New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My close friend is in real estate and works with wealthy clients. Some of her clients discriminate against their buyers. If they don't like the profile of the buyer, they don't sell. So having money is not enough to be accepted by others, some people do not be associated with certain personalities.
    Syempre they don't want to turn off other potential buyers by offering the place to "undesirables" diba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My close friend is in real estate and works with wealthy clients. Some of her clients discriminate against their buyers. If they don't like the profile of the buyer, they don't sell. So having money is not enough to be accepted by others, some people do not be associated with certain personalities.
    I've heard this before. But version I heard was that the seller (high profile conservative rich) rejected the offers because buyer had potential to use sellers name to climb up ladder. Like "etong lupang into binenta ni __ _____ sa akin". Alam mo na yun.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Yes its common. Kaya nga madami na ang SC ngayon.

Kapag nagiinquire ako sa mga car dealers parang hindi interested yung mga SA. Or kung meron man pumansin parang nagdududa pa lagi. Muka daw ako bata para bumili ng sasakyan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    How about packy, jinkee, or mommy d?
    I'd choose them over Willie any day. Thing is, everyone knows how Pacman made his money & made every pinoy proud. Di naman ganun si Willie.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I've heard this before. But version I heard was that the seller (high profile conservative rich) rejected the offers because buyer had potential to use sellers name to climb up ladder. Like "etong lupang into binenta ni __ _____ sa akin". Alam mo na yun.
    That is exactly what I mean. The wealthy clients of my friend (normally old rich) choose their buyers so my friend would give a profile of potential buyers. eg they won't sell their home to x person.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    May tita ako na ganyan, kesyo client si mayor, si congressman at kung sino sinong celebrities.

As if we care! Hehe

BTT

Deep into ourselves we do discriminate/profile other people.

Pero common sense and decency plays a big role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    May tita ako na ganyan, kesyo client si mayor, si congressman at kung sino sinong celebrities.

As if we care! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My friend is not at all that type of person. She is very modest. We just touched on how some families have lost money and gone to selling their homes but still holding on to their former glory and discriminating against new money.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just my opinion, discrimination is a human trait. Just more defined in our culture because of the centuries we spent under Spanish colonial rule. If you have worked in an environment where there are a lot of Kastilaloys, the alilà mentality prevails. We are indios in their eyes, hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Probably because he doesn't care about his image. Not all rich people give a damn if other people know they're rich. They just go about their lives not minding what others think of them.

My rich businessmen friends in the province are like this. They really don't give much thought to their image. They try to be as low profile as possible, to the point that they're as ordinary as the next guy. These guys started from humble roots and never felt the need to prove that they've made it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    it's all about blending in the background. If you flaunt your wealth too much, you become a beacon for money grabbers(a.k.a. tax collectors)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Depends. I have clients & friends from Mindanao, Cebu & Leyte. You wouldn't believe the wealth of these guys. Akala mo lang low key because of how they look & manners, but they have factories, integrated farm lands, large businesses employing a lot of workers. They also adhere to the filipino traditional trait of hospitality. They are very respectful, no matter who you are & that is very a commendable trait of theirs I would love to emmulate.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?