New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I agree. And the drama was classic. "You work on commission, right? Big mistake! " while showing the shopping bags to the sales associate. Just like Clanker's boss. :-)
    Finally.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Your boss acted how a whore would when the ego is bruised

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Cath, as they say, you can't buy class! :-D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Your boss acted how a whore would when the ego is bruised
    Seriously acted like a whore?

Is it ok to discriminate then? You get ignored by a sales person simply because you're wearing a shirt and a pants is ok? Totally your fault because you failed to impress the sales associate eh?

Sorry but no ego was bruised, he merely called the management attention. Driving with his second option did get their attention alright, betcha that sales associate will not discriminate potential buyer next time.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A whore in reference to the character of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. That was exactly what your boss did only with a car.

Personally if an SA ignores me, I would not make any effort to prove a point. Customers are mere numbers to them. And so they lost one, no big deal.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 30th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Anong insecure ba ang pinag sasabi mo?! Gusto nya talagang bumili ng WRX STI at second choice ang BMW X5, kesa naman pag pilitan nya ang sarili sya sa taong ayaw syang bentahan eh di bilhin na lang ang second choice.

Ok naman mag entertain mga tao sa BMW, that was done the same day so parehas lang ang damit na suot nya.
    Just like in the movie "Pretty Woman" where the character of Julia Roberts goes into a shop and was told to get out. Later with bags of designer items in hand she passes bynthe same shop and asks the same sales lady if she gets paid by commission, then tells her she made a big mistake shooing her away.
    Last edited by yebo; October 30th, 2014 at 12:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd say it is although I personally never experienced it during my visit last year. I wore cheap Wal-Mart shorts, t-shirt, and shoes. No watch and no phone although I always had my laptop backpack with me.

Good thing too. I have my mom's temper. If someone decided to look down on me (eg downright rude), I would've slapped down that person hard.

I also didn't have issues at airports or coming back to the US. Oh well. I probably didn't look like the typical Filipino, anyway. Even here in the US, most Pinoys think I'm Hispanic or something.

In a couple of (Fil-Am) parties, the guests stopped talking when I showed up. They stared and started whispering among themselves. One Filipina even remarked out loud to my wife that she didn't know her hubby was Mexican. Then after my wife explained everything, they all smiled and said welcome.

At the other party, they mistook me for Puerto Rican.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 30th, 2014 at 12:55 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    A whore in reference to the character of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. That was exactly what your boss did only with a car.

Personally if an SA ignores me, I would not make any effort to prove a point. Customers are mere numbers to them. And so they lost one, no big deal.
    Yeah it's ok to discriminate. Lost sale because you ignored the potential buyer because he doesn't look rich is totally ok with the management after all its no big deal.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's no big deal compared to what your boss did just to prove a point. His action reeked of insecurity.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    It's no big deal compared to what your boss did just to prove a point. His action reeked of insecurity.
    No big deal?! Really? That's not how the management looked at it after discussing it with my boss. Sales associate discriminates potential buyer and actually lost a sale as a result is no big deal... My oh my.

Insecurity? Sorry you don't know my boss.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?