New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mad max ang design ng jeepney dito sa tin. It should be outlawed because it can pierce thru regular cars on accidient collisions. The passengers aint safe either, coz the same metal / stainless can pierce thru their body inside the jeep.

Dito pa lang dapat na iphaseout sng jeepney coz it doesnt match our progress. A progressive country ensures public safety of all.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    The jeepney does not maintain it's self but rather humans. If the human (driver /owner) does not do it's job right, don't expect the jeepney to correct it self. If humans put a gas fed engine on a jeepney, will it be a smoke belcher ? If the engine is religiously maintained, will it be a smoke belcher ?
    errr... the e-jeepney i refer to, does not sport a fossil fuel-burning engine. it can't belch out smoke...
    the only pollution it can possibly give out, is small amounts of ozone.

regular jeepneys..?
    lulusot, kung palulusutin.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 30th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbootz View Post
    I don't agree including tricycles unless there is a better alternative. I live in Imus Cavite and I can't imagine the problem it would create to the ordinary Timawa's like me if the tricycle will be phased out without a better replacement.

And no, I don't own a tricycle.
    Punta kayo sa Pasig Palengke to Pinagbuhatan. Daang libo ata ang traysikel.

Ok naman sana ang jeep at traysikel kung may standards. Idagdag na rin ang driving skills ng mga mas maraming bobong drayber. Sorry for the term pero daming bobong public transportation drivers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    london taxi?
    philippine jeepney!
    yey!
    Parang ganyan. I think mas maganda tignan.. pinaka mahalaga ay mukang bago lagi ang jeep. Always on good shape in and out. Walang gas gas at tagpi.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Tanda ko pa nung banggain ang frontier na dala ko ng tricycle sa likod. Puno ang trike, speeding so talo ang preno ng inertia. Tumilapon ang pasahero nya, nakupi ang stainless bumper ko, pero ang kaha nya walang galos.

Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Mad max ang design ng jeepney dito sa tin. It should be outlawed because it can pierce thru regular cars on accidient collisions. The passengers aint safe either, coz the same metal / stainless can pierce thru their body inside the jeep.

Dito pa lang dapat na iphaseout sng jeepney coz it doesnt match our progress. A progressive country ensures public safety of all.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Mas ok kung uniform lahat ng public transport. Kahit iba iba may ari. Naka standard lahat ng itsura. Sabihin na natin hindi mo pwd e lipat sa ibang auto ang prangkisa kung hindi sa standard design na auto. Mahirap naman obligahin na palitan lahat ng same design kaya wait na lang ma luma. Pag super dami na naman nilang bagong design e sure naman na susunod narin ang iba kasi alam na luma na auto nila. Then standard din ang seat capacity. Kasi madalas sa jeep natin yung 10 pax e pag may matabang isa e 9 pax na lang kasya. Dapat even may matabang dalawa e kasya parin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I think a Metro Manila phase out is doable. There's an existing move to replace jeepneys in Metro Manila with e-jeepneys but I think it has caught a snag, one being, is its cost, second is its unreliability. We recall the burning Comet e-jeepney last May.

One solution is a gradual phase out. First, scrap all dilapidated jeeps and move the newer ones to the provinces. The jeepney can still do its job in the provinces. Replace the jeeps with contemporary jeeps. What comes to mind is Centro, the company that makes van bodies. Replace two jeepneys with an Isuzu NHR-iVan, or i-Van for short. It's air-conditioned and can fit 16-18 passengers

If the government can spend P10B one time on APEC, what is a P10B subsidy for a long term solution to our jeepney problem? If the government spends the same amount for a "contemporary jeep" that's 8,000 units replacing 16,000 jeepneys (at P1.2 M per i-Van). If a private company can subsidize 50% of the cost, that's 16,000 i-Vans right away. You can deploy 1,000 i-Vans per Metro Manila city for starters. You can even tap outdoor advertisers to put up posters in the sides of the van and the roof. This will help reduce the overhead costs. Richer cities like Makati and Taguig who have on-going e-jeepney projects, can implement this in conjunction with their e-jeepneys.

Metro Manila can be jeepney-free. All it takes is sustainable political will to implement the phase-out.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The jeepney is a product of pinoy ingenuity from an army surplus jeep that rides 4 passenger to a passenger jeepney that now can accommodate up to 21 passengers.

The jeepney is blamed for pollution and cause of traffic etc...and that is a product of pinoy stupidity.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ^Wow this guy is smart.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    The jeepney is a product of pinoy ingenuity from an army surplus jeep that rides 4 passenger to a passenger jeepney that now can accommodate up to 21 passengers.

The jeepney is blamed for pollution and cause of traffic etc...and that is a product of pinoy stupidity.
    Resourceful ang mga pinoy noong gera. Ginawang pampasada ang mga iniwan ng amerikano. Tapos ano na? Nastuck na dun

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast