New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Likely a (starting to be) faulty battery. Vehicles not used for quite a long time than usual and the battery connections were not removed would tend to take it's toll on a weakening battery. If the battery is proven to be new, you would not see the effect even if not used for weeks --- But if the battery proven new (less than 6 mos since purchase) you may have a bad case of a grounded wire somewhere.

I suggest you go to a reputable battery shop and have your battery's condition checked.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Likely a (starting to be) faulty battery. Vehicles not used for quite a long time than usual and the battery connections were not removed would tend to take it's toll on a weakening battery. If the battery is proven to be new, you would not see the effect even if not used for weeks --- But if the battery proven new (less than 6 mos since purchase) you may have a bad case of a grounded wire somewhere.

I suggest you go to a reputable battery shop and have your battery's condition checked.
    thanks sir! by the way, battery is 2mon/old pa lang. have it check tomorrow.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I recently have my eyes on a 1998 Vanette Grand Coach. It's gas-fed and missing driver's side body stickers.

Here's what I have in mind: is the diesel engine of the surplus Vanette (ex-Japan) "bolt-on" to the local gas-fed version? What about the transmission?

RE:Stickers, is there anyway I could get them?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Bro., that is a good idea.... However, I am not certain if it is "plug and play".... Bumping this up for the experts to comment....

8505:bat:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cc81352 View Post
    thanks sir! by the way, battery is 2mon/old pa lang. have it check tomorrow.

ok na vanette ko, sunog lang na contact point

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ Bro., that is a good idea.... However, I am not certain if it is "plug and play".... Bumping this up for the experts to comment....

Oo nga eh. Nakakkita kse ako ng ad sa Tsikot dati na local na Vanette tapos convert sa diesel. Also, since there are imported Vanettes from Japan that is diesel-powered, gusto ko lang malaman kung "plug and play" yung conversion. hehehe! Para tipid and malakas ang torque! Diesel boy kse ako eh! hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Oo nga eh. Nakakkita kse ako ng ad sa Tsikot dati na local na Vanette tapos convert sa diesel. Also, since there are imported Vanettes from Japan that is diesel-powered, gusto ko lang malaman kung "plug and play" yung conversion. hehehe! Para tipid and malakas ang torque! Diesel boy kse ako eh! hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cc81352 View Post
    ok na vanette ko, sunog lang na contact point
    Makes sense. A burnt contact point can cause bad electrical grounding. Good to know your GC22 is up and about.

Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I highly doubt it (PLUG and PLAY) since there may (and likely) be difference on the following:

1) Engine mounts
    2) Transmission (if your are to convert the local Vanette to a diesel, you would definitely need to replace the transmission that goes with the diesel engine)
    3) Some electrical-related stuff (Heater plugs, et al)

I may be wrong with some of what I just mentioned but for sure, it's (likely) not a direct mount..... but is possible to "convert".

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I highly doubt it (PLUG and PLAY) since there may (and likely) be difference on the following:

1) Engine mounts
    2) Transmission (if your are to convert the local Vanette to a diesel, you would definitely need to replace the transmission that goes with the diesel engine)
    3) Some electrical-related stuff (Heater plugs, et al)

I may be wrong with some of what I just mentioned but for sure, it's (likely) not a direct mount..... but is possible to "convert".
    Thanks for the feedback. What I meant by "plug and play" is kung pareho lang ng engine mount yung gas and diesel engine variants for the Vanette. Although I was thinking most likely not, but I really hoping na oo. Baka sakali lang! hehehe!

Yeah, I think magkaiba ng transmission.

I believe magaling na electrician ang kailangan para dito para maayos yung wiring ng new engine.

Salamat po ule sir!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    vanette owners na may service manual pa, baka pwdeng makopya