New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 808 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Nice! When my wife saw the pics, she told me to sell our Starex! Twin Sliding doors! Excellent! I'm guessing it's automatic already? The rear reminds me of the Mercedes Viano. VGT? Perhaps the same as the Santa Fe's? I'm pretty sure HARI will add this to their (almost) complete model lineup...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Wala bang pics nung interior?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It has two sliding side doors, but the Starex in the pictures has the elongated wheelbase version. It's not clear if the shortened wheelbase version , just like the ones here in RP, will carry the same dual sliding doors.
    Starex units are elongated AFTER the sliding door/s. So a dual sliding door on both wheelbase types is very possible.

I just wish that Hyundai implements the two-swing rear doors
    Swing out rear doors are more associated with commercial vehicles in other markets. The lessened rear visibility brought about by the split rear door is also frowned upon in other markets. It's also easier to retrofit lift up tailgates into power-operated units for future models.

I hope there's an option to 'permanently lock' the sliding door in the driver's side...
    You can lock it using the sliding door so it will be inoperable from inside the vehicle.

I think the way the press release is written is a bit off. The CRDi engine is available in almost all markets. It's the 4d56 that is not available in most markets because it cannot meet more stringent emissions requirements.

refigerator van pa rin, ung back similar sa hi-ace. i wonder bat di nlang entourage ang ilabas nila.
    The Starex is a Euro-flavored MPV van (like the VW Sharan, MB Vito, etc.), the Entourage is a U.S.-type minivan (like the Chrysler Town and Country). The Entourage will probably enter the market badged as the Kia Carnival (btw, Kia does not get a version of the Starex).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hindi sa July ang labas ng new Starex dahil most likely eh sa November or December yan(as usual may grand launch daw na niluluto).

For sure kasama ang CRDI VGT variants sa Philippine market(most likely para maging mura ang price kuno eh isa lang ang airbag),most likely yung SWB with dual sliding doors will be priced at 1.4-1.6M...

Para sa akin eh ok naman ang ang bagong Starex,at least it looks like a European van(Vito/Viano type of looks..)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Wala bang pics nung interior?
    Medyo malabo kasi spy shots pa lang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maganda but I bet the full option model will be 200 thousand higher than the current Super Grandia... and the Super Grandia is 1.7m already...

WTF?!?! A 2m Starex with full options and VGT and CRDi?!?!?! nah.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Maganda but I bet the full option model will be 200 thousand higher than the current Super Grandia... and the Super Grandia is 1.7m already...

WTF?!?! A 2m Starex with full options and VGT and CRDi?!?!?! nah.....
    Wag naman sana. Even if the new one will have all the bells and whistles, if you price it that high, it won't sell as it does today.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    2M?Siguro but I doubt that they'll reach that pricetag baka 1.6-1.750M will be the exact price para sa top of the line new gen Starex sa Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It's high time the Starex gets replaced with a newer model (good call on that)

Ows, okay din pala ang interior nito especially the newly-improved steering wheel (ala Veracruz na siya)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ang importante diyan sa persyuhan IMHO ay ang base model -- pag prinesyuhan yun ng lagpas sa Innova, matutuwa ang Toyota dahil malamang paglabas niyan, ayos na ang D4d problems nila.

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)