New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    what will happen if you don't repair the leaks.. I add oil naman every month.. i'm just concerned of the vtec solenoid leak since baka ma hina oil pressure.. would it?

well.. dati I went to a talyer to ask opinion bakit nag vibrate engine ko... he said dapat daw I overhaul na transmission kasi sira na kaya vibrate.. then I went to Honda casa.. eh engine support plastic lang sira.. after napalit.. wala na vibration.. so lessen na trust ko sa talyer..
    There are still a lot of good talyers around, you just have to sort out the good ones from the crooks.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    meron kame pinupuntahan sa banawe na talyer. tapat ng Sogo sa banawe.

yun corolla ko at ng wife ko dun namin dinadala for repairs, yun sa wife ko palit pa ng AT tranny ginawa nila, ok naman. but that was like more than 5 years ago don't know now kung ok pa sila ngayon pero you can try to check it out.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by supadude View Post
    meron kame pinupuntahan sa banawe na talyer. tapat ng Sogo sa banawe.

yun corolla ko at ng wife ko dun namin dinadala for repairs, yun sa wife ko palit pa ng AT tranny ginawa nila, ok naman. but that was like more than 5 years ago don't know now kung ok pa sila ngayon pero you can try to check it out.
    Dun ko dinala same crv ko last 2015. meron leak sa rack and pinion.. then said meron na tama.. dapat palit.. then they put surplus.. on next day.. meron ulit leak sa surplus.. then they put second surplus.. tapus next day meron ulit leak sa 2nd surplus! after that I know I won't trust surplus again... then they put replacement.. now 2.5 years later.. meron na leak sa rack and pinion replacement.. I won't fix the leak muna kasi not malakas pa.. sayang natapun na original rack and pinion.. puwede pala kit sa casa but costs 15,000.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

If you have a CRV 04 that is worth 200k only now sa market.. would you fix the engine leaks for 20,000?
    if i intend to use the car still, i'd have it fixed, but outside the casa.
    i think it can be fixed outside the casa, for less then half the casa estimate.

but if i intend to sell the car, "caveat emptor". i'll just mention to potential buyers, that the engine leaks, and "bahala na silang mag-ayos".

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dun ko dinala same crv ko last 2015. meron leak sa rack and pinion.. then said meron na tama.. dapat palit.. then they put surplus.. on next day.. meron ulit leak sa surplus.. then they put second surplus.. tapus next day meron ulit leak sa 2nd surplus! after that I know I won't trust surplus again... then they put replacement.. now 2.5 years later.. meron na leak sa rack and pinion replacement.. I won't fix the leak muna kasi not malakas pa.. sayang natapun na original rack and pinion.. puwede pala kit sa casa but costs 15,000.
    where is the leak? is it in the rack assembly, or is it from the hose?
    if from the hose, replace it with OEM or a japanese hose.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    50/50 talaga pag surplus lalo pag rack and pinion, you should check un sa loob kung may tama na, pag may tama na kahit orig repair kit pa yan masisira din agad yan kasi may tama na un pinaka structure. my dads civic may leak brake master nagpalit ng orig repair kit may leak pa din palit ng surplus may leak pa din after a while, hanggang sa nabenta un oto na may leak.

why not buy original parts then have a talyer mechanic do the labor for you. mas malaki matitipid mo sa labor. unlike pag sa casa, isang bukasan lang naman ang makina pero yun labor isa isa ang charge nila. ultimo basahan at grasa naka lista.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba yun 2004 na CRV? Yun gen 2? Yun 7 seater kuno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where is the leak? is it in the rack assembly, or is it from the hose?
    if from the hose, replace it with OEM or a japanese hose.
    It's from the rack assembly.. or the rack end seal sa lower boot sa picture below:

the picture was taken in 2015 before it was put in car...

anyway.. my priority is the leak... I called up Honda Manila to confirm the exact prices, and the price of the Torque Converter is much more expensive.. hence:

rear crank shalf oil seal (transmission side)... labor 3,600
    front crank shalf oil seal ........................... labor 3,600
    need to reseal timing chain cover................. labor 3,600
    valve cover gasket..................part 862 ....... labor 900
    vtec strainer..........................part 468 ....... labor 900
    vtec gasket...........................part 351 ....... labor 900
    vtec solenoid oring leak..........part 850 ....... labor 600
    oil pressure switch leak...........part 2000 ....... labor 900
    torque converter oil seal leak...part 1200.... labor 3600

total costs exactly 24,331! expensive torque converter and the shalf leak and timing chain kasi baba pa transmission sa most of them... and I can't trust talyer anymore after numerous bad experiences with them..

tomorrow i'll bring my car to Honda manila.. based on your knowledge of engine principles.. ano theoretically pinaka important ma fix na leak? budget ko ay 3k muna.. I'm thinking it's the vtec solenoid oring leak because that's where the oil first pass by when it is pumped to the engine.. i'm still studying vtec engine principles for the pathway of the oil today...

in your own words.. can you summarize how the oil is pumped to the engine? i'm still analyzing how the vtec solenoid functions in it. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    There are still a lot of good talyers around, you just have to sort out the good ones from the crooks.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's from the rack assembly.. or the rack end seal sa lower boot sa picture below:

the picture was taken in 2015 before it was put in car...

anyway.. my priority is the leak... I called up Honda Manila to confirm the exact prices, and the price of the Torque Converter is much more expensive.. hence:

rear crank shalf oil seal (transmission side)... labor 3,600
    front crank shalf oil seal ........................... labor 3,600
    need to reseal timing chain cover................. labor 3,600
    valve cover gasket..................part 862 ....... labor 900
    vtec strainer..........................part 468 ....... labor 900
    vtec gasket...........................part 351 ....... labor 900
    vtec solenoid oring leak..........part 850 ....... labor 600
    oil pressure switch leak...........part 2000 ....... labor 900
    torque converter oil seal leak...part 1200.... labor 3600

total costs exactly 24,331! expensive torque converter and the shalf leak and timing chain kasi baba pa transmission sa most of them... and I can't trust talyer anymore after numerous bad experiences with them..

tomorrow i'll bring my car to Honda manila.. based on your knowledge of engine principles.. ano theoretically pinaka important ma fix na leak? budget ko ay 3k muna.. I'm thinking it's the vtec solenoid oring leak because that's where the oil first pass by when it is pumped to the engine.. i'm still studying vtec engine principles for the pathway of the oil today...

in your own words.. can you summarize how the oil is pumped to the engine? i'm still analyzing how the vtec solenoid functions in it. Thanks.
    Solenoid? Pagawa mo na lang sa labas sobrang bilis lang gawin niya Then yun magtitipid mo treat mo na lang sa amin. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda CRV [continued]