New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Kung alam mo lang. Dati ako ay volunteer poll watcher nung snap elections in Cory vs Marcos. Nag mi-meeting kami sa bahay ni Noggy sa San Antonio Village. Di pa noggy tawag sa kanya noon. Maliit ang bahay nya, wala pa masyadong kits noon kasi bayani lawyer dati. What I am driving at is, di naman laking yaman sya. Biglang yaman yan. Sa panahon lang ngayon, marami na talaga may am an, either self made o sa nakaw. Mahirap na iprofile.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Profiling and discrimination is pretty much alive here sa ph.sa paghanap pa lang ng work may discrimination.jobs na di naman kailangan college grad e yun ang makikita mong reqirements.i experienced this alot of times since di naman ko college grad...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    But still I managed to pull myself up regardless..pero di parin ako nagbago ng style mukhang ogag pa rin ako whenever I go to the mall and I dont mind if they dont pay attention to me coz I certainly wont be paying attwntion to them either.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    More often than not, Pinoys tend to base it from someone's race orientation. Case in point, yung term na 'mukang katulong/driver'. Diba hindi naman palagi sa pananamit natin binabase yan? Ang tao kahit gaano kapangit ang damit at gamit, nasa nagdadala pa din. Same goes to kahit gaano kaganda ang damit at gamit, kapag mukang mahirap talaga eh mabibigyan mo pa din ng label.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Kung alam mo lang. Dati ako ay volunteer poll watcher nung snap elections in Cory vs Marcos. Nag mi-meeting kami sa bahay ni Noggy sa San Antonio Village. Di pa noggy tawag sa kanya noon. Maliit ang bahay nya, wala pa masyadong kits noon kasi bayani lawyer dati. What I am driving at is, di naman laking yaman sya. Biglang yaman yan. Sa panahon lang ngayon, marami na talaga may am an, either self made o sa nakaw. Mahirap na iprofile.
    That is so true. You cannot judge a person's social and financial standings with the way he dresses.

Sana rin naman, medyo maayos lang ang damit na isuot at hindi parang 'basahan' and sorry for the lack of a better word, para hindi ma profile-an ng mga matapobre.....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Truthfully, I've never really felt it discriminated personally but I have seen it around. It's not just the Philippines as I've noticed all sorts of countries have. If I were to point out the worst, I'd probably say Hong Kong.

And when I say that I've not really felt discriminated, it's a bit of a feat since I usually under-dress. When I say under-dress, think sandos and tsinelas.. with the uber-comfy sweatpants. Somehow, this became a discussion topic in the past and it was summed up because on how I interact - the walk, talk, etc. is "different" (don't worry, I try to keep my self-ego-boosting to a minimum )

I've seen discrimination with my mom though while we were shopping at SM since talagang pangbahay usually suot niya. Yun tipong 5-year+ clothing plus a Secosana bag... until somebody sees her paying for everything with her BDO rewards card ahh.. the wonders of accumulating more points than you can spend. A TrueValue cashier once peeked at her remaining point balance tapos nahuli since she uttered an expletive out loud.. that was like a 5 minute long sermon from a very-pissed-off-mom afterwards.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; November 3rd, 2014 at 03:50 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    More often than not, Pinoys tend to base it from someone's race orientation. Case in point, yung term na 'mukang katulong/driver'. Diba hindi naman palagi sa pananamit natin binabase yan? Ang tao kahit gaano kapangit ang damit at gamit, nasa nagdadala pa din. Same goes to kahit gaano kaganda ang damit at gamit, kapag mukang mahirap talaga eh mabibigyan mo pa din ng label.
    Totoo yan. In the end mata parin ng isang matapobre ang mag huhusga.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Truthfully, I've never really felt it discriminated personally but I have seen it around. It's not just the Philippines as I've noticed all sorts of countries have. If I were to point out the worst, I'd probably say Hong Kong.

And when I say that I've not really felt discriminated, it's a bit of a feat since I usually under-dress. When I say under-dress, think sandos and tsinelas.. with the uber-comfy sweatpants. Somehow, this became a discussion topic in the past and it was summed up because on how I interact - the walk, talk, etc. is "different" (don't worry, I try to keep my self-ego-boosting to a minimum )

I've seen discrimination with my mom though while we were shopping at SM since talagang pangbahay usually suot niya. Yun tipong 5-year+ clothing plus a Secosana bag... until somebody sees her paying for everything with her BDO rewards card ahh.. the wonders of accumulating more points than you can spend. A TrueValue cashier once peeked at her remaining point balance tapos nahuli since she uttered an expletive out loud.. that was like a 5 minute long sermon from a very-pissed-off-mom afterwards.
    Panalo ang mindset ng mom mo. Low key and under the radar.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mga Blacks grabe ang discrimination sa US. Si Oprah Winfrey nga na discriminated sa Paris.
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 3rd, 2014 at 02:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May mga kilala naman ako na mas matindi ang discrimination towards Mexicans than Blacks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    & I thought interracial relationships is more accepted in France. Mexicans are discriminated against in the US because they are illegal migrants who take away jobs of Americans.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?