New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    filipino crab mentality and "pasiklab" attitude.
    happened to me and the wife shopping at SM, the wife just had chicken pox and is not fond of wearing "name brand" clothes and accessory. i was wearing jeans, t-shirt and very inexpensive shoes. we tried to get the attention of the saleslady and we were looked through as if we were invisible. we went ahead and picked up items twelve of each and overheard another saleslady "kaya kaya nila bayaran yan". we approached the cashier and asked if it was okay to pay in dollars since we don't really use the credit cards. when the salesladies saw my wallet, they changed their attitude towards us. the following day, most of the salesladies followed us around and offered their products. my reply: we don't really need their help, we will find the products we want ourselves

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    In this case, it happened in the sports lounge where you wear anything you want. Lesson is, if you don't really look rich, more so that you dress up to look rich. The rich don't even have to try, they look "it".

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just a thought but related to my previous post. Si Willie Revillame ay mayaman, but no matter how much he tries, he will never be accepted by the "rich".

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    In this case, it happened in the sports lounge where you wear anything you want. Lesson is, if you don't really look rich, more so that you dress up to look rich. The rich don't even have to try, they look "it".
    not entirely true.
    i know someone (a chinese who lives in binondo). comfortable wearing shorts and round neck shirts. pero pag nagdeposit ng pera sa bangko, isang bag.....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just a thought but related to my previous post. Si Willie Revillame ay mayaman, but no matter how much he tries, he will never be accepted by the "rich".
    Hahaha.

This made my day.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    How about packy, jinkee, or mommy d?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    not entirely true.
    i know someone (a chinese who lives in binondo). comfortable wearing shorts and round neck shirts. pero pag nagdeposit ng pera sa bangko, isang bag.....
    Probably because he doesn't care about his image. Not all rich people give a damn if other people know they're rich. They just go about their lives not minding what others think of them.

My rich businessmen friends in the province are like this. They really don't give much thought to their image. They try to be as low profile as possible, to the point that they're as ordinary as the next guy. These guys started from humble roots and never felt the need to prove that they've made it.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    filipino crab mentality and "pasiklab" attitude.
    happened to me and the wife shopping at SM, the wife just had chicken pox and is not fond of wearing "name brand" clothes and accessory. i was wearing jeans, t-shirt and very inexpensive shoes. we tried to get the attention of the saleslady and we were looked through as if we were invisible. we went ahead and picked up items twelve of each and overheard another saleslady "kaya kaya nila bayaran yan". we approached the cashier and asked if it was okay to pay in dollars since we don't really use the credit cards. when the salesladies saw my wallet, they changed their attitude towards us. the following day, most of the salesladies followed us around and offered their products. my reply: we don't really need their help, we will find the products we want ourselves
    Super duper dami mo sigurong pera na naaalala ka nung mga sales lady out of the thousands of customers they interact with each day.😏

Paying dollars in SM, so bigtime. 😏

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    How about packy, jinkee, or mommy d?
    Another SC thread in the making ......... :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My close friend is in real estate and works with wealthy clients. Some of her clients discriminate against their buyers. If they don't like the profile of the buyer, they don't sell. So having money is not enough to be accepted by others, some people do not be associated with certain personalities.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?