New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Sino nakapalit na ng radiator hose upper for CRV 02-07?

I had it replaced by Honda casa yesterday.. but I noticed parang hindi brand new yun hose and meron scratched and faded spots.. ganyan ba talaga ang new radiator upper hose or lemon nakuha ko? I asked to see their other stocks pero wala na stock.. I need more information to scrutinize it.. like if a hose is brand new pero meron faded spots.. meron structural changes that can cause problems later on? ano appearance sa inyo?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post

I had it replaced by Honda casa yesterday.. but I noticed parang hindi brand new yun hose and meron scratched and faded spots.. ganyan ba talaga ang new radiator upper hose or lemon nakuha ko? I asked to see their other stocks pero wala na stock.. I need more information to scrutinize it.. like if a hose is brand new pero meron faded spots.. meron structural changes that can cause problems later on? ano appearance sa inyo?
    Or has anyone got any experienced with any Honda casa branch giving you "class a" replacement product or even used ones? I need to collect some hard facts before I challenged them and tried to talk with the branch manager or their president for such practices.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Or has anyone got any experienced with any Honda casa branch giving you "class a" replacement product or even used ones? I need to collect some hard facts before I challenged them and tried to talk with the branch manager or their president for such practices.
    naka plastic + sealed + part # sticker ba nung binili mo? if yes, authentic oem yan as long as sa casa mo sya kinuha.. pero kung binigay na sa iyo wala na plastic nya or "opened" na may doubts na ako... usually kung bibili ako ng parts sa casa binibigay naman nila complete lahat naka sealed then sila mag bubukas or ikaw

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by zaft View Post
    naka plastic + sealed + part # sticker ba nung binili mo? if yes, authentic oem yan as long as sa casa mo sya kinuha.. pero kung binigay na sa iyo wala na plastic nya or "opened" na may doubts na ako... usually kung bibili ako ng parts sa casa binibigay naman nila complete lahat naka sealed then sila mag bubukas or ikaw
    they installed it at car... when you bring car to casa for repair.. they don't show you the parts sealed and the mechanics opened it.. diba usually we left car at casa for half day or so... pero after done na replacement and using flashlight on it.. it's parang same as old one (which they also gave it to me).. parang faded skin... ang original dapat black rubber diba.. kaya I was asking mga ppl ditto na naka palit ng radiator hose sa casa.. ano appearance ng new?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    they installed it at car... when you bring car to casa for repair.. they don't show you the parts sealed and the mechanics opened it.. diba usually we left car at casa for half day or so... pero after done na replacement and using flashlight on it.. it's parang same as old one (which they also gave it to me).. parang faded skin... ang original dapat black rubber diba.. kaya I was asking mga ppl ditto na naka palit ng radiator hose sa casa.. ano appearance ng new?

ito picture ng same radiator hose parts nakita ko sa amazon Amazon.com: Genuine Honda 1951-PNB- Radiator Water Hose: Automotive

compared it sa na installed sa akin na faded...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

why did you have yours replaced?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why did you have yours replaced?
    kasi they diagnosed old ones as "bulky radiator hose upper and lower".. meaning daw ng bulky by about to burst kaya dapat palit agad.. what upsets me is parang luma rin yun pinalit.. I heard ang radiator hose upper pinaka critical kasi boiling coolant galling sa engine ang dumadaan doon

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    You mean you never experienced any oil leak that needs replacement of some seals? kasi mine.. starting 2014.. 10 years later.. ang dami sira sa oil seals.. how about others? hindi rin nasisira oil seals ninyo.. look at my Honda estimate of repairs done about 2014:

All the leak in my CRV 2004 would take 20,000 pesos to fix.. ikaw.. do you fix all of your leak? I haven't since 2013 when they started occurring. I just added oil. Pero there is a particular leak Im a bit concerned wanna scrutinize.. sabi ng isang Honda branch meron ako Vtec Solenoid Oring leak.. sabi ng isa wala naman.. so I need to check it out for myself.

Sino familiar sa Vtec Solenoid Oring leak.. can it affect the oil pressure inside the engine or hindi naman. If hindi naman. then hindi ko I-priority.. I can just add oil monthly... pero if it can affect the performance.. then I need to do the Solenoid Oring leak fix muna (instead of others which can cost 20,000 pesos)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kasi they diagnosed old ones as "bulky radiator hose upper and lower".. meaning daw ng bulky by about to burst kaya dapat palit agad.. what upsets me is parang luma rin yun pinalit.. I heard ang radiator hose upper pinaka critical kasi boiling coolant galling sa engine ang dumadaan doon
    that is my point, sir.
    i am assuming, the SA meant that the old hose is already "ballooning", which is a sign of weak walls and of impending rupture.
    so i am wondering, why does the new hose look just like the old one, as you say? is the new hose also ballooning, or neither old nor new hoses are ballooning, and na-sales talk lang si TS ?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that is my point, sir.
    i am assuming, the SA meant that the old hose is already "ballooning", which is a sign of weak walls and of impending rupture.
    so i am wondering, why does the new hose look just like the old one, as you say? is the new hose also ballooning, or neither old nor new hoses are ballooning, and na-sales talk lang si TS ?

the above pic is my old radiator upper and lower hoses.. do they look bulky? the one who diagnosed the hoses as bulky was their technician who fixed the other part in my car. And since na stuck car ko sa araneta because the main radiator unit (costing 13,000) burst and all the coolant came out.. I didn't have second thought kasi mura lang yun hoses..

And after letting a material professor check it.. the new rubber hose is ok naman.. so i'll let it pass na.. and focus now on my engine leaks.. do you have leaks that costs 20,000 to fix.. pina fix mo lahat na leak sa old car mo? are you familiar with vtec solenoid oring leak? would the oil pressure be affected if hindi na fixed?

Honda CRV [continued]