New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Go back to the Phil? honestly speaking I don't even have the desire (for now) to visit, gastos lang, dahil mga tao sa Pinas feeling nila ikaw ang solusyon sa lahat ng problema nila financially. They think na dinadampot mo lang ang dolyar dito, dito sa america kung kakayod ka meron kang pera pero kung hindi gutom aabutin mo.
    Kawawa naman talaga ang mga tao sa Pinas. Hindi naman kami uutang at walang balak umutang sa iyo eh. :D Hehehe.

ditto! I'm still hoping pa din na someday this country will be great again. I'm not earning that much but I'm currently happy with what I have right now. I still drive a beat up corolla and have a meager cash in the bank, but I don't care, as long as I'm happy and thankful for what I have. I guess it all boils down to contentment with what you have wherever you may be.
    Nice one.

For me, if given a chance then why not.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm second-gen Fil-Am here. Even though I wasn't born in the Philippines, I have kin and friends over there. It's the land of my heritage and it'll always have a soft spot in my heart.

That said, my home is here. Uncle Sam owns me should I have to bear arms in defense of this country. Actually, I've already done my time (20 years) so it probably won't happen again. I was raised here. So no matter how much I love the Philippines, my ultimate loyalties lie here. If other Pinoys have a problem with that, then I'll just have to live with it to my dying days.

For those Pinoys on work visas, it's no problem regarding the Philippines as the motherland.

For those immigrating, think carefully about what you're doing. You're not just going abroad to make money. You're giving up a large part of your loyalty to the Philippines and transferring that loyalty to your adopted country. If you think otherwise, then you're immigrating for the wrong reasons.

For some, it'll be akin to burning bridges and not looking back. When I returned here, I thought I was done with the Philippines for good. But you know, I just can't turn my back on my friends or my kin over there. The best memories of my life was in the Philippines. The ties simply endure.....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Why? Sa akin lang for safety purposes not so much financially but to get away from threats like kidnappings and other bad things.

Where? Anywhere basta ideal living conditions. Although I grew up in the states being a navy brat, I find Canada a more simpler and easier place to live in and the people here are much more friendlier than anywhere else.
    And did I mention the women here are so hot hot hot.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    You are right there are several threads... lately napag-isip-isip ko kung bakit gusto ko pa ring bumalik kahit na nandito na ako.

Buhay pa kasi ang magulang ko. And they have maybe 10-15 years to live. And they are still in the Philippines. They can visit, but no more than 6 months. I would like to spend time with them, and for my daughter to get to know them as well, while they're still alive. When they're gone, they're gone forever. After that, we will see.

The other reasons are: 1) other family; 2) friends (who are like family as well); 3) property.

I am away on temporary work permit with my wife and daughter. I am here because I haven't tried it. The money was secondary. As always, plans change. Nothing is etched in stone. Ask me again in 5 years. And yes I still pray someday the Philippines will be a great country, but some things are just beyond your control.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; April 29th, 2006 at 09:34 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hindi ko alam pero while reading some of your posts, ewan ko ba, bakit parang kumakabog dibdib ko, hehe, pwera biro. kumakabog na di ko ma explain.......

pero ako kahit saan, basta maginhawa maibigay kong buhay sa pamilya ko, ayos. tatlo pa lang naman kami.

ay! nanay at tatay ko pa nga pala, shi*t! apat na kapatid ko pa nga pala....tsk tsk tsk, haay buhay pinoy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    my dad really had no choice but to migrate to the US. we were dirt poor in the philippines and our future was, at best, bleak. we did not hit it rich here in the US, but we're not scrounging for food either. i think people have it wrong when it comes to the term "flowing with milk and honey". to me, it means opportunity. yes, this land is flowing with milk and honey, but you still have to gather them. they don't go directly to your mouth.
    Last edited by wren; April 29th, 2006 at 02:40 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i just got here in NY last week....to permanently migrate is what i have in mind.....i just got married last february and im hoping that my wife and I could have a secure life here in the US. im planning to work and to study MBA part time here in NY....

the reason i left the philippines and is thinking of migrating here is not becoz of financial difficulties.....in fact, mayaman ang mga magulang ko and my siblings and I could live a good life in manila even without working for the rest of our lives.....may mga small business akong iiwanan sa manila...

i have been to almost every country in the world......europe, asia and north america napuntahan ko na...i noticed that i get attracted to countries where the politicians are doing everything they can to make a difference in the life of their fellow countrymen......ganyan dito sa US, pati sa Japan, korea and most western europe countries...mahal ng mga politiko ang mga kababayan nila at di sila kakandidato para makapag-nakaw ng pera hindi gaya sa atin sa pilipinas......

sabi ng isang barkada ko, forever empleyado daw ako dito at 2nd class citizen lang.....gago daw ako for leaving Manila.....well, it just so happens that im not happy in the philippines anymore and all I am asking is from people who know me is to respect my decision to migrate and just be supportive and happy for me....

im hoping to be able to migrate here but deep inside, i will always be filipino no matter what

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    i just got here in NY last week....to permanently migrate is what i have in mind.....i just got married last february and im hoping that my wife and I could have a secure life here in the US. im planning to work and to study MBA part time here in NY....

the reason i left the philippines and is thinking of migrating here is not becoz of financial difficulties.....in fact, mayaman ang mga magulang ko and my siblings and I could live a good life in manila even without working for the rest of our lives.....may mga small business akong iiwanan sa manila...

i have been to almost every country in the world......europe, asia and north america napuntahan ko na...i noticed that i get attracted to countries where the politicians are doing everything they can to make a difference in the life of their fellow countrymen......ganyan dito sa US, pati sa Japan, korea and most western europe countries...mahal ng mga politiko ang mga kababayan nila at di sila kakandidato para makapag-nakaw ng pera hindi gaya sa atin sa pilipinas......

sabi ng isang barkada ko, forever empleyado daw ako dito at 2nd class citizen lang.....gago daw ako for leaving Manila.....well, it just so happens that im not happy in the philippines anymore and all I am asking is from people who know me is to respect my decision to migrate and just be supportive and happy for me....

im hoping to be able to migrate here but deep inside, i will always be filipino no matter what
    i've always wondered why rich people from the philippines migrate to the US...now i know one of the reasons why. good for you moneywhiz, and good luck.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    tama iyon Bro Moneywhiz kung saan ka masaya gawin mo wag mo isipin kung ano ang sasabihin ng tao ,
    sabi nga nila "wala pwede mag drive ng buhay mo kundi sarili mo din" ,
    as long as wala ka nasasagasaan or natatapakan na ibang tao ,
    sa landas na pupuntahan mo
    saludo ako sa iyo ,bigtime ka na pala dito(Pinas) pero tinalikuran mo pa din

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if I am as rich as you *moneywhiz, pupunta din ako sa NY at tatambay ako sa wall street 5 days a week hehehe.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Thinking of migrating?  or already a migrant?