New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 131 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Not sure where you can buy surplus fuse box of our dear Vanette, bro. You can try Evangelista or Banawe....

Anyway, you can use a non-Vanette fuse box and just mount it properly. There is nothing special about the fuse box....

9303:grin2:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Not sure where you can buy surplus fuse box of our dear Vanette, bro. You can try Evangelista or Banawe....

Anyway, you can use a non-Vanette fuse box and just mount it properly. There is nothing special about the fuse box....

Pwede pala kahit hindi Vanette, honestly I don't know that. I only know few things about car because I am outside the Philippines and just learn to drive only for a year. I will call my wife and will ask he to replace it immediately.. Thanks for the info bro...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

On the E10,- I guess you mean that there is no issue with the way the van drives, right? Have you inspected the fuel lines and the carb? I am just benchmarking with you, because I myself have not felt any degradation in the van's performance nor seen any physical manifestation with using E10....TIA.
    9202:toothbrush:
    Correct. In my case, driving E10 is the same as in driving the old Unleaded.
    No, I have not inspected the internals of my van, since I don't know anything about that stuff.
    I just stick to the regular 5k kms tuneup/changeoil, and let the mechanic tell me what to look out for.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by colcol1011 View Post
    Pwede pala kahit hindi Vanette, honestly I don't know that. I only know few things about car because I am outside the Philippines and just learn to drive only for a year. I will call my wife and will ask he to replace it immediately.. Thanks for the info bro...
    Sa kin din sunog na, ginagawan lang ng paraan ng electrician, kaya ok pa rin hanggang ngayon. Nagpa-canvass na ko dati sa Banawe at meron naman nakita. Less than 2k. I don't know the exact place, and I forgot the exact price.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by =NismO= View Post
    just wanna share... i just converted my vanette to lpg. Grabe sobrang laki ng natitipid ko! almost 50% savings! yeah! before pag sinusundo ko si misis 250pesos ang karga ko sa gas, but now 120pesoos na lang on lpg! yeah! hehehe
    Uy pareho tayo! ... ng natitipid!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I tried filling up the Vanette with Petron-Blaze (still pure gasoline AFAIK), and guess what?- There is some level of hesitation on the ride when accelerating! I guess the vehicle's engine is not tolerant of high octane gasoline....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smdelfin View Post
    Sa kin din sunog na, ginagawan lang ng paraan ng electrician, kaya ok pa rin hanggang ngayon. Nagpa-canvass na ko dati sa Banawe at meron naman nakita. Less than 2k. I don't know the exact place, and I forgot the exact price.

For my case, the fuseholder of my A/C got whacked, when the compressor was acting up some years ago and I kept on using it, as it was intermittent anyway and we were on travel (until it gave up on us).

Anyway, the electrician just removed the connection from the original fusebox-holder and installed a solitary fuse holder for the A/C.

It also gave me the opportunity to convert from R12 to R134a, and to reposition the second condenser (heat exchanger) to underneath the seat of the front passenger.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir bongskie, talaga bang kailangan pang painitin yung makina bago gamitin, yung sa akin kasi (93 model) every time gagamitin ko basta mga 8hrs na d umaandar (engine off) kailangan ko muna paandarin engine start) or painitin yung makina ng mga 5-10 mins kasi namamatayan sya, kahit nasa 1 na yung menor nya ganun pa din.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    guys ask ko lang, bakit ganun yung headlight ko, pag unang bukas ok naman sya then pag pinatay ko then binuksan ko ulit mawawala na yung right side. then mga after 1-2mins bigla na lang sya magkakaron. then yung high beam ko totaly nawala na. pati yung sa panel gauge na indicator ng hi-beam nawala na.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelszky View Post
    sir bongskie, talaga bang kailangan pang painitin yung makina bago gamitin, yung sa akin kasi (93 model) every time gagamitin ko basta mga 8hrs na d umaandar (engine off) kailangan ko muna paandarin engine start) or painitin yung makina ng mga 5-10 mins kasi namamatayan sya, kahit nasa 1 na yung menor nya ganun pa din.

Same is true with my 98 Vanette baby, bro, eversince I acquired it more than a decade ago....

I did not research if there is a fix.