New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1178
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,448
    #931
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    ...

    I need the CRV because minsan I go to market and stay inside... I won't worry about being carjacked kasi ayaw nila old CRV na hirap benta, kasi masirain, matakaw sa gas and puro sira. Ano ibang cars na carjacked resistance too (i'm thinking of a new one yun hindi nakakasilaw sa mata.. for example Fortuners sobrang nakakasilaw.. na tutulo laway pag nakita ng carjackers...).
    This is an inspiration for me not to sell my old CR-V 98... carjack resistant.

    However, being an old car doesn't really mean that it is safe for carnappers. I remember in a news report that he couldn't believe that someone will be interested to steal his car because​ it is so old. Later they found out that they used​ the engine to power their boats.

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    165
    #932
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    This is an inspiration for me not to sell my old CR-V 98... carjack resistant.

    However, being an old car doesn't really mean that it is safe for carnappers. I remember in a news report that he couldn't believe that someone will be interested to steal his car because​ it is so old. Later they found out that they used​ the engine to power their boats.
    Ano brand ng car nya and model?
    Naku.. you mean Honda CRV engine can power a boat too? How? Can you share any link? Para can look out for abu sayyaf who may need engine power for their new fleet of attack boats.. Thanks for the heads up.

    Ano car too hina it can't be put in boat? Sometimes when I fetch mom to market. I stayed at car inside... may think again if you what said is true...

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,448
    #933
    I can't remember the details except that it was a Nissan box type car. I watched the news many years ago, GMA 7 or RPN 9.

    I'm not saying that CR-V engines are used to propel the boats. What I'm saying is that we cannot limit their imagination for doing illegal things.

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    76
    #934
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Is it true the Honda CRV 2nd Gen Made in Thailand is super poor quality? Meron ako Honda CRV 2004... after 5 years thing started to break down... ngayon many multiple repair na in all parts like Radiator, Rack and Pinion, Brake Master Cylinders, Suspension, etc.. 85,000 Kilometers na mileage ko.

    Proven na ba the Honda CRV 2nd Gen is lemon talaga. I'm deciding whether to sell it and buy a 2nd hand innova or kahit Avanza...
    My unit is a 2006 model, bought it right before the 3rd generation was launched. Fuel consumption aside, my only problems so far after 11-12 years would be the rack and pinion steering, faulty door lock on the front passenger side, right rear window not as smooth as it used to be, worn out shock absorbers, and worn out rubber stopper for brake light switch. Other than those, it has been reliable and dependable. It has been casa maintained ever since, serviced around once a year. Not bad at all, in my opinion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,859
    #935
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre829 View Post
    MG is a Taiwan brand and it stands for Morris Garage.[/URL]

    Um ... Morris Garages is a British / English brand bought by the SAIC Motor (China) ...

  6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    165
    #936
    Say.. if you will replace every part of say the CRV 2004 with brand new parts.. would the total be equal to the cost of a brand new one (like 1.3 Million)...
    Or which components of a car is the most expensive to the least in decreasing order? any web site that talks about this or list the components?


    I want to estimate how much more I have to spend to maintain it. The CRV 2004 now just costs 220,000 pesos in 2nd hand market. I'd like to know what components can still break down in years ahead because if the repair costs total say 400,000.. parang not worth it. So I need to decide based of analysis of the component data. Thanks.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,859
    #937
    2001 model 1st gen Honda CR-V ... 103T kms ... items fixed / repaired ... radiator ... radiator fan bearing ... power steering pump (repair kit) ... engine / transmission mounts ... suspension parts ... engine oil leak ... distributor cap ... aircon evaporator / condenser ...

    Have not replaced any of the hoses in the engine ... nor had a tune-up ...

    The power steering rack is now leaking ... there's a repair kit that costs 6-7T and labor is about 2-3T ... but a friend says there are a lot of fake repair kits being sold ... wondering whether to have it repaired or just fill up the power steering fluid from time to time ...

    It's a daily driven ride ... short distances usually ...

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,388
    #938
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Say.. if you will replace every part of say the CRV 2004 with brand new parts.. would the total be equal to the cost of a brand new one (like 1.3 Million)...
    Or which components of a car is the most expensive to the least in decreasing order? any web site that talks about this or list the components?


    I want to estimate how much more I have to spend to maintain it. The CRV 2004 now just costs 220,000 pesos in 2nd hand market. I'd like to know what components can still break down in years ahead because if the repair costs total say 400,000.. parang not worth it. So I need to decide based of analysis of the component data. Thanks.

    the most expensive parts would probably be the borloloy parts.
    engine and suspension parts are a'plenty, because they are wear-and-tear items. their manufacture goes on long after the model is discontinued.
    but the glass.. the beauty trim.. the plastics.. them's more difficult to source and, to me, outrageously priced. that is, if one can find them at all.

    a car aficionado and restorer, said,
    "even if one restores the old car to its brand-new, factory condition, it will still drive like... an old car!"
    the old car was designed and built around the technology of the time. it would be very expensive to modify the old car, to equal today's technological level. buying a brand new car, would probably be easier, cheaper, and more reliable.

    so how much will it cost? i dunno. i'll find out, when i go out looking for the parts. there is simply too many of them, to list down.
    para po yang na-uspital.
    you'll find out how much you will pay, only when you check out.

    can you make good money from selling an honest full restoration on a common car? i do not know. probably, but not enough profit for the labor involved.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 26th, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    165
    #939
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Mga china brand like haima, baic, great wall. Walang magiinterest dyan. Or pag less than 40 ka pwede MG

    Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    btw.. mga china cars.. meron ba side airbags? kasi wala sa Honda CRV 2004.. ito lang concern ko for another 20 years of use. Side airbags is very vital when you have speeding jeeps or vans who mistaken red for green light and hit your car at the sides. Only side airbags can save you...

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    165
    #940
    Quote Originally Posted by MD888 View Post
    My unit is a 2006 model, bought it right before the 3rd generation was launched. Fuel consumption aside, my only problems so far after 11-12 years would be the rack and pinion steering, faulty door lock on the front passenger side, right rear window not as smooth as it used to be, worn out shock absorbers, and worn out rubber stopper for brake light switch. Other than those, it has been reliable and dependable. It has been casa maintained ever since, serviced around once a year. Not bad at all, in my opinion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    You mean you never experienced any oil leak that needs replacement of some seals? kasi mine.. starting 2014.. 10 years later.. ang dami sira sa oil seals.. how about others? hindi rin nasisira oil seals ninyo.. look at my Honda estimate of repairs done about 2014:


Honda CRV [continued]