing it to 720p. Non HD Ready TV will show a blank screen if you feed the 1080p signal into it. Again, HD would be ideal on screens 40+ inches.

If you want cheaper sets, with quality service, I would suggest you buy at Sight and Sounds sa may Edsa Shangrila Mall. There you would be able to compare LCD tvs side by side using a common source. Look for Vic and he gives great discounts.

Actually if your budget is 49K, you could buy a 37" HD ready TV for that price. And add 5k, you could buy already a 42" HD ready Plasma TV.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa 49k mo, add ka na lang ng around 5-6k. naka 42" plasma ka na...
    malupit na picture quality nito kahit hindi FULL HD.
    advice ko lang, wag ka muna bibili. research ka muna. check mo lahat ng possible options mo, to maximize your money.
    btw, drop sm appliance center/abenson/anson as your choice of store.
    tama yung sinabi ni mguy... sights and sounds or theaterworks at trinoma...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

A 32" Samsung LCD TV Series5 is P35K + P5K Samsung HTS at the Shang..... Great bargain!

Two of our engineers were able to buy this set....

7101:hooray:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pepengtom View Post
    sa 49k mo, add ka na lang ng around 5-6k. naka 42" plasma ka na...
    malupit na picture quality nito kahit hindi FULL HD.
    advice ko lang, wag ka muna bibili. research ka muna. check mo lahat ng possible options mo, to maximize your money.
    btw, drop sm appliance center/abenson/anson as your choice of store.
    tama yung sinabi ni mguy... sights and sounds or theaterworks at trinoma...
    Thanks! I would call them and ask from pricing and promos if they have.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    1080p HD ready TV's are great but I think you'll spend more on discs. sa panahon ngaun na parang MP3 na lang ang movies, 720p movies are enough for casual watching.

i've got the old 32" Samsung 32S series bought at 28K sa shang this early year, puwedeng-puwede na sa xvid with NMT player.

recently I bought a 40" Bravia S Series (55k lang), and i watched a downloaded Dark Knight xvid sa Tvix ko, noticeable lang ang grainy pixels sa black but it's watchable. the entire family didn't even notice it kasi first time nila maka-watch sa bigger screen

1080p's are overrated or for purists. a 1080p download is at 3GB per movie. kung bili ka naman ng blue ray halos 1k per disc. ouch.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

A 32" Samsung LCD TV Series5 is P35K + P5K Samsung HTS at the Shang..... Great bargain!

Two of our engineers were able to buy this set....

7101:hooray:

That is really a good bargain as compared to the 49,900 of SM Appliance Center. Thanks! It could save me 9k!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    1080p HD ready TV's are great but I think you'll spend more on discs. sa panahon ngaun na parang MP3 na lang ang movies, 720p movies are enough for casual watching.
    OT: Kung maganda ung movie at madaming mga extras na kasama, best pa rin ang BD disc. Pero kung bleah o walang kuwenta ung movie, hangang xvid na lang...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    why go for xvid when there's mkv and H.264? hehehehhee

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post

i've got the old 32" Samsung 32S series bought at 28K sa shang this early year, puwedeng-puwede na sa xvid with NMT player.

recently I bought a 40" Bravia S Series (55k lang), and i watched a downloaded Dark Knight xvid sa Tvix ko, noticeable lang ang grainy pixels sa black but it's watchable. the entire family didn't even notice it kasi first time nila maka-watch sa bigger screen

1080p's are overrated or for purists. a 1080p download is at 3GB per movie. kung bili ka naman ng blue ray halos 1k per disc. ouch.
    I agree with you wherein you'll spend more on discs if you wanna experience HD. And you betcha, they are so expensive! As far as I know, based from regular watching, only National Geographic offers HD shows but not all. Maybe in 5 to 10 years, that's really the time that HD shows will really become regular. Perhaps there's already a replacement with HD's by that time and for sure, I would again be in the market scouting for a new TV to replace my aging soon to be LCD TV.

Anyways, thanks to those people who told me about Sights and Sounds in Shangri La. I called them a while ago and they have the Samsung full HD and it only cost 37k + 5k if I want the entertaintment system. That is way better compared to the 49,900 that SM Appliance Center is offering. So I guess I will stick with the one that has 1080p then.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    why go for xvid when there's mkv and H.264? hehehehhee
    Katakot-takot ung hintay pag download. At tagal bago ma-release sa BD ma-rip to mkv files.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
32" HD Ready vs 32" Full HD