New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 808 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow! I like!

Nga lang, are we considered part of the "Korean" market, since we're already getting the CRDi engine nowadays? Or is Hyundai gonna just be giving us the TDIC engine with the new H-1?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    i thnk we should be getting the CRDi.. why would they step back in time?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang gusto kong pag-ipunan yan

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    kaya ba nitong tapatan ang japan made na nissan el grand highway star??
    the El Grand engine is 3.5 liter V6 petrol...

hindi nga kayang tapatan pag laklakan ng gas ang usapan...hehehe

peace

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    i thnk we should be getting the CRDi.. why would they step back in time?
    well, we should be getting the CRDi, but as per the press release, only Korean and Euro markets get the CRDi VGT engine. anyhow, here's hoping they qualify that statement and we get that yummy CRDi VGT engine ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd prefer a short wheelbase version similar in length and turning radius to the current Starex.

Also, having grown accustomed to the Sedona, my kids sometimes make a mistake and try to get in the via the driver's side on the Starex Two sliding doors is an improvement in my book. The mileage figures could be better though, as I'm already getting 10 km/liter from the 2006 model.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    not too bad

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I'd prefer a short wheelbase version similar in length and turning radius to the current Starex.

Also, having grown accustomed to the Sedona, my kids sometimes make a mistake and try to get in the via the driver's side on the Starex Two sliding doors is an improvement in my book. The mileage figures could be better though, as I'm already getting 10 km/liter from the 2006 model.
    Actually, the current LWB Starex doesn't feel that much longer than the SWB. Anyhow, kanya-kanyang preference nga naman yan I also prefer the 2 rear sliding doors to the current single one, for easier accessibility. The rear doors come with Child locks nowadays, so kids can't make the mistake of accidentally opening the rear doors.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    refigerator van pa rin, ung back similar sa hi-ace. i wonder bat di nlang entourage ang ilabas nila.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, it's hard to leave the Japanese behind in this van market because the Japanese don't really compete in the Transit-Vito segment...

That's the advantage Hyundai has locally with the Starex... most Japanese vans in its price range are either Minivans (ironic name... and those that actually compete with the Starex on space are much more expensive), AUV (lack sophistication), MPV (lack space) or Japanese Commercial Vans (too trucklike).

About the engine? Nice that they still call it the 4D56...

While I'm not a big fan of the Ssangyong-ish front, it's about time they updated. I hope the prices don't go through the roof... but if they do, it shouldn't be because of the CRDi engine... the local Starex already gets a crackling 145 hp CRDi plant as standard...

Some things I like? Longer wheelbase, which probably means better stability. Dash mounted shifter, as the current one bites into my right leg. Lower height, larger tires and brakes, which should do wonders for the handling and braking (although the brakes aren't bad for a van).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)