New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I already bought the 32" Samsung full HD. I went to Edsa Shangri la today. It cost me 40k flat. 35k for the tv + 5k for the home theater. Picture quality, it's just ok. It's kinda pixilated and somewhat blurry since it made the screen bigger. This is the problem since our cable companies here are still analog. I'll just wait until I find a show that's HD for me to really experience the 1080p or probably if budget permits, I'll just buy a blue ray disc player.

All in all, if you're looking for a bang for the buck LCD tv, this is a good buy.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Playstation 3. It also a Blue Ray player and at the same time a game console so in case you're thinking of buying a Blue Ray player for 22k, why not just buy a Sony Playstation 3 instead. You could have both worlds - watch HD movies and play games.
    -sorry mga sirs, nawala talaga ako... ksi ang alam kong usapan ay 32" LCD TV, tapos biglang napunta sa PS3 kaya ko natanong kung ano yung PS3, nasa DVD na pala ang usapan... hay naku,,, sori po...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    so the TS wll not enjoy high def over his new LCD kung watching news and HBO movies or other channels sa cable since they were not broadcast in HD.
    Yup, very true.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    -sorry mga sirs, nawala talaga ako... ksi ang alam kong usapan ay 32" LCD TV, tapos biglang napunta sa PS3 kaya ko natanong kung ano yung PS3, nasa DVD na pala ang usapan... hay naku,,, sori po...
    Kung titignan mo ang flow ng conversation, merong part doon na na out of thread and nagtanong si chua_riwap about his/her dvd player na parang wala namang difference sa full HD tv niya. Then my answer is something that has a connection with the home theater system since basing from Samsung's website, almost same lang sila ng description which is upconverting dvd into 720/1080 etc. Since hindi naman pala un ung model, sinabi ni chua_riwap na PS3 nalang.

Kaya napunta sa PS3 is because isa un sa mga ways to experience high definition kasi it has the capability to play blue ray discs.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    so the TS wll not enjoy high def over his new LCD kung watching news and HBO movies or other channels sa cable since they were not broadcast in HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    do our cable companies able to re-transmit the true HD to our tv's? don't they need to reupgrade their system? baka naman aspect ratio nalang.
    That's the sad thing about buying an LCD TV here, (worse fullHD).... Generally speaking, you cannot enjoy it on our regular cable broadcast...... At least in other countries, there are legislations to convert to digital broadcast.....

7101:hooray:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    That's the sad thing about buying an LCD TV here, (worse fullHD).... Generally speaking, you cannot enjoy it on our regular cable broadcast...... At least in other countries, there are legislations to convert to digital broadcast.....

Very true. I am already experiencing it.hehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The only way for us Filipinos now to enjoy HD is through movies (either BluRay, the defunct HD-DVD, or via MKV H.264 HD files). The cable companies here suck.

Downloading HD movies/docu movies, isn't really that long (sometimes half a day lang), besides, you can use a laptop to use as a downloader machine, or a Network Storage box with built-in ******* downloader.

For now, I just use a computer connected to the tv to watch HD. I dunno but I find it better watching movies on the TV compared to the computer (my monitor's max res is 1920 x 1440 so it's not about the res). There's something different I can't identify at this time. hehe

I tell you, watching HDs is soooo nice to the eyes.

>

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The only way for us Filipinos now to enjoy HD is through movies (either BluRay, the defunct HD-DVD, or via MKV H.264 HD files). The cable companies here suck.

Downloading HD movies/docu movies, isn't really that long (sometimes half a day lang), besides, you can use a laptop to use as a downloader machine, or a Network Storage box with built-in ******* downloader.

For now, I just use a computer connected to the tv to watch HD. I dunno but I find it better watching movies on the TV compared to the computer (my monitor's max res is 1920 x 1440 so it's not about the res). There's something different I can't identify at this time. hehe

I tell you, watching HDs is soooo nice to the eyes.

>
    hhhmmmmmmm... The way you said your last sentence made me think of buying a blue ray player.hehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    At least in other countries, there are legislations to convert to digital broadcast.....

there is, i'm not sure with the exact year i think its 2015. There is an NTC order that would require all broadcast stations to switchover to Digital SD Broadcasts. I think the only thing being debated right now is which compression standard to use, Euro(DVB), Japan(ISDB) or US (ATSC)standards. Pero from the chismis that I have gathered it seems na DVB tayo. Kaya if the tuner of the full HD tv set that you are buying is not DVB, you would still have to get a box to enjoy your digital broadcasts

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Originally Posted by OiC65

^&^^^^
    yung dream satellite po ba kaya HD broadcast na ang NATGEO

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
32" HD Ready vs 32" Full HD