New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 282 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sync3, to be sure, I set my cold tire pressure at 34 psi only.
    rodski, during the holy week, I logged over 270 kms. My fuel economy came out to 9.6km/li, fully loaded ako, kept my speed at max 100km, but most of the time at 80-90 lang.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I filled up my thank yesterday evening, 39.448 li and the odo meter is 898.6km. Subtracting the last odo reading in bataan petron station of 468km I get the difference of 430.6km. I divided it with the 39.448li and I get 10.915km/li.

In this particular run I only spent one day of highway (southbound NLEX) and got hit by heavy bumper to bumper traffic upon entering manila April 6. The rest of the holy week was spent doing short drives to the churches and malls of alabang. So mixed yung performance data ko with highway and urban driving. - 1 day highway 6 days urban.

So I still almost get the 11km/li performance sa urban driving. As for the 15 to 17km/li sa highway, I'll need to do another run and this time monitor the odo and pump intake.

Notice ko lang talaga par mabigat ang paa, lalamon ng malakas. This driving was not having economy in mind. So that was the result.

Happy motoring.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys binuksan ko yung intake manifold as altec said. grabe ang accumulation ng gunk! tsk tsk tsk.para siyang asphalt in texture and composition. tinanggal ko lang ung maabot ng kamay ko. nag improve ang throttle response at nabawasan ang smoke belching

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bench 1,

Thats the one I was talking about. I wrote to kia about this problem and I'm still waiting for their reply.

I cleaned this last month before I went to Bataan. After the trip to bataan, I checked it again and I saw an accumulation of about 1mm thick of gunk.

My analysis is that when you do high speed runs, oil is vaporized and goes to the post Air filter hose (before turbo intake). If you checked the intercooler traces of this vaporized oil is visible so I also cleaned it with soap and warm water.

Vaporized oil is not a problem, however, when it mixes with the EGR (pipe from exhaust manifold to the intake manifold), it mixes with the grayish black dust and forms the gunk.

So to prevent this accumuation we must do the ff:

- use good oil and change regularly.
    - use low sulfur diesel and mix with bio diesel - to prevent grayish black dust.

another option is to put a filter between the hose that goes from the valve cover to the post air filter pipe. The purpose is to catch the vaporize oil. The pipe's purpose is to relieve crankcase pressure and vent it to the intake manifold to be burned. So catching it would not affect the engines performance.

I'll inform you what the kia guys in Korea have to say.

I'm trying to find a way to clean the EGR pipe. Like the exhaust pipe the dust accumulation thickens. Normally putting water in the tail pipe cleans the exhaust pipe. As for the EGR we have to remove the pipe and clean it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rodski,

currently im using petron rev-x all terrain tapos change oil every 10t kms.
    sa fuel naman almost always shell diesel.
    tsaka exhaust pipe cleaning once a month. grabe ang carbon accumulation.. 10 trials yata or more bago mawala ung carbon.

medyo OT: malapit na ko sa 40t km checkup
    nakalagay don pati daw differential oil papaltan...panung ginawa mo dun?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bench 1,

Hindi pinalitan ng signet yung transmission oil ko the last time I had it serviced at 40K. I think I 'll drain this on my next service schedule and replace it with synthetic transmission oil.

As for the differential, since FWD yung carnival the differential is part of the transmission - the tranny oil takes care of that. However, for differential scheduled maintanance, repacking of the grease and checking of the bearings (inner outer), axle boot etc. parang FWD na compact cars ang dapat gawin.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rodski, yung sa akin, 9K+ pa, pero I noticed grabe ang smoke belching niya when I hit the gas pedal when overtaking. Di ko pa na roadtest from the casa today paglabas niya, they just adjusted it. Will bring it back kasi yung ceiling mount monitor ko, nasira, ayaw nila pa-claim sa warranty kasi wear and tear daw. #$%, 10 months old pa lang ang kotse ko, wear and tear na, (of course, mga bata ang open/close ng overhead monitor). The bad thing is, lalong lumuwag ang monitor when they tried to devcon(yun daw ginawa nila) sa plastic part sa may hinge portion. Lumalabas na ba ang pagkabobo ng kia casa techs?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Altec,

Palinis mo yung intake manifold area to reduce smoke belching when doing heavy acceleration. Ang style ko pag overtaking to rev the engine 3 stages. This way I tricked the eccs to make the air/fuel mixture until such time the the turbo boost is enough to force more air in the combustion. The smoke will occur dahil sobra yung fuel versus air pag hindi pa nag kick and turbo boost at 2000rpm. Notice mo nang yayari yung smoke belching effect pag below 2000rpm yung state ng car tapos i-floor mo yung accelerator.

However, when cruising at around 80kph tapos i-floor mo walang usok.

I also helps that when you clean the exhaust system by putting water in the tail pipe and flushing it out by reving the engine. Pag madalas ang car sa stop and go traffic soot accumulates thats why its healthy to go cruising once a month to clean out the soot.

Sorry to hear about the lcd monitor. My car did come equipped with it when I bought it. Audiovox yata ang gamit ng kia. I recta mo nalang sa audiovox mas alam nila yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakapagpalinis na ba kayo ng intake manifold nyo? san pwede ipalinis? ayokong pakialam yon baka me masira.

another Q: di ba ang Oil Filter ng Starex at Carnival iisa? Mobis ang tatak.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    rodski, naayos din ng kia ang monitor. Went back and looked for the warranty claims officer and told him how the monitor was before I had it fixed and how it looked like, which was worse, and pointed to the washers that they replaced it with. Sabi ko anlabo ng trabaho nila. So he removed it and took it apart and showed me the damage. I think nagulat din siya with what we saw, kasi ang pangit talaga ng trabaho ng taga kia and admitted mali ang pagkagawa. Yung unang nagayos sabi daw di talaga maayos kasi wala daw replacement part. When I saw the damage, sabi ko, e ang dali lang pala yan, maski saang machine shop makakagawa sa holder ng monitor. Ayun, within the day, naayos.
    Ang complaint ko lang, may usok sa labas pa rin pumapasok sa aircon maski nakapindot ang recirc button, and they claimed to have reinsulated it na. 2nd, they tightened a bolt at the right front suspension, but I still feel and hear that dull rattle at the suspension area when I pass by a slightly rough road portion. Narinig ko na yan similar sound sa urvan namin 10 years ago at sa corolla ko before. Notice anything like these in your units?

Page 6 of 282 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]