New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 216
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #71
    saw this on instagram...lol

    tax.jpg

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,594
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's no big deal compared to what your boss did just to prove a point. His action reeked of insecurity.
    Insecurity or childishness? He is no different from local politicos. look what a little power can do :-)

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    46,898
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Insecurity or childishness? He is no different from local politicos. look what a little power can do :-)
    same

    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    No big deal?! Really? That's not how the management looked at it after discussing it with my boss. Sales associate discriminates potential buyer and actually lost a sale as a result is no big deal... My oh my.

    Insecurity? Sorry you don't know my boss.
    A secure person would have taken the high road and let it go. All that trouble just because he got ignored? He even went as far as raising it to management? It looks like your boss likes melodramatic plots in his life. I don't need to know him to know that he is insecure. His actions speak volumes.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,648
    #74
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    same



    A secure person would have taken the high road and let it go. All that trouble just because he got ignored? He even went as far as raising it to management? It looks like your boss likes melodramatic plots in his life. I don't need to know him to know that he is insecure. His actions speak volumes.
    If that's how you look at it. Totally fine with me.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,135
    #75
    That class discrimination is also one reason why I stay away from huge Fil-Am populations. When Pinoys are few, they're very hospitable, no matter the background. When there's many of them, they start dividing up into cliques which may clash with each other because of animosities and intrigue. They start asking for your status in the PH, where you lived, what university you attended, etc.

    That's why I liked the Upstate New York area. Relatively few Pinoys. Fil-Am parties were always a blast.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 30th, 2014 at 01:06 AM.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,390
    #76
    Oh how i wish could afford an x5 😛


    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    879
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    same



    A secure person would have taken the high road and let it go. All that trouble just because he got ignored? He even went as far as raising it to management? It looks like your boss likes melodramatic plots in his life. I don't need to know him to know that he is insecure. His actions speak volumes.
    OT- It's time to see what I can do
    To test the limits and breakthrough
    No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!
    Let it go, let it go
    I am one with the wind and sky
    Let it go, let it go
    You'll never see me cry! :-)

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,648
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That class discrimination is also one reason why I stay away from huge Fil-Am populations. When Pinoys are few, they're very hospitable, no matter the background. When there's many of them, they start dividing up into cliques which may clash with each other because of animosities and intrigue. They start asking for your status in the PH, where you lived, what university you attended, etc.

    That's why I liked the Upstate New York area. Relatively few Pinoys. Fil-Am parties were always a blast.
    Indeed they do ask the same question here in the Philippines.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,735
    #79
    I don't think it will ever disappear. Well, not in our lifetimes.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,001
    #80
    Discrimination to me shows a person's own insecurity. It's funny when sales staff turn their nose up at some people. Most of the time they can't afford what they're selling. I can't imagine people working in watch retail being able to afford say a JLC or even a Rolex. Unless they're really financially irresponsible. Tapos uuwi sakay ng jeep. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but weird for someone in that position don't you think?

    I try to treat everyone the same. You never know who the person you're dealing with really is. Two of the peso billionaires I know wear sandos and slippers when they go out everyday. One gets around in a 1st gen Patrol, the other in a Miata. Wala na silang pakialam. Of course it's different if you show up grossly under dressed to a place with set dress codes. That would be rude.

    No sense in trying to imagine yourself up there with some level of class of wealth and separating yourself from another. There will always be someone with more money than you.

    It's annoying when you get treated badly or profiled for the way you look. But that shouldn't bother you. Just thank your stars you're not the other guy. Mas malaki problema nun.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?