New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Why?

Where?

Reading a few threads about Pinoys migrating to other countries, makes me wonder about what are your reasons for doing, or planning to do, so.

For those who have taken the plunge:

Would you recommend this life-changing event to anyone? Are you satisfied with with your decision for doing so? Will you go back to the Philippines? How do you feel when some members of our society label you as 'deserters'? Have you regretted your decision, or have your ever thought that you made a mistake?

So you've taken the plunge, are you going the whole nine yards by being a citizen of your chosen country? Why? Why not? What if your chosen country doesn't allow dual-citizenship? Would it affect your decision?

For those planning/working on it:

How do you feel about starting all over again? How about language and cultural differences in your target country? Having second thoughts?

I know I may be opening a can of worms with this topic but I believe that any topic, no matter how controversial, if discussed in a civil and respectful manner, is a measure of how truly open our society is.

So fire away...

edit: added some more questions...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my parents decided to migrate because of my younger sisters..education ang pinaka reason nila.

sobrang hirap mag umpisa..daming kailangan bayaran.start from scratch.swallow your pride.

dad ko businessman sa pinas.dito sa canada wala pa siyang trabaho. investor lang.

yung kasabay namin lawyer ng sikat na fastfood chain jan.dito server siya ng same company.

yung isa naman sucessful businessman din jan...dito clerical jobs ang ginagawa.

all have the same reason: education ng children nila.life of their children. i dont know..maybe i dont fully understand because im not yet a parent.

i know some of you sasabihin na "ok naman sa up...sa ateneo..sa lasalle..or wherever..."

but they have different perceptions talaga eh. lumalabas ngayon walang tama at mali. nung una nakikipag talo pa ako sa kanila...kasi ko personally i dont wanna go here.

but then...kaniya kaniya talagang opinion sa buhay eh.
    Last edited by GlennSter; April 28th, 2006 at 12:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i've taken the plunge and never looked back since. kung ikukumpara ko talaga, ok na ok kesa diyan sa atin kasi somehow ramdam mo ang binayad mo sa tax. dito walang masyadong pila, accessible at malilinis ang toilet, maraming parks na puwede mong i-enjoy with your kids at may mga benefits din from gov kung wala kang trabaho.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Worth it, won't exchange it (green card) even for 10M PHP.

Deserter? So what who the f*ck cares, I just know at the end of the day I have a fatter bank account a nicer ride and a happier life. In the Phil can't even dream of buying a decent SUV, here, hell I can go to the local Lexus dealer and get one even tom.

Go back to the Phil? honestly speaking I don't even have the desire (for now) to visit, gastos lang, dahil mga tao sa Pinas feeling nila ikaw ang solusyon sa lahat ng problema nila financially. They think na dinadampot mo lang ang dolyar dito, dito sa america kung kakayod ka meron kang pera pero kung hindi gutom aabutin mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Deserter? So what who the f*ck cares, I just know at the end of the day I have a fatter bank account a nicer ride and a happier life. In the Phil can't even dream of buying a decent SUV, here, hell I can go to the local Lexus dealer and get one even tom.
    +1

kaya gusto ko rin mag migrate hehe :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Technically, nagmigrate na ako dito hehe di ako taga rito eh... But if may dumapo na opportunity that's hard to pass, won't even think twice coz providing for my family comes first.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will be migrating soon, mixed emotions natutuwa at natatakot

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Go back to the Phil? honestly speaking I don't even have the desire (for now) to visit, gastos lang, dahil mga tao sa Pinas feeling nila ikaw ang solusyon sa lahat ng problema nila financially. They think na dinadampot mo lang ang dolyar dito, dito sa america kung kakayod ka meron kang pera pero kung hindi gutom aabutin mo.
    di naman lahat ng tao dito Sa Pinas ganun bro. baka mga kamag anak mo lang yun

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm still contemplating. I'm doing OK here so far but I always think I can do more outside the country.

It's a pinoy thing not to leave their comfort zone.

For example: A son gets married but he moves in to his wife's parent's house or vice versa. Para makatipid. Or ayaw lang talagang sumugal at gumastos kung magsasarili. It's more of a comfort thing than a challenge.

My kudos to all Pinoys who made it big in foreign lands.

I wish I'm like you. Driven and hardworking.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    last resort ko na talaga migration. I have relatives in L.A. area na pinondohan ng dad ko late 90's pa. ngaun kahit papano nakaka-settle na. noon, nagseselos kami sa kanila, kasi nga naman pambili lang ng kung anu-ano tinatawag pa dito eh sila na nga nasa US. ngaun, I understand why my dad did all of it, para may matakbuhan kami magkakapatid if ever lumalala na ng husto Pilipins. and from the looks it, ganun na nga talaga direction ...

but my heart says otherwise pa din. i want to play along with what's happening here in country. there are different kinds of pinoys. some have low risk tolerance and can only be productive if there is an atmosphere of order and hope and so they venture in other developed countries. am just training myself on the opposite of that just like other pinoys who have had success here. maybe it's the key ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Thinking of migrating?  or already a migrant?