New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 212 of 240 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Usually if it's a brand that makes model specific ones like Eibach it shouldn't have any issues assuming the tire diameter is the same as stock. You could get stiffer shocks and taller bump stops. With these, contact will be minimized and at least it's the bump stops that will take the beating, not the body.
    Thanks. Are these bump stops the same as what people call "rubber lifters?"

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Please i need your advise... i just recently discovered this on my tire... will this cause any problem or unsafe issue?
    No need to replace yet?

4 scratches but not deep...i think ka level lang ng lettering sa tire yung natuklap...TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mukhang di naman malalim, gamitan mo ng solvent cement (neltex) para di matastas rubber

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by neoson9999 View Post
    Thanks. Are these bump stops the same as what people call "rubber lifters?"
    If by rubber lifters you mean the ones that go in between the spring perch and the spring, no.

This is an example:

Some bump stops are located outside the strut assembly.

But a good set up should still rarely hit the bump stops. Best go with the lowering springs that were designed for your car with the right tire size to match.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    So I lowered my car recently. I'm quite happy with everything except for the rubbing that occurs when there is a sudden change in road elevation and or when I turn a bit too fast.
    I'm currently on 195/55/15. My friend suggested that I change to smaller tires to lessen the rubbing.
    Now I'm thinking of downsizing the front tires to 185/45/15. Front tires only since I find no problems with the rear tires at the moment (and budget concerns haha).
    Is this a good idea? Would I encounter problems if I push through with this?

Edit:
    After doing some searches I don't think 185/45/15 tires exist lol. Maybe I'll go with 195/45/15.
    What do you guys recommend? Thanks
    may i inquire, what is your car, and by how much was it lowered?

do the tires rub when turning the steering wheel to opposite extremes?
    Last edited by dr. d; November 3rd, 2020 at 11:42 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung gasgas lang yan, it will be fine. Pero kung may sugat tapos kita na yung ply, change mo na.

No ply seen naman... thanks egan bai...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    mukhang di naman malalim, gamitan mo ng solvent cement (neltex) para di matastas rubber
    Will search for it... thanks bruh!

I will monitor this from time to time to see lang if it will get worse...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    If by rubber lifters you mean the ones that go in between the spring perch and the spring, no.

This is an example:

Some bump stops are located outside the strut assembly.

But a good set up should still rarely hit the bump stops. Best go with the lowering springs that were designed for your car with the right tire size to match.
    I see! Okay I will look into those. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    may i inquire, what is your car, and by how much was it lowered?

do the tires rub when turning the steering wheel to opposite extremes?
    It's a 1997 civic. It was lowered by I would say... 2.5 - 3 inches.
    Yes, it does the rubbing sound when i'm making a sharp turn.

It's been almost a month now I think since I lowered the car. I see no signs of damage on the tires so far so there's that at least.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I see! Okay I will look into those. Thank you

It's a 1997 civic. It was lowered by I would say... 2.5 - 3 inches.
    Yes, it does the rubbing sound when i'm making a sharp turn.

It's been almost a month now I think since I lowered the car. I see no signs of damage on the tires so far so there's that at least.
    Wow that is a huge drop. Did you just get lowering springs? Kits are always better as the dampers, bump stops etc are all compatible with the springs.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung lowering springs lang on stock shocks, di oobra yun. The worse kung gumamit ng putol springs.

Best to go with a lowering kit (shocks, springs, etc.) that matches properly to the car. Dami nyan for the Civic EK.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, hingi sana ako ng recommendation on tire brand. Need ko magpalit ng 4 tires, ito yung size 205/60/R16, around 4K-5K budget per tire. Ayoko ng made in china na tire. Kung may alam din kayo store na nag-ke-carry ng tire size na yan pa-banggit na rin ng name ng store. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drawdee View Post
    Guys, hingi sana ako ng recommendation on tire brand. Need ko magpalit ng 4 tires, ito yung size 205/60/R16, around 4K-5K budget per tire. Ayoko ng made in china na tire. Kung may alam din kayo store na nag-ke-carry ng tire size na yan pa-banggit na rin ng name ng store. Thanks.
    try the yokohama outlet near the dulo of aurora blvd in pasay city, in front of kia, near the end of that road.
    i can't give you the number, but i am confident it is in google. "yokohama tires".
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.

Low budget yet good quality tires